Jamaica's myopic non-development strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Karl.

First tell me how you have a top quality league with the average game not pulling 4000 people to be kind and at least 1000 of those not paying. Top teams like HV, Tivoli, Arnett are very limited in the support they attract.

Who is going dump big bucks in that league? You see Digicel leave the league to invest in community leauges and grassroot improvement.

While the JFF can do more and should do more, they have done some. To say we have not improved over 98 is a lie. To say it is a shame is not true. We still have a way to go. The JFF can centralize some systems but ISSA is not always the easiest group to work with either and they will fight tooth and nail to keep status quo.

Just look at Trinidad, look at their try to go pro and all the stadiums etc. they build. We still have a decent system. Current last year we had a number 2 draft pick in the last US college draft and two top 10 this year. We have young players making the trek in Europe and Scandanavia as never before.

Tell me there has no improvement since 98
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      No Karl.

*First tell me how you have a top quality league with the average game not pulling 4000 people to be kind and at least 1000 of those not paying. Top teams like HV, Tivoli, Arnett are very limited in the support they attract.
      I take it your quesion speaks to the topic we...this thread is on i.e. quality of play of our players and in our various leagues. That having of vast sums of money would surely enable easier path to production of top quality players and leagues if, and only if the leadership priorities are focussed on the right areas...but it does not and should not mean that our present financial circumstance confine us to lack of professional leadership, clearly defined goals and appropriate actions to drive us to the TOP OF THE WORLD production of quality players and teams.

That "we do not have enough money" is an excuse geared to lying to self...symtomatic of 'poor self-worth'...an 'can't' mentality. The old ones from my village in days gone by would label such persons involved in perpetuating that type mentality as 'wutliss'.

Just think on this - How is it possible for us to produce so many TOP OF THE WORLD junior track and field athletes on our poor tracks with lack of 'proper' equipment?

That excuse of "*First tell me how..." is bumkum!

Who is going dump big bucks in that league?
      The JFF should partner with all the stakeholders to produce a good product and only then will the money flow in. Expecting money to flow towards a lousy product is not even worth discussing.

You see Digicel leave the league to invest in community leauges and grassroot improvement.
      Red herring! ...just a continuation of 'head in the sand'...escape from realities of JFF's failure to perform at optimum level.

While the JFF can do more and should do more, they have done some.
      In the big scheme...the JFF HAS DONE VERY LITTLE!

To say we have not improved over 98 is a lie. To say it is a shame is not true. We still have a way to go. The JFF can centralize some systems but ISSA is not always the easiest group to work with either and they will fight tooth and nail to keep status quo.

Just look at Trinidad, look at their try to go pro and all the stadiums etc. they build. We still have a decent system. Current last year we had a number 2 draft pick in the last US college draft and two top 10 this year. We have young players making the trek in Europe and Scandanavia as never before.

Tell me there has no improvement since 98
      What?
      ...mumbo-jumbo! ...and I suppose attempt to put head further down into sand! Does not address acts of the JFF and results of such acts on production system or mores to churn out top quality players using the/our entire youth talent pool.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We cannot wait until a good pro league develops to create a good skill set in young players. We are not currently doing that in the say 10-18 y.o. cohort because there's no system outside the HS programs (which we all know are sup-par) and a few club junior teams. We need a "proper" academy system suited to our circumstances to develop players under a consistent Jamaican style of play

The main thing stopping this system development is leadership
        That's my point

Since the T&T level is not and has never been an aspirational goal of ours...their experience is irrelevant
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
          Mi nuh believe in trying to re-invent the Wheel..

Jamaica have 2.7 Million people and per capita of < $4,000.

What is the blue-print ?

Don't see a successful one (regular trips to the WC) that does not include leveraging the Diaspora as well as building players from 8 years old in a dedicated environment..

Here are some thoughts on a blueprint for the 12-19 y.o. cohort ... http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...referrerid=298

As far as the 8-12 y.o. kids go...mi nuh know dat market

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            We cannot wait until a good pro league develops to create a good skill set in young players. We are not currently doing that in the say 10-18 y.o. cohort because there's no system outside the HS programs (which we all know are sup-par) and a few club junior teams. We need a "proper" academy system suited to our circumstances to develop players under a consistent Jamaican style of play

The main thing stopping this system development is leadership
            That's my point
            Correct...but also beef up the school system as that allows for exposure and entry of very best from our entire talent pool!

