Adebayor kicked out of national team over bonus row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adebayor kicked out of national team over bonus row

<H2></H2><SPAN>First Published: Mar 25, 2007</SPAN> <DIV class=pictureCaption style="FLOAT: right; WIDTH: 245px">

Emmanuel Adebayor, seen here in Germany during the 2006 World Cup. Arsenal striker Adebayor and two of his Togolese international teammates have been kicked out of the national team following a row over bonus payments.</DIV>

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor and two of his Togolese international teammates have been kicked out of the national team following a row over bonus payments, official sources revealed on Sunday.

National captain Adebayor has been excluded along with striker Kader Cougbadja, who plays for Jazira in the United Arab Emirates, and defender Nibombe Dare of Belgian second division side RAEC Mons.

The Togolese Football Federation (FTF) decision was taken "after analysis of indisciplined behaviour" shown by the players "before and after the match Togo-Sierra Leone" on Saturday.

Togo moved top of Group Nine of the 2008 Nations Cup qualifiers after beating Sierra Leone 3-1 in a game in which Adebayor scored twice.

But according to sources close to the FTF the ongoing problem over player bonuses is at the heart of the decision.

FTF manager Zep Kuete told national radio: "
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Adebayor kicked out of national team over bonus row

Why Keshi went back to this?

Comment

<DIV>
      Lazie (3/26/2007)</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Banned or suspended for two years? </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Let's hear the apologists now.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>
      </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

<A class=title>Adebayor Could Quit Togo</A>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor could retire from international football after receiving death threats.

The 22-year-old netted twice as Togo beat Sierra Leone on Saturday, but the build-up to the game was dominated by a contract wrangle between the Togolese players and officials.

Adebayor was a central figure in the row and he revealed he had received threats that he must "play in the match or else".

He told the BBC: "I am only trying to put certain things right and correct a few mistakes in Togolese football, but it appears some people do not like it.

"Now I am going to go back to Arsenal and think about my future. I have to protect my life and I have a family to look after."
        </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Does Manu have an EU passport? Is he thinking this through? Lets see, him nuh have an EU passport, he needs to move to another club, isn't he going to have a problem?

Comment

Lazie (3/26/2007)Does Manu have an EU passport? Is he thinking this through? Lets see, him nuh have an EU passport, he needs to move to another club, isn't he going to have a problem?
            How many years has he been at Arsenal? If I remember correctlyEngland has a rule that if you have been playing in Europe for 3 years the 75% rule is waived. - T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Oh ... okay then .... I wasn't aware of that.

See, word is Fergie may want to sign him and seeing that he is one of the lowest paid at Arsenal, him may want to move to the Theatre of Dreams.

Comment

Working...
              X