Next step the Safp advantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next step the Safp advantage

I truly believe that we are missing out on more than a few things in the development of our players.

One thing I see when Spain plays that is amazing is the way the guys hold the ball so close and making the most intricate passes in very tight spaces, in what seems to be a simple manner, like as if there brain body reaction is so superior that they are playing at another level as they have been able to create an advantage in the receipt, holding and distribution of the ball that is uncanny.

I see something quite unusual in the reaction time of safp in the start of the 100, she seems consistently able to react faster and to translate that into an additional advantage by getting her body to also get into position and fire out of the blocks faster than the competition. Is her brain processing the starts hot faster and translating her start action a micro second faster than the competition or is this just pure luck.

Is there an advantage to be gained here. If we were to test our ballers on just a simple reaction time and execute a particular action, like say do a computer test with red, yellow and green lights and you must hit stop, go caution in reaction to the light, what would we find, are our guys consistently slower than Spain national players as that is an area that they use to evaluate players for selection into the national player stream from the teen years.

I think this is an area where significant advantage could be honed and speed and space advantage is gained by ability to execute transactions at a faster speed than your opponent.

Anybody see this as an are of competitive advantage, are the top countries already doing this or something like this, when I see messi and Ronaldo play they are executing multiple transactions at a speed which is unbelievable, the Spanish team consistently making plays in tight spaces which requires something more than just playing together a lot, but selectively winnowing the field of players for specific traits to create highly competitive advantages, combining that with raw speed, desire and youths that can absorb instructions easily without fighting is clearly an area where advantages could be gained for the long run.

Interested to know what you all think on this?

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    I truly believe that we are missing out on more than a few things in the development of our players.

One thing I see when Spain plays that is amazing is the way the guys hold the ball so close and making the most intricate passes in very tight spaces, in what seems to be a simple manner, like as if there brain body reaction is so superior that they are playing at another level as they have been able to create an advantage in the receipt, holding and distribution of the ball that is uncanny.

I see something quite unusual in the reaction time of safp in the start of the 100, she seems consistently able to react faster and to translate that into an additional advantage by getting her body to also get into position and fire out of the blocks faster than the competition. Is her brain processing the starts hot faster and translating her start action a micro second faster than the competition or is this just pure luck.

Is there an advantage to be gained here. If we were to test our ballers on just a simple reaction time and execute a particular action, like say do a computer test with red, yellow and green lights and you must hit stop, go caution in reaction to the light, what would we find, are our guys consistently slower than Spain national players as that is an area that they use to evaluate players for selection into the national player stream from the teen years.

I think this is an area where significant advantage could be honed and speed and space advantage is gained by ability to execute transactions at a faster speed than your opponent.

Anybody see this as an are of competitive advantage, are the top countries already doing this or something like this, when I see messi and Ronaldo play they are executing multiple transactions at a speed which is unbelievable, the Spanish team consistently making plays in tight spaces which requires something more than just playing together a lot, but selectively winnowing the field of players for specific traits to create highly competitive advantages, combining that with raw speed, desire and youths that can absorb instructions easily without fighting is clearly an area where advantages could be gained for the long run.

Interested to know what you all think on this?
    You are on to something!
    The brain has to be such that the technical skills - talking to the ball and having it do your will - are controlled as/at conditioned reflex level and the decision-making process is controlled by another part of the brain - conscious level.

Spain has full team where (each and every player) operates at the highest of technical skill level - subconscious level! A conditioned reflex level! The player...each player knows deep in the subconscious...no space for doubt...that taking to the ball and have it do as instructed is a given. So each player (and the ball ), does!

Once you are 'on song' you do not worry about the ball, it does as told...you (your computer - brain) on a conscious level is constantly surveying the field (as per chess) seeing the moves before you have actually received the ball. Leads to high percentage movement to advantageous positions - on attack and on defense -, "one-time passes", possession and wins!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It's the thought that counts

Stonigut;384455]I truly believe that we are missing out on more than a few things in the development of our players.

