Ebanks-Blake goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    Pretty it up, give me a break, how the hell do you pretty up 25 goals two seasons in a row, he won the golden boot twice at championship level. Not one, yes not one now, or ever that represented Jamaica has had that level of achievement. What is there to pretty up. This is a candy red Maserati, can't get much better than that.
    The pretty up part if referencing the Premier League argument. Better you give yourself a break.

Comment

Even at Epl level seven goals and three assists is nothing to sneer at, especially doing it in half the games in the season. I am good, you need fI take a break on this one, I just don't understand how you can't see that this youth is extremely unusual and has a lot of potential.

Comment

He is a Championship player. Nothing unusual about him apart from that him short and stocky. He has put the ball in the back of the net this season with greater frequency now that he is back in the Championship, but both he and Doyle have been poor otherwise. The fans at Wolves have been complaining about him looking like a completely different baller from the one they knew 4 years ago. No pace, hasn't been moving much off the ball and has been turning over the ball a lot.

Comment

Alright, sounds like an interesting observation, btw are you related to Lee.

Comment

Don't know the breddah.

Comment

Maybe the Wolves fans are going on emotion and haven't made the effort to analyze his stats to realize that he is eggceptional
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                Maybe the Wolves fans are going on emotion and haven't made the effort to analyze his stats to realize that he is eggceptional
                SEB is a legend at Wolves, you would never hear a bad word uttered about this youth. It is a bit disappointing when you get people just throwing comments out there without foundation. I am at Molineux this Saturday to watch Wolves v Charlton and also will watch Bristol City v Wolves on 1st December so will get my first look at SEB this season.

Comment

ok boss
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                    SEB is a legend at Wolves, you would never hear a bad word uttered about this youth.
                    Better you be honest with yourself. Lets take a trip to the Wolves message board. This is from right before the summer. Most realize that he struggles without a target man beside him.

Originally posted by Poster 1
                    I remember West Ham at home 2009/10 and I thoroughly believed he'd own the league (well, get over 15 goals). Wolves tamely lost that day, rubbish defending if I recall correctly (what's new); SEB missed a bread 'n' butter header and frankly it was all down-hill from there for him.
                    Originally posted by Poster 2
                    I think if he can lose a bit of weight over the summer, become a regular starter and get some confidence as a result of that, he'll come good again.
                    Originally posted by Poster 3
                    SEB, when given chances has looked unfit and that is the worrying signs and the reason why I don't think Mick gave him the chances he deserved - how hard was he trying in training? Was he knocking the door down like he should be? I dont think he was, and he has looked overweight recently too.
                    Originally posted by Poster 4
                    For me, SEB does not have a football brain in as such as he does not see an opportunity to make a run or offer himself for a pass or killer ball, he is like the playground footballer at school who could stand around the goal area and boot the ball in.
                    Originally posted by Poster 5
                    You only have to look at him on the pitch to see he isnt at the races. He looks so sluggish this season and i really do think he needs to lose a little weight.
                    Originally posted by Poster 6
                    I'm torn on him. WHen we came up, what he lacked was the inability to anticipate a pass and so come off the defender to receive it, which meant the Premiership defenders were nicking the ball by getting in front of him, time after time. To me, it seems to have taken him an age but he has now learned how to do this.
                    Originally posted by Poster 7
                    It's been mentioned already on this thread, but SEB is best suited to operating alongside a target man - Iwelumo fulfilled that particular role previously with obvious great success.

Now we can fast forward to current times, since he is scoring in the Championship again.

Originally posted by Poster 1
                    If SEB lost some weight he would be tremendous. Think back to the season we went up. that goal away at Charlton. He would never score that now.
                    Originally posted by Poster 2
                    SEB may not be pefect and his overall play may be poor a lot of the time but he does score goals. He's the best we've got and he's a decent player at this level for sure so maybe we should be a bit happier with what he has to offer us.
                    Originally posted by Poster 3
                    In the promotion season there was so much more to his game. He has scored a Peno, a header from 5 yards, the deflected goal today and a mistake from a defender.
                    Originally posted by Poster 4
                    He had no movement and couldnt control the ball and hold up the ball. Nowhere near as good as Doyle and Fletcher. That is the point, IMO, he should have trained harder to become better and he shouldNOW be a better player. But he isnt compared to the player he was when we got promoted.He has had a run of games this season and he is not showing enough for me.
                    Originally posted by Poster 5
                    In the promotion season there was so much more to his game. He has scored a Peno, a header from 5 yards, the deflected goal today and a mistake from a defender.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                      Better you be honest with yourself. Lets take a trip to the Wolves message board. This is from right before the summer. Most realize that he struggles without a target man beside him.

Now we can fast forward to current times, since he is scoring in the Championship again.
                      That's the thing with a lot of you guys you read a few comments here and there and make an opinion about a player without seeing him play. Right now SEB needs games to get back to his sharpest like any other footballer returning from injury. I can give a honest opinion on a player because i watch games every week. SEB is the man at Wolves and the fans sing is name constantly when you go to a game at Molineux. What i learn in life is no matter how good a player is there is always a few doubters so the best thing is to watch the player and form an opinion of your own.

Comment

I have seen him play many times, so better you try again. For some reason you seem to think you are the only one who watched games in England.
                        He is a Championship level striker. Nothing wrong with that. Like all strikers at that level , he has some limitations that make him less effective at the higher level. He may be able to play in our team, but he is not the great game changer that Stonigut's initial posts are making him out to be.

Comment

I have seen him play many times, so better you try again. For some reason you seem to think you are the only one who watched games in England.
                          He is a Championship level striker. Nothing wrong with that. Like all strikers at that level , he has some limitations that make him less effective at the higher level. He may be able to play in our team, but he is not the great game changer that Stonigut's initial posts are making him out to be.
                          Right now we haven't got anyone better than a Championship level striker and have never had one so that is the level we are at right now.I am happy you said nothing wrong with that. We are having this discussion because when SEB was mentioned your response was he is a Championship level striker as if we've got any top drawer striker to choose from!

Comment

My response of him being a Championship level is solely say he was not an EPL level striker. At no point have I suggested we have EPL level strikers all over the place.

Comment

My response of him being a Championship level is solely say he was not an EPL level striker. At no point have I suggested we have EPL level strikers all over the place.
                              Ok thank you

Comment

The super power that we are in world football we can afford to see a player like this as rux. Ah bwoy Sylvan Ebanks-Blake mi seh

http://www1.skysports.com/football/l...h/262658/video

Comment

Working...
                                X