Ferguson to 'deal with' Rio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Viv has his opinion, so does Rio? Rio supported Evra when Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand. He has supported his brother after his issue with Terry. Earlier in the week when the PM was expressing outrage at the incident in Serbia, Rio said they needed to address the problem at home. Rio has been consistent and I think Fergie is an a/hole for fining the man for standing up for what he believes in.
    Lazie, he is not fining him for what he believes in. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this shows how much of an idiot Rio is (a position I have long held). His manager told the media that all his players would wear the shirt, so in essense, he was directly showing up the manager. Secondly, I think he can get his point across much better than using someone else's idea of a protest. But him not too bright, so unless it's not a bit of drivel on twitter, all he can do is jump on the nearest bandwagon him can find. This was just as dumb as Suarez not shaking Evra's hand and embarrassig KD.

As for my opinion on "Kick it Out"- I think the organization is woefully underfunded for the amount of things people want them to do. They are ineffective because they don't have the leadership or the resources to do much about creating the awareness needed. Lastly, all the noise and focus by the FA is on the pitch, if Kick it Out was going to be "real", I'd want to know when the FA and UEFA was going to appoint their first ever minority to their respective boards and when they were going to give REAL MONEY to Kick it Out (£30,000 a year can barely pay for toilet paper - the fines charged JT and LS should go to Kick it Out - that would increase their budget by more than 50%).
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

This is like you need an ID but you need one to get one.
      How can you have such a poor view of Kick IT Out yet gives it weight over Ferdinand...when both(Ferdinand refusal to wear.. and the wearing of the shirt by players) will achieve the same objective?
      Fergie stance is exactly that,Kick it Out trumps over Ferdinand....
      Maybe he(Ferdinand) is not too smart but this was brilliant of him.
      Liverpool man dem alone fi walk together?
      Robert by himself?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        How can you have such a poor view of Kick IT Out yet gives it weight over Ferdinand...when both(Ferdinand refusal to wear.. and the wearing of the shirt by players) will achieve the same objective?
        Robert by himself?
        Rio plays for Manchester United therefore if Rio should say the earth is round Paul Marin would start a earth is flat campaign.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yeah it is all about perspectives.Suarez demonstrated holding hands is not enough to evoke we getting together, similar to wearing a t shirt.It is being called into question because it trumps everything apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Rio plays for Manchester United therefore if Rio should say the earth is round Paul Marin would start a earth is flat campaign.
            Huh? What crap are you chatting?
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Yeah it is all about perspectives.Suarez demonstrated holding hands is not enough to evoke we getting together, similar to wearing a t shirt.It is being called into question because it trumps everything apparently.
              You miss the point Slurgieson is trying to impart which is the TEAM is behind the campaign. If Rio has a problem with that - then go and talke to the manager, don't just show up on the field without the shirt. No respect. That's Rio's problem. Why is that so hard to understand?

Comment

Robert by himself?
                First of all, this is not a "Liverpool" thing, so leave that out. Where do you get that I have a "poor view of Kick it Out?" I said they were INEFFECTIVE because they are UNDERFUNDED. If I have a poor opinion of anyone/anything - it is of the FA. As far as Rio's brilliance, we can agree to disagree. He has proved time and again that he's an idiot.

Comment

Look, its ability to achieve its objectives defines it.
                  It was that time the broken clock was right.

Comment

My guess is Fergie never spoke to the team,it was arbitrarily done based on some arrogated rights.Maybe there would be no need for Rio to talk to Fergie if the manager had consulted with him(one of two players..Evra being the other) before....
                    If that is the case,Rio (re)acted in kind....

Comment

My guess is Fergie never spoke to the team,it was arbitrarily done based on some arrogated rights.Maybe there would be no need for Rio to talk to Fergie if the manager had consulted with him(one of two players..Evra being the other) before....
                      If that is the case,Rio (re)acted in kind....
                      Well, I find that hard to believe (that Slurgie didn't speak the team)..but fact is I don't know. So...all I can say is that Rio obviously didn't take it up with him, which is pretty disrespectful.

Comment

Look, its ability to achieve its objectives defines it.
                        It was that time the broken clock was right.
                        I have no idea what you are trying to say; sorry. You are right about the broken clock though - well past the time to fix tings.

Comment

In other words Kick It Out is ineffective in reaching its objective for reasons you stated(funding, leadership etc) hence your view of them has to be poor.
                          Rio, according to you, has made poor decisions in the past, but he(the broken clock)is right at this very instance.
                          Mi sey tings not try fi, sah.

Comment

In other words Kick It Out is ineffective in reaching its objective for reasons you stated(funding, leadership etc) hence your view of them has to be poor.
                            Rio, according to you, has made poor decisions in the past, but he(the broken clock)is right at this very instance.
                            Mi sey tings not try fi, sah.
                            I don't agree Rio is right, but to each his own, just like I didn't agree with Suarez for not shaking Evra's hand.

Your assessment of my perspective on KIO is incorrect. For example, I know a youth who has lost his job and makes decisions I think are counter productive, but I hold him in the highest esteem. I don't have any issue with KIO, I have an issue with the people (FA) who yammer on about KIO and all the good work they are supposed to be doing, but are not "putting their money where their mouth is".

Comment

Well, Ferdinand's refusal to wear the shirt against Fergie's wishes achieved the desired publicity that this whole Kick it Out campaign needed. Fergie was wrong as this is a personal issue that black players have. What the campaign needs now is a prominent white player to publicly support the black players. The next time a racial incident happens at a stadium, the abused player should take up the ball and his teammates suport him and walk off the field.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                                Well, Ferdinand's refusal to wear the shirt against Fergie's wishes achieved the desired publicity that this whole Kick it Out campaign needed. Fergie was wrong as this is a personal issue that black players have. What the campaign needs now is a prominent white player to publicly support the black players. The next time a racial incident happens at a stadium, the abused player should take up the ball and his teammates suport him and walk off the field.
                                If Rio had gone to Slurgie first, maybe the manager would have supported him. I can't wrong Slurgie this time. Rio is right to want to have KIO do more (you may recall I have said before they are weak), but, as is his custom, he can't seem to get the execution down. If he and Slurgie held a press conference (after the manager's statement about Roberts) where Slurgie said "I spoke to Rio, and he says he won't wear the shirt, while I don't agree with him, I support his right as an individual on this deeply troubling matter", that would have been a HUGELY impactful statement.

So that said, I don't agree (surprise) that he achieved the desired result, all that is happening is that people are arguing over whether he was right or wrong, not whether there is a racism problem in the game nor are we discussing how to rid ourselves of it.

Your approach to walking off the field is something I whole heartedly agree with and thought Eto'o's teammates should have done it with him at Barca years ago; they didn't but it would have made a big difference and sent a huge message. FIFA/UEFA have huge fines for doing this. Why? $...or more like THEIR $$$$$$. Hypocrite dem.

Comment

Working...
                                X