Spain has super players...but more importantly they play as one organism... like they are all receiving direction from the same brain

No luck or great hearing... but biomechanics and great training

Shelly is very short and so has a very low center of gravity and needs micro seconds less than her competitors to get her feet under her to move at speed...plus she clearly has very rapid foot turnover

Jamaicans already have foot speed generally so track type training is senseless

We need more speed of thought and superior "ball reading" for players to continually move into optimal spaces before the ball is released... players who do that may give the impression of being fast over the ground but it's the thought that counts

yes
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        Spain has super players...but more importantly they play as one organism... like they are all receiving direction from the same brain

yes
        Yup!

btw - Shelly
        Conditioned reflex- Reaction time: Gun fires! Brain proceses! Body moves! ...not just feet! Muscles up and down the entire length of the body! ...and release of hormones (endocrine system) that 'excites'/produces explosive movement! ..etc., etc! - This is T&F...

Can be transferred to football...remember in football it is the ball that rules...therefore who get to it first...
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Yup!

btw - Shelly
          Conditioned reflex- Reaction time: Gun fires! Brain proceses! Body moves! ...not just feet! Muscles up and down the entire length of the body! ...and release of hormones (endocrine system) that 'excites'/produces explosive movement! ..etc., etc! - This is T&F...

Can be transferred to football...remember in football it is the ball that rules...therefore who get to it first...
          Not really... Shelly often does not have the fastest reaction time...it just appears so.... because she's usually ahead by 5-10m when they're transitioning to the drive phase

That's the low center of gravity and rapid turnover...just look at the Olympic 100m final...she did not have the best reaction time but was ahead early

Reaction time is important but it's just part of the "start"

We're barking up the wrong tree if we're looking to track training for futbol... there's a reason nobody does that

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Hey hold on there don't jus fight it for fight it sake, is just something to look at. Reaction time alone don't tell the whole story as there is some luck involved in timing the starter as well but the combination of that as well as first to ten may tell us something. I have also noticed as well that she is probably the most comfortable extemporaneous speaker on the team, talking about almost anything comfortably integrating thought and speech simultaneously, if you have done public speaking which I know you have that is not easy to do, I believe that if we tested her reaction time we would find something pretty unusual and we can define that, look for it and integrate it into the screening process along with other things.

Comment

I like that Karl you have clearly been giving that some thought and backing it up with the most recent reading as well, nice!

Comment

over reliance on foot speed is a detriment. that is luton shelton's problem.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I am not arguing for the sake of arguing.. but based on the facts. No serious sprinter "times the starter" especially with the current rule...that's a recipe for disqualification. There's a standard (0.10 seconds) for the fastest POSSIBLE human reaction in sprints...if you go after the gun but before that mark...yuh done.

Shelly's (and all athletes) reaction time is tested EVERY time she runs competitively...and it's usually good but not out of this world... she tied Jeter for 3rd fastest reaction in the Oly 100m final

Even Mills knows that our ballers won't benefit from track coaching

Comment

agreed

Comment

Not really... Shelly often does not have the fastest reaction time...it just appears so.... because she's usually ahead by 5-10m when they're transitioning to the drive phase

That's the low center of gravity and rapid turnover...just look at the Olympic 100m final...she did not have the best reaction time but was ahead early

Reaction time is important but it's just part of the "start"

We're barking up the wrong tree if we're looking to track training for futbol... there's a reason nobody does that
                      What is track training?
                      I am thinking that same explosiveness - reaction time and quick turnover - is needed over the first few steps?

Aside: Never said, Shelly reacts quickest. Said a combination of quick reaction time and execution was her key!

Just like Kim Collins of St Christopher and Nevis!

Comment

Imho...We need to focus on learning the fundamentals of team ball ...we're way behind in that but way above average in speed/explosiveness.. so I don't see the necessity for that type of training

Comment

Imho...We need to focus on learning the fundamentals of team ball ...we're way behind in that but way above average in speed/explosiveness.. so I don't see the necessity for that type of training
                          ...now this is different and understandable. ...but you should maximize on use . Noted the comment on Shelton... over reliance on speed?
                          ...to the detriment of?

mmmm?
                          Do you believe if he were slower he would be a better passer or scorer at higher levels or better TEAMplayer?

Comment

Football is my game!
                            ...being in that 'on game' space?
                            Been there! Done that!

Comment

I believe there should be little relationship between his foot speed and his passing/goal scoring ...they're not mutually exclusive...but he could be using his speed as a crutch to paper over other aspects of his game

If he were a little slower but smarter re decision making...he probably would be a better player

Comment

Working...
                              X