The very inconsistent statsman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The very inconsistent statsman

Stoni mi brethren you provide good stats and the love for it but you are inconsistent in choosing your player.

How is it you want to call a man who had one season and something like 8 assist in the RSPL to the national team and you don't support a youth who has been doing it for 10 years or more. How is the BT player doing now?

You call for players performing in big leagues yet when you calling for your BT player you throw all a that out the window?

How do you judge the performance of players in the MLS? The stats say a different thing from what our coaches are saying in some case. Do they watch the MLS or you provide them with stats?

You also provided stats on how good our midfield is or suppose to be yet they don't change the game. Why do you think Hue was reluctantly called?

It seems like you only use the stats when it suits you? That was what I have been saying all along, most people only use stats to support there argument and kindly bypass it when it show them up. Stoni you have too much talent and knowledge fi that iyah.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Sass, yuh ruff yuh nuh!

You make some valid points though on how Stoni use stats as a convenience.

It is kind of surprising that he has not been able to see and ask why Hue' stats did not earn him more consistent calls to the national side.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Alright assassin, you killing me but I guess that is why them call you cold blooded.

Not inconsistent at all, Hue has gotten a million chances, Campbell has had none. Hue has had chances all over the place and if he was a fitter, more active on defense player who knows where he would be today, but the bottom line is in pro ball you really cannot afford a one sided baller over a 38 game season and is not like him was putting up any big stats anyway.

Alright so last year MC put in ten goals and probably same assists over probably 37 game that BT played, he was skipper and almost lead them to title, he earned the MVP, I am not saying e should start, I am not saying he should be on the squad, all I am saying is he should have been called so he gets a chance to show his wares.

MVP of mls is Rosario, 16 goals and 12 assists, wicked! Epl player of the year is van persie 30 goals 9 assists over 37 matches, la liga poy was messi 50 goals and 15 assists or something like that, now each of those players are the heart of their respective national teams, they are the best player in their respective leagues, but the best player in our league with the stats to boot, the finish and he was skipper not even get a cut eye!!

Who is inconsistent! me or the guys that pick the team or you guys who rave over a guy who did not perform wel last year, team finish down the table he play about half the games and he waltzes into the team from nowhere to play the most critical match of the year, who is inconsistent me or you.

All I want is a more transparent process, a more meritocratic approach to selection, I nah say the best stats starts, but the best stats get the shot to get into the squad.

I know seh you at work, ah work hard, show up everyday, build the relationships, work productively, high quality and some dude that the boss likes because him went to same school or him have some connection get the big job over you I know sey yuh rue fI dat. So what is it so hard to want a process that uses stats and productivity as a guideline to selection.

I don't know a lot about Austin, Morrison or peel head, but you know what I know, them is some dependable hardcore youth, them guh a foreign close to the artic circle and not just survive them thrive, the team see them, bring them and you know what them payoff, big quinella business as they are the heart and soul of their teams. Others get a chance and can't even hold on Likkle bit. That is why I have so much respect for any yard youth that guh a foreign and thrive, they are the real hardcore and that is where you see heart and guts and that is what you need to win at the highest levels. I am nt totally at peace with midfield but a guy like Watson even though he is not productive on the offense side, he works hard on the d side and that is half of the game. My team is always one where every player can play defense, every player is a hawk in mind.

So here is the sequence. Stats as a guideline to identifying the best, guys playing farin leagues that come out of yard get first bite, everybody get them opportunity when the squad gets together to show what them have and where them mind is, after that coach can pick based on chemistry, needs and head to head performance. After saying all that I am also a fan and I am biased to certain types of players my bias is fast, hardworking, sacrifice for team type players. That is it!

Comment

Stoni put it this way. The fact is Whitmore and Andy William kept Jermaine Hue off the team plus his foolish decision to play Bronx ball when he was called. The fact is with Tappa and Williams in the squad it would have been hard for another offensive who don't do much tackling in the game.

Since Tappa and Andy resign there has been no reason why Hue is not in the side. Most of the games Hue play in he didn't under performed. He may have not been Messi but he was a decent player. I can understand that we all wanted younger Akeem Priestly, Keith Kelly and Kemar Daley to stop up but it never happen and Hue should have been recall. After lighting up the one game he was given in Montego Bay. Tappa pulled him and never recalled him. Now it showed that they needed an attacking mid after playing with all these midfielder with all defensive mid so he had choice but ro recall Hue.

Your stats in inconstent because at one stage you said you wouldn't give a young player the chance over a tried and proven. I think you were talking bout Omar Cummings and the youth playing in Vietnam(I would even spell his name for Mosiah to come cuss me .

I wont even touch you bout the opportunity created. not yet .

I like your stats but you bend it

"So here is the sequence. Stats as a guideline to identifying the best, guys playing farin leagues that come out of yard get first bite, everybody get them opportunity when the squad gets together to show what them have and where them mind is, after that coach can pick based on chemistry, needs and head to head performance. After saying all that I am also a fan and I am biased to certain types of players my bias is fast, hardworking, sacrifice for team type players. That is it!"

