Stoni & the ites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoni & the ites

would you say we have a midfield problem or a striker problem ?The way how I see it our midfield with all its faults have been playing good ball and thats not counting Hue inclusion.

Our strikers are letting us down, badly .

Shelton -Poor
    Ryan- Poor
    Cummings- Ungradeable
    Richards- Average
    Mattocks -Ungradeable.
    Fuller-******** Poor plus

When you avergae it out thats just poor.We need two bonafide killer strikers.
    Last edited by Sir X; October 15, 2012, 10:01 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by X View Post
    would you say we have a midfield problem or a striker problem ?The way how I see it our midfield with all its faults have been playing good ball and thats not counting Hue conclusion.

Our strikers are letting us down, badly .

Shelton -Poor
    Ryan- Poor
    Cummings- Ungradeable
    Richards- Average
    Mattocks -Ungradeable.
    Fuller-******** Poor plus

When you avergae it out thats just poor.We need two bonafide killer strikers.
    ... but with the abundance of talent, finding 2 "bonafide killer strikers" shouldn't be a problem. Failing to score against a POOR Antigua team has come back to haunt us. Now unuh affi hope the USA beat Guatemala, but why should they?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Failing to score against Antigua & Guatemala.If we fail to advance it will be because we lack goal scoring strikers.If we beat Antigua at home I expect the goals to come from the midfield and that says it all.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

BTW i dont count penalties as any proof to being a clinical finisher, even the greatest striker will tell you its down to luck.

Comment

mattocks play? king play? fuller play? deon burton play , having the talent is one thing HANESSING and then properly utilising it is another thing.

btw the talent is not just in sports, jamaica generally under utilises its talent not sure why ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Listen goal is not an easy thing fI score in tough matches, that is why I always build my team on defense first principle. That is why I don't like slow, non combative, laid back players, actually it is a even stronger word, I love hard running, hustling, aggressive fit players. Defense first philosophy don't let in stupid goals like the first goal against gut, the first goal scored by us, the way Antigua out hustled us, we have the players, we have the goods to play shut down defense, we have seen it at times, but when we start believing this creative midfielder trash that is where it gets us in trouble. What I don't see is enough creativity in the forwards, defenses panic when speed and creativity come together, I just don't see that with our players as you say that is where the advantage is created in speed and time relative to space, especially the space on the edges of the 18 yard box towards the side line where the space per player thins out and maneuverability and speed is at a premium, get behind the line with the pass down the line, the square coming from the bottom of the box back to the center is difficult to defend and if you don't score the defender will, I see none of that space being used by our team in the attack. It is not about the defense splitting pass much as it would be nice, it is about maximizing the use of space and using speed to cement the advantage. Remember when it was almost impossible to score on reggae boyz through qualifying phase, now we giving up a goal in every single match, we have no shutouts during the entire preyed round, what that tell you, we have a fundamental weakness in the makeup of the team which comes from inconsistency in selection and poor cohesion due to lack of chemistry. This issue is exacerbated when we start making additional mistakes of thinking we need to sacrifice team defense with slow, don't love to run, non hustling players, but maybe I am biased on that point.

Comment

There you go blaming Hue again for the team's downfall.

Tell me something, if we go back to the 1998 team. Did Simoes use creative midfielders in his team? Was it effective? Brazilians on a whole, do they employ creative mids? I do not want you to tell me we are not Brazil, we may not be, but we have been using Brazilian coaches since 1994. Tappa is a product of such a system.

Hard running and defensive teams do not always get the job done in my opinion. If your game becomes too predictable, then teams can plan for you and shut you down. I have seen matches where Ruddy Austin was a mere spectator and not quite as vibrant as we saw in that match against the USA in Kingston. Matter of fact, Hue was not present in Columbus and you had the entire squad you would want to see on the field. They failed miserably. I want to see you rationalize that when there was not the slow creative crap in the middle.

So yes Stony, let me hear you give your piece on the game prior to this one which was against the USA. I think the team played even worse than they did against Guatemala.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

That is easy. Clearly they decided to sit back and absorb pressure and wee not inclined to open up too much against a fired up us team, I attribute that to poor match planning and possibly to poor execution of whatever they were told.

Comment

"Defense first philosophy don't let in stupid goals like the first goal against gut, the first goal scored by us, the way Antigua out hustled us, we have the players, we have the goods to play shut down defense, we have seen it at times, but when we start believing this creative midfielder trash that is where it gets us in trouble. What I don't see is enough creativity in the forwards, defenses panic when speed and creativity come together, I just don't see that with our players as you say that is where the advantage is created in speed and time relative to space, especially the space on the edges of the 18 yard box towards the side line where the space per player thins out and maneuverability and speed is at a premium, get behind the line with the pass down the line, the square coming from the bottom of the box back to the center is difficult to defend and if you don't score the defender will, I see none of that space being used by our team in the attack."

Why yuh never just say that England is your favourite national side? We could have avoided all these arguments.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

lol....Hodgson mi say ...lol...Stoni yuh gi whey yuh football maturity , Stoni does Spain,France, Germany,Argentinia, Brazil ,Holland Mex even the USA have a midfield creator ? Where does england rank amongst its peers in europe.

Cant beat none of the top teams with midfield creators , none ! but dis bredda want wi run up and down haaarrrd.

Fact is teams play a holistic game to shut down the opposition, even spain with its dearth of creative midfielders shut down teams quickly , so this debate about either /or is nonsense .Only england plays that one dimensional game in the middle with no creativity and it cost them every majour tournament to flop.

Comment

Working...
                    X