Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebel Ferdinand leads breakaway by black players

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...k-players.html
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Lord Ouseley, John Barnes, them fe shet them mouth theybare part of the problem what right Ouseley have to criticise Ferdinand and Barnes mus keep his mouth shut when he started playing football in England White people were trowing banana onto the field and that was over 20 years ago barnes must have heard of Rosa parkes,and Martin King with their direct action to bring about change The PFA and the FA form these little token groups and nominate their entire board and pay them their wages so they can't creticize the FA so its only lip service
    http://www.onenewspage.com/n/Sports/...easons-for.htm

Comment

mi like that. Put your money where your mouth is. Just go about it the right way.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The kick it out comitee remind me of a board in Jamaica years ago set up by the police the investigate themselve which was found out by the british Cops who went to work in jam years ago and who said the Board must be independent of Police and Government they are now called IndaCom and have since Retired nuff and arrested some. Fergie dont have any Black family so what does he know Ferdinand, Jason roberts and Lescott and Junior Hoilet made us Carribean people feel proud and as Ferdie say the board should not be controlled by the FA bless

Comment

Barnes nuh stand for anything. Him have some real house negro ways about him.

Comment

Exclusive: PFA accused of ignoring race row

Jason Roberts claims union has been repeatedly urged to act on players' concerns in the past 12 months.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...w-8223714.html

Comment

what's the issue here? why didn't the players want to wear the Kick It Out t-shirts?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Can Ashley Cole join?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  what's the issue here? why didn't the players want to wear the Kick It Out t-shirts?
                  Because Kick It Out is a joke. I have been trying to tell unuh dat for over a year. They have not been consistent and don't look at the issues deeply enough. For example, it is not just about black players being abused on the field as Jason Roberts has said, and even there, they are toothless. When the FA (who funds them with a whopping £30,000 per year of their ~£450k budget) frigs up, they say nothing. To have JT get away with a 4 match ban vs. 8 matches for Suarez is the latest example of their ineffectiveness. All they do (and I am over-simplifying) is issue press releases and parade Lord Ouseley around as their poster child. I am sure they mean well, but they simply do not have the budget to be effective (in my opinion).

Now tell me this, if the FA were serious about kicking racism out of football, don't you think they would give KIO more than £30k a year? And don't you think they'd have a minority (black, chinese, indian whatever) on their board instead of a whites only board? As I have intimated before, to get racism out of the game, start at the top (FIFA, UEFA, FA). All now, UEFA has NEVER had a black board member, nor has the FA as far as I know. :kissteeth:

And that brings me to the last bit of my rant. The FA has been successful in making the football public believe that racism is an "on the field" thing when in truth more strides have been made on the field than elsewhere.

They have gotten the press to side with them in making a big deal of JT and Suarez and the Serbian sh*t. Well, if you have herb in your basement and you don't want get find out, start a fire in your neighbour yard. There is very little attention paid to the real areas where racism exists - in the board rooms, in the managerial ranks and in the administration of the game.

When UEFA can fine Bendtner £80,000 for showing off his underwear and ~£30,000 collectively to Russia and Spain for racism, where was KIO? Where was the FA? Where were all the people dem crying down Suarez? (They were right to cry down JT for the record). :kissteeth: (we really need a kissteeth smiley). Why no one crying down the FA and UEFA to appoint black and other minorities to their inner ranks? (They do have a woman, a white one).
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Any twit... I mean tweeter, can join
                    Peter R

Comment

Barton blasts anti-racism plan of players' union

Facing growing criticism from players, the England Professional Footballers' Association on Wednesday proposed a six-point plan to tackle the continuing problems of racism in the game.

GettyImagesRio Ferdinand did not wear the Kick It Out T-shirt prior to the clash with Stoke.

The PFA's six-point plan calls for tougher penalties for racist abuse, including making it potentially a sackable offense, mandatory awareness programs for offenders and the introduction of the Rooney Rule to boost the number of black coaches and managers.
                      But Joey Barton blasted PFA chief Gordon Taylor's leadership via Twitter, calling him a "fat, festering old king too drunk on power or wine to notice that his meal is a rotting corpse of maggots."
                      High-profile players including Rio and Anton Ferdinand and Joleon Lescott refused to wear T-shirts for the anti-discrimination campaign Kick It Out last weekend because they perceived a lack of action in recent cases of racism.
                      Barton also criticized his fellow players for inaction as well as for plotting a breakaway union.
                      Barton's Twitter tirade included this: "This could prove a pivotal point for the game and society beyond it. Footballers must be socially aware and not afraid to ask the 'race' Q?"
                      Last October during their visit to London, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and Pittsburgh Steelers chairman Dan Rooney advised English Football Association officials on the benefits of adopting the Rooney Rule designed to create more opportunities for black and minority coaches.

More on ESPNFC.com

It's a crying shame that Bill Maher doesn't watch football. Because, like him or not, the agit-prop comedian would skewer the hypocrisy, idiocy, do-nothing measures and double standards being applied to the sport's problem with racism, writes James Martin. Story

Of the top 92 clubs in England, only four have black managers.
                      "What that has done is create more opportunities for African-American coaches and other minority coaches to become NFL head coaches because you've had to look at a broader slate of qualified individuals," Goodell said last year. "And that has been good for our game (and) it's good business. And that was exactly our message to the FA officials."
                      Taylor's six-point plan also calls for speedy action in claims of racism, stiffer penalties, Rooney Rule implementation, respect on all equality issues "such as gender, sexual orientation, disability, anti-Semitism, Islamophobie and Asians in football."
                      Taylor spoke out against a breakaway union for black players.
                      "If they want their own particular select group who they feel they can influence everybody more than the whole PFA as a union together, I would say they are seriously mistaken," Taylor said.
                      Former England striker Dion Dublin said questions should be asked over the lack of black and ethnic minority managers in the Premier League.
                      "There are so many black and ethnic minority players that may have been good enough to have been managers, but have they applied for these jobs? We don't know," Dublin said Wednesday. "If they have and have not got them, then why? It is either they are not good enough, or there is a race issue."
                      FA chairman David Bernstein announced Tuesday that the governing body will review the sanctions for racist abuse following the John Terry case but insisted the Chelsea's captain's four-match ban was "about right."
                      Former West Brom and Arsenal defender Brendon Batson has called on black players not to form a breakaway group.
                      Batson, a former PFA administrator, told BBC Radio Five: "I'd be really disappointed if there was a split and I don't think there would be any benefit."
                      Most of the points on the PFA action plan would have to be agreed by the FA and the leagues, such as disciplinary sanctions, courses and changes to contracts.
                      "We should all be in this together as one, but unfortunately of late, that has not been the case," Dublin said.
                      "There has been segregation within the camp on the field, and segregation within the camp in the terracing, and it has been brought to light that at the moment, we are not one."
                      Information from The Associated Press and Press Association was used in this report.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Roast Breadfruit it's called.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          Roast Breadfruit it's called.

or "choc ice" in some circles. Racist statement. Nobadda wid dem tings.
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

well me still use the term ******, chiney and "ole nayga" but refuse to use the term n*gga. Does that makes me racist?
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              well me still use the term ******, chiney and "ole nayga" but refuse to use the term n*gga. Does that makes me racist?
                              Let's say it this way - if Suarez is guilty, then so are you. Don't you think? By the way, I am glad to hear you don't use the word n*gga. Not a good word. Nuff man dead fi dat word. At least we can agree on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X