• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebanks-Blake goal

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ4sB-P...%3DxQ4sB-PHlgk

You showing his goal from 2008?

Comment

Ebanks-Blake nuh good. His best days have passed him just like Jobi McAnuff.

Comment

The dude is just 26, come on! That is harsh!

Comment

and at 26, his better days have already passed...

Comment

What you know, tell us, I am just looking at stats and some YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
              What you know, tell us, I am just looking at stats and some YouTube.
              This thread's exchanges sum up your model's deficiencies quite nicely
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I've seen him in action on numerous occasions and he hasn't impressed. He reminds me of Darren Byfield.

Comment

Or just the opposite, takes out the emotion and the personal vendettas and just gives us the raw facts, like someone else tried to argue on another thread on this issue, even in a down year when he had seven goals and three assists in the epl that was better than pretty much almost every other yard balla, so I am just rolling with mr lee to see where he is going, but as like you he he not bringing no facts just pure feelings.

Comment

Lee I hear your feelings but the facts show a different ting, byfield is a good league one player, even in league one in his best year he is about half the production of Ebanks Blake in the championship, no comparison, ......what you say them look alike, thus they must be the same.

Comment

LOL....funny

He says he has seen and evaluated the players....you have never seen them but evaluate half decade old "facts" leavened with half-baked assumptions (LOL) to render an opinion on players and their relative merit

Your analysis is speculative, dated and flimsy. His is recent and first hand. So who to trust?

Sorry...No contest
                      Last edited by Don1; October 22, 2012, 02:11 AM.
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Stonigut what you need to understand is that a lot of dem man ya pon the forum as never been into a football stadium in them life, them watch a few clips on youtube here and there and then come pon forum and chat shite!! Sylvan Ebanks-Blake is a highly efficient striker and would be an upgrade to anything we have. He is at a good age, 26 -27 yrs is widely regarded as the age when footballers are at their peak so there should be more to come from him. Blake was unlucky when Wolves played in the Premiership he suffered an injury at a crucial time and when he came back he did not get the run of games to get is sharpness back.

Comment

Anyone can look good on youtube...This guy is simply not good enough. If we are going to call him, might as well we give Aaron McLean a recall also.

Comment

But lee, you don't really tell us anything yet. Is he slow, is he one footed, he can't jump, he holds his head down, he can't pass, he can't dribble, he is a weak defender, what, what, give us something tangible Nuh man, cho!

Comment

You really want me to go into it? Ok here goes...

1.When he was hot Barnes called him out along with Henry and Pratley to represent Jamaica... Blake and Henry ended up getting drafted into the Three Lions' squad. Both of them failed miserable...Jamaica shouldn't be anyone's last chance...

2. With that said, Ebanks-Blake does wonderfully well in holding up the ball with his back to goal. He is strong and good with both feet. He holds up the ball and lay it off well. He is technically sound (good first touch etc) and will do damage if allowed time and space. However, that's all there is to his game. He is slow, weak aerially, short always seem to be fat(un-fit) has zero one on one skills. All of his goal are from inside the 18 yard with majority of them just 8 yards out. that won't happen in concacaf...I doubt that he has scored more than 5 headers in his entire career. If you want to get a true indication of the type of player he is, think Barry Hayles.

He doesn't move well off the ball but for some reason he is always wide open in the 18 yards box.

The reason why he scored so much goals was because opposing defender used to not pay him much mind because they all thought that he was useless...
                              Last edited by Lee; October 22, 2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X