What we need to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we need to do

No need to panic and no need for no doomsday fan yah no.

First we have to look at the goalkeeper. Look at Blake, see what happen to Ricketts and the others.

With Mapp back the defense is ok. I know some people are not sold on Palmer but I still think he is an upgrade. We need at the right mid, Watson or Morrison can't cut it. I hope the player from England who is hurt will return or we go hunting someone like Carl Henry to sit beside Rudi, and that person Shadow Palmer to get the short passes. Palmer also have the option of putting it down the wing which he doesn't do too bad at.

The midfield with Hue as the attacking mid is good as he is perfect for holding up the ball slowing the game down, disgusing the run by the forward and making that killer pass. He needs a backup on the bench but anyone who can't make a good 20 yard pass need not apply.

Shelton is too uncertain, Ryan needs a goal, Cummings need a little more games.

I see some exciting times with Hue, Dane, Mattocks and Demar combining and breaking down some defense. Fuller can only help if he is going to play ball and not trying to hold onto the ball. No need to go hunting for too many players. We need one of these 2 week Brazillian camps and some good practise games and we will be alright.

Anybody in the JFF or whatever committee who kept Jermaine Hue out should be dropped. I don't know they made this powerful committe. If anything they should be a rubber stamp committee for the coaches.

Watch the ride.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

What we need is 2 full dress-rehearsal practice games, full strength sqaud vs full strength Venezuela and Ecuador. Those would be two good tests and prep games.

Comment

Assasin, i don't know if you are watching the WC qualifications taking place in South America. The games are on beIN network. I have watched most of them (since they are constsntly repeated).

The current talent on the Jamaican team--would not stand a chance playing against CONMEBOL stragglers Bolivia, Venezula, Peru or, Paraguay.

I am aware the lots of you are in love with the local contingent. But the next level requires better more experienced players. Half the team is not up to standard. UB-40's is the solution.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

looks are deceiving HL. One thinks that this Canada team would have at least make the X.

I have seen those games and yes it is tough but at the end of the day we naw play them. A few practise games would be good. Who would have thought that Jamaica and the US would be qualifying on the last day of qualification. Remember the US beat Italy and which other team at their home and mash up Scotland?

Football is a funny game, looking can't play it.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Let's face it Sass. The US team as currently constituted is the weak when compared to what they will use come Feb 2013. We also need a new team set up.

Comment

"The US team as currently constituted is the weak"

Tell that to HL. So you don't think everybody including Jamaica try to come strong?

You know the funny thing is? Only Jamaicans think we not good, I wonder why.

Others are saying since the last Gold cup they have seen Jamaica rising.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
              What we need is 2 full dress-rehearsal practice games, full strength sqaud vs full strength Venezuela and Ecuador. Those would be two good tests and prep games.
              The first one coming up is November 14 Jamiaca vs Paraguay

Comment

Jamaica is not a good team Assasin. They don't play good football either.

Maybe Stoni could provide you with the [statistical] verification of the above.

Jamaicans don't even support their team. Example: Jamaica v. A&B

Notice the amount of blue at the Guatamala v. USA game?

Compare that with the Yellow present at the US v. Jamaica game recently in Ohio.
                Last edited by HL; October 18, 2012, 12:46 PM.

HL

Comment

that is not the question.

ReggaeDoc say US weak, why you run from that? Telling me bout our support. LOL

Comment

The current level of weakness of the USA squad is still better than the current strength of the Jamaican squad.

Iz the 'weak' USA that give Jamaica the break they now enjoy!!!

Look Assasin, please stand next to Mosiah in the CHIOR to sing the US national anthem.

Thanks

HL

Comment

you letting me down man. Is the US team weak? mi want fi know.

What change between Ohio and now when yu say the US and Jamaica teams were good teams. LOL

you let me down or you pandering to Reggaedoc.

Comment

[quote]
                        [quote=HL;385599] Assasin, i don't know if you are watching the WC qualifications taking place in South America. The games are on beIN network. I have watched most of them (since they are constsntly repeated).

The current talent on the Jamaican team--would not stand a chance playing against CONMEBOL stragglers Bolivia, Venezula, Peru or, Paraguay.

I am aware the lots of you are in love with the local contingent. But the next level requires better more experienced players. Half the team is not up to standard. UB-40's is the solution. [/quote]

...but do you see anything that suggests upward learning curve for most of the squad? ...big jump in levels of play before the next round (Hex) and during the next round (Hex)?! ...surely not half-the team to be dropped?
                        Last edited by Karl; October 18, 2012, 02:24 PM.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Jamaica team currently is awoke team. Let's be real. Sentiments aside.

Comment

...a weak team

Comment

Sass, Jamaica beat a depleted US team at home with 2 set play goals, and lose to the same depleted team away. We welcome the win, but Jamaica never looked that good even though we were playing at home. Quite frankly we were lucky, and not very convincing.

Comment

Working...
                              X