Good First Half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good First Half

The Panama 4th-minute goal aside, Jamaica shows enough scrappiness to be in the game. Bibi is not looking good in midfield and his missed chance(s) not making it any better for him or Jamaica. It might not be a bad move to shift him into th eleft back position for the 2nd half.

Mario Swaby looks good but is overlapping too much.

Luton Shelton is clearly a cut above th eother players!
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

RE: Good First Half

Farmah (3/26/2007)The Panama 4th-minute goal aside, Jamaica shows enough scrappiness to be in the game. Bibi is not looking good in midfield and his missed chance(s) not making it any better for him or Jamaica. It might not be a bad move to shift him into th eleft back position for the 2nd half.

Mario Swaby looks good but is overlapping too much.

Luton Shelton is clearly a cut above th eother players!

We outplayed Panama...but, we have missed so many chances...& Panama looks dangerous when in or around our penalty-area.

Bibi played a champion game. His movement and taking up, continuously support space aided numerous attacks and I cannot remember him mispassing a ball. He was making accurate passes...with either foot 'all night long'. (Clap) ...was vital in aiding retention of the ball. His movement took him forward, through the middle - on the left and on the right - and back in defense. Appears he has decided to switch places with the right back...not too sure about that.

Shelton's movement was also tireless ones...he just kept moving into space...and, he kept the Panama defensive line hustling. That use of his pace may wear those Panama players down. Ofcourse Shelton's movement and Bibi's movement had the other players doing some off the ball running. They are still not as active as they should...but, 1,000,000 times better than in the game against the Swiss.

Interestingly the technical display by the players appear a tad better than against the Swiss....however, Panama is miles slower at closing down our players.

Conclusion: We are playing some good attacking football. We could be up by 3 goals.

We should note our defense has been tested only once - and, a goal resulted.

On to the 2nd half!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

is it too much to ask the score for those who cant see the game???

Comment

1-1
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

thanks boss. For some reason (probably rights) FSC canada is showing the England game.

Comment

OJ (3/26/2007)is it too much to ask the score for those who cant see the game???

1 - 1
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

2nd half?

Which 2nd half! ...besides two attacks by Panama there was nothing! Both TEAMs appeared to settle for walking about and a draw.

Conclusion: Both coaches, I think, where happy not to lose. A confidence builder for the Reggae Boyz, the JFF and the fanz.

Pick of our players Bibi and Shelton. The players...the TEAM worked hard.

Bora, ...and all those who love our Reggae Boyz would have liked the effort put in to support the man on the ball. Tremendous improvement at moving and passing. Still a tremendous waaaaaay to go...but, it appears the teaching is...or, is it the learning of the game has begun!

FORWARD! (Clap)(Clap)

Comment

Bibi played a champion game.
                Jawge, ah mean Karl, nuh start me tonight. Where did Gardner have a champion game? I did not think he did and he made a lot of errant passes plus missing the onion bag from point blank range. Nuh badda start the foolnish now yah Karl! (N)
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla (3/26/2007)
                  Bibi played a champion game.

Jawge, ah mean Karl, nuh start me tonight. Where did Gardner have a champion game? I did not think he did and he made a lot of errant passes plus missing the onion bag from point blank range. Nuh badda start the foolnish now yah Karl! (N)

I forgive you!

I described the 1st half ...and, included in that description was, Bibi having a champion game. Yuh ear mi? Di fus alf!

Yes, he made a powerful volley which was blocked...and, missed when it was easier to score, but, that first half he played was MASSIVE! If you do not agree no big thing. Well we already know that 'my football' and 'your football' are two different things! Was it last year or the year before we posted that what I considered good football, you considered poor football?

Oh yes...I also posted above on the 2nd half...and, all I could have found to say was - "Which 2nd half"? The meaning was clear. In my opinion there was not one!

Reading is a hell-of-a-thing!

Apology, sah?

Comment

<DIV>Tilla, you should know by now that Karl can rationalise anything. If Tappa had the worst game, Karl could mek it look good. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>In any case, I agree, somewhat, with Karl. Bibi had a good game. His crosses and spot kicks were horrid, though.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Good to see that Bora did not agree with BenJ. Bibi is better off at midfield for the Boyz, despite what he plays for Bolton. I'm sure Ben would come back and say that this is just a friendly. When it comes to the WCQs, Bora will move him back to defence, right BenJ?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X