What is the point of choosing 24 boys and girls at randon as on hoping and praying that by chance we have selected the best from out of our umpteen thousands of talented youngsters? Wouldn't it be more likely we 'discover' our best from our talent pool if the selection process had a scientific basis rather than 'close eyes and pin the donkey's tail'?

Since the T&T level is not and has never been an aspirational goal of ours...their experience is irrelevant
            Love your response here!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

ok boss

Comment

starting at 12 is too late.. yuh have a hole in your plan..

Glad to see you recognize the requirement for a dedicated environment.. you soon come around to the need to leverage the Diaspora.. Critical Thinking would help you there..

Comment

LOL... the diaspora is already over-leveraged. There's lots of chatter about that by so many... I don't feel the need to join. I prefer to focus on native development

I have the outline of a plan for the 12-18 y.o cohort...what do you have? Word sound?

Also if starting at 12 is" too late"...why your shrill criticism of HS ball played by 15-18 y.o. ballas being a detriment to development?? Ascordin to yuh dem dun lang time an cyaan redeem

That combination of opinions of yours is contradictory ...but I understand your complex

Comment

Pro league argument is just the last leg of the full development cycle, we will have to rely on export of players to develop our third leg and the clubs earning off that exported talent to build the 1st and 2nd leg.

I disagree with you on TNT back in early to mid 90's if someone said lets trade players and programs we would have probably taken that deal and been ecstatic.

Comment

=Stonigut;386840

I disagree with you on TNT back in early to mid 90's if someone said lets trade players and programs we would have probably taken that deal and been ecstatic.
                      speak for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                        Here are some thoughts on a blueprint for the 12-19 y.o. cohort ... http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...referrerid=298

As far as the 8-12 y.o. kids go...mi nuh know dat market
                        Well the 8 - 12 y.o. kids are in the majority below High Schools...the High School talent pool is but a part of the process...hence we speak of 'school system'.

Many others will tell you the process starts pre-8 y.o. ...but I will take that primary and preparatory schools start.

As Sass alluded we do not have massive amounts of money to invest in football...so we must use that which we have that can be molded to the task at hand - creating a TOP OF THE WORLD industry. That means creating TOP OF THE WORLD sytem of development with what we currently have - 'the schools', the clubs, the intra-parish and inter-parish structures and leagues and 'the volunteers' who currently operate as leaders - i.e. administrators, teachers/coaches, our workers in various medical disciplines, player-agents, etc.

Once we consistently produce top quality players and leagues the money will pour in. Constanty increasing of quality will produce an 'egg - > chicken - egg...' unending growth circle = vibrant football industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          Well the 8 - 12 y.o. kids are in the majority below High Schools...the High School talent pool is but a part of the process...hence we speak of 'school system'.

Many others will tell you the process starts pre-8 y.o. ...but I will take that primary and preparatory schools start.

As Sass alluded we do not have massive amounts of money to invest in football...so we must use that which we have that can be molded to the task at hand - creating a TOP OF THE WORLD industry. That means creating TOP OF THE WORLD sytem of development with what we currently have - 'the schools', the clubs, the intra-parish and inter-parish structures and leagues and 'the volunteers' who currently operate as leaders - i.e. administrators, teachers/coaches, our workers in various medical disciplines, player-agents, etc.

Once we consistently produce top quality players and leagues the money will pour in. Constanty increasing of quality will produce an 'egg - > chicken - egg...' unending growth circle = vibrant football industry.
                          yes

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                            starting at 12 is too late.. yuh have a hole in your plan..

Glad to see you recognize the requirement for a dedicated environment.. you soon come around to the need to leverage the Diaspora.. Critical Thinking would help you there..

yep 12 too late... but HS tournament with 17 y.o. players ah di big problem

woiiee mi belly!! Critical stinking !

Comment

Working...
                            X