Jamaica vs. Parguay Nov. 14 CANCELLED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica vs. Parguay Nov. 14 CANCELLED

JFF has announced on its Facebook page that Paraguay has pulled out of the scheduled November 14 match, choosing instead to play Puerto Rico. There is no word yet of a new opponent.

WHAT?!!!!!! puerto rico??!!

a muss fraid dem fraid!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

dem waan able fi call man "negro" wid no repercussions!!
      Peter R

Comment

them see how we dus out US and Antigua inna di office. LOL

Them hear say we on a mission. LOL
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Paraguay is at the bottom of the WC qualification table in CONMEBOL.

Strange that they would pull away from a mutually beneficial tune-up game.

Maybe Jamaica should travel to SA to get some good away game experience.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

why is it benefical to them. Can you imagine what their moral would be like when Dane score two and Mattocks score two pon dem. LOL

it better them go play we saps neighbour.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If they have a chance of being beaten pulling out might be psychologically advantageous, i.e. choosing a weaker opponent to boost the morale and maybe belief of the players... having said that I would prefer to play a team that I'm more evenly matched with in preparing my team for competition.
              Peter R

Comment

Puerto Ricoi was on the same field with Spain recently. Maybe they think PR picked up a thing or 2 from the Euro and World Champs.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

what were they doing on the field and what did they pick up...maintenance crew picking up garbage? LOL
                  Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    why is it benefical to them. Can you imagine what their moral would be like when Dane score two and Mattocks score two pon dem. LOL

it better them go play we saps neighbour.
                    Love your confidence Assasin.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/qu...id=210&cc=5901
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                      what were they doing on the field and what did they pick up...maintenance crew picking up garbage? LOL
                      When I heard about the game I thought it was a prank. Spain beat dem 2-1.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

When I was in high school, my class went on a one week trip to San Juan, PR. We had a game with some students from a military academy. We entered the game with the notion that we were going to give them a baseball score beating, afterall, who ever heard of PR playing "ball". The first thing that struck me was the "carpet" grass pon di field. After about goal number 'tree", in the first half, with my ches' wheezing, I had to beg for a change. Dem times deh me was a big time scrimmage baller. The man dem fit and fast plus me did used to playing pon stone and dirt field or in our likkle Crabbit Soccer Room. I lost count of how many goals scored against us. The spectators on the sidelines were literally rolling with laughter. Plus we weren't wearing any boots.....just we crepe.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          When I was in high school, my class went on a one week trip to San Juan, PR. We had a game with some students from a military academy. We entered the game with the notion that we were going to give them a baseball score beating, afterall, who ever heard of PR playing "ball". The first thing that struck me was the "carpet" grass pon di field. After about goal number 'tree", in the first half, with my ches' wheezing, I had to beg for a change. Dem times deh me was a big time scrimmage baller. The man dem fit and fast plus me did used to playing pon stone and dirt field or in our likkle Crabbit Soccer Room. I lost count of how many goals scored against us. The spectators on the sidelines were literally rolling with laughter. Plus we weren't wearing any boots.....just we crepe.
                          That was funny! Remind me of a time a cruise ship docked in Ochie and man from the areas that was a member of the crew lined up a game at drax hall. Man an man was bragging to come and watch dem beat the farina dem. As soon as the game started people realized they bit off more than they could chew.

Everybody always think dem a big baller ..... until.

Comment

Working...
                          X