Problem is if you a follow the stats so close you can't be bias. We need the workers but also need the snake oil man too or nothing nah gwaan
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

another thing when you talk about EPL stats. Check out Grant Holt stats for last season and tell me how Jermaine Penannat and Raheem Sterling get call over him. Check out Peter Crouch stats for club and country and tell me how most of these strikers get call over him.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
            Alright assassin, you killing me but I guess that is why them call you cold blooded.

Not inconsistent at all, Hue has gotten a million chances, Campbell has had none. Hue has had chances all over the place and if he was a fitter, more active on defense player who knows where he would be today, but the bottom line is in pro ball you really cannot afford a one sided baller over a 38 game season and is not like him was putting up any big stats anyway.

Alright so last year MC put in ten goals and probably same assists over probably 37 game that BT played, he was skipper and almost lead them to title, he earned the MVP, I am not saying e should start, I am not saying he should be on the squad, all I am saying is he should have been called so he gets a chance to show his wares.

MVP of mls is Rosario, 16 goals and 12 assists, wicked! Epl player of the year is van persie 30 goals 9 assists over 37 matches, la liga poy was messi 50 goals and 15 assists or something like that, now each of those players are the heart of their respective national teams, they are the best player in their respective leagues, but the best player in our league with the stats to boot, the finish and he was skipper not even get a cut eye!!

Who is inconsistent! me or the guys that pick the team or you guys who rave over a guy who did not perform wel last year, team finish down the table he play about half the games and he waltzes into the team from nowhere to play the most critical match of the year, who is inconsistent me or you.

All I want is a more transparent process, a more meritocratic approach to selection, I nah say the best stats starts, but the best stats get the shot to get into the squad.

I know seh you at work, ah work hard, show up everyday, build the relationships, work productively, high quality and some dude that the boss likes because him went to same school or him have some connection get the big job over you I know sey yuh rue fI dat. So what is it so hard to want a process that uses stats and productivity as a guideline to selection.

I don't know a lot about Austin, Morrison or peel head, but you know what I know, them is some dependable hardcore youth, them guh a foreign close to the artic circle and not just survive them thrive, the team see them, bring them and you know what them payoff, big quinella business as they are the heart and soul of their teams. Others get a chance and can't even hold on Likkle bit. That is why I have so much respect for any yard youth that guh a foreign and thrive, they are the real hardcore and that is where you see heart and guts and that is what you need to win at the highest levels. I am nt totally at peace with midfield but a guy like Watson even though he is not productive on the offense side, he works hard on the d side and that is half of the game. My team is always one where every player can play defense, every player is a hawk in mind.

So here is the sequence. Stats as a guideline to identifying the best, guys playing farin leagues that come out of yard get first bite, everybody get them opportunity when the squad gets together to show what them have and where them mind is, after that coach can pick based on chemistry, needs and head to head performance. After saying all that I am also a fan and I am biased to certain types of players my bias is fast, hardworking, sacrifice for team type players. That is it!
            Stoni, let's assume you are right that Hue has had a million chances, tell us when he has failed. What has he done or not done that would warrant us kicking him to the curb?

For me, it is easy to see why Maestro (and let's start calling him by his name, please!) did not do well a farin. Maestro is not your utility player, the player who can play any position any way you'd like. if you install him as the pivot of the team, as is done at HV and with the RB, he will produce. He always has produced and will continue to do so.

Just wondering, Stoni, how do you measure that performance where you have a quality quarterback who finds his butterfinger wide receivers every time? Instead of a completion, it is recorded as incomplete. How does that work?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Stoni View Post
              After saying all that I am also a fan and I am biased to certain types of players my bias is fast, hardworking, sacrifice for team type players. That is it!"
              Stoni, that's good to know. I go for quality players, which also implies some of what you like, but quality must be there.

Stoni, go to any DCup/Manning Cup match and you can find a great number of players that you could select for your team.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the MLS with a few teams and cutting Jamaican players to bring in European wash up is no more. If you got his chance in the MLS today he may have been traded but he would have gotten his chance as teams now are searching for quality players who can move the game forward as we they now have a lot of teams.

Comment

Again, my issue with hue has nothing to do with his offensive skills, I was very excited back in the day when he first got his chance, but as you probably remember I was not loving his speed, his response and there was one game in particular where somebody took the ball off him and he had no response, mi Nuh love dat at all, now if he was faster and more combative, then I would be a happy camper, but I believe in a certain type of midfielder who can close down space real quick, intercept and steal and just use speed and body to harass even the best and most skilled players.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                    Again, my issue with hue has nothing to do with his offensive skills, I was very excited back in the day when he first got his chance, but as you probably remember I was not loving his speed, his response and there was one game in particular where somebody took the ball off him and he had no response, mi Nuh love dat at all, now if he was faster and more combative, then I would be a happy camper, but I believe in a certain type of midfielder who can close down space real quick, intercept and steal and just use speed and body to harass even the best and most skilled players.

What you don't appear to realize is that what you believe to be ideal is irrelevant. If your ideal player doesn't exist or is unavailable to our team...that ideal must be immediately discarded to recognize reality.

Armies fight with the weapons they have...and football teams use the players at their disposal...this is not your fantasy league
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                    X