My take on JA's football, seeing that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on JA's football, seeing that

everyone is skirting around the issue: One of the the fundamental prerequisites that should be instituted for all players in the national programme (except goalies) is a good first touch (this in turn will force clubs to make sure that all their players possess this quality. One of the weaknesses that plagues Jakan ball; is a poor football infrastructre. The Prof. saw this problem and went around it by creating a virtual club (thanks TK, I barrowing here) This club now travelled the world and gave huge exposure to the local players. The Prof. left and this was stopped (hence defeats from Panama, struggle with Haiti et al). Ja cannot afford to stop this model, the local players will always be the crux of the team (hey the Prof. still carried his virtual club abroad even though he had foreign based players) This site was in an uproar when the Prof. took the young fuller and Co. to Norway and lost. Other than Bora taking our youngsters to china when's the last time our local lads played abroad? The prof. showed us he can adapt to an environment; JA was the first (mainly because of money) to start basing games in Europe to ease travel etc. Now the S.Americans have adapted this policy fully. The Prof. has taught us many things (how to succeed at the highest level) but we aren't using them. We are behaving as if we are the Mexicos, US and other S.Americans with a top flight league to pick players. This is far from the truth, we need to look at ourselves and get back to learning the basics of the game.

RE: My take on JA's football, seeing that

Jawge I believe that some players naturally have a good first touch while others more often than not are let down by this. The good thing however, is that thisis an aspect of of the player's game that can be taught.

The problem I see thoughis that we are finding out these deficiencies when the player comes to the national level. As Mexxx often opined, we need great teachers. Reactingand honing the first touch is something which must be seen anddrilled at the junior/academy level so that by the time the player goes to playfor Jamaicathe little fundamentals will not be his downfall.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Based on Ja's circumstances, the only way

is to have clubs doing as you say at the junior level is for the JFF to put up a policy. Boss if you don't have good first touch forget about beating the bRasils, Args, Germanys and Italys. It's that simple. Just watch Brasil game and see when a ball is passed long or short; dead on arrival at the players feet, that means one mistake and goal (if a pass is collected in the 18).

Comment

Jawge how can one practise a good first touch on poor fields? Did you see the aprehension in the players when the ball was going to bounce in front of them as they didn't know which way it was going to bounce?

How expensive is it to put in a proper playing surface?

Is our mind Jawge its not first touch or skill its our mind thats holding us back. Prof Simoes saw that and so too does Bora. We don't believe in ourselves and our players and one of Simoes major accomplishment was getting the players them treated like men. Hell before the man could even leave the JFF couldn't help themselves and reverted to the slave master mentality(I guess its really ingrained in us uh?)

Jawge the facts back me up and mi nah beg this the prof was heartbroken because he never understood how deep the pyschological ills of slavery was and so he couldn't understand how even after he laid out the plans for us how we never got it.

To me Simoes wasn't the best tactician but thats my opinion still I don't understand why if he left a manifesto that wasn't used when Boxhill and dem run come take our manifesto off the board and run fi presidency. Wasn't Simoes Manifesto right there for them to use?

Now after 8 years they have gone back to the same plan. Again I say forget first touch we need Garvey as our minds are locked.

respect

Comment

Ras we have to learn to seperate the

mental aspect from the technical aspect of the game. Now a bad pitch doesn't hinder a good first touch, matter fact a good first touch is an advantage here. Notice how the Brasilians move the ball through the air at times without touching the ground (classic was their last minute goal via Romario against Mexico to). Prior to 98 WC when we beat Mexico (off pepe's header) I was was still impressed with the mexicans with their slick passing and excellent first touch (on our poor field at the time) Bottom line: First touch can be taught and must be incorporated in our football culture.

Now for the mental side: Yes I agree with you our boyz need to be treated as men. Whilst here the Prof. made sure they had everything, even had them on flaots with the beauty contestants. Today the subtle feedback I get is as if these young ladies are too good for our boyz (who we look to, when our national pride is on the line) You would think these beauty queens are beyond certain things but..... Anyway Ja should strive to rid itself of its slavery mentality, this is the only way we will move forward.

Comment

Mi see what you are talking about with the arial passes. I can agree with that and I think if we have a professional environment from a young age where we practise that then it will be come second nature.

It will have to be us who return to Jamaica(spotting an opportunity) and lead by example for the others to follow. Jawge what you see as easy they don't and so you can't tell them that they too can do it you have to show them. Only then will their minds be liberated

respect

Comment

That ois true but to liberate the

people's mind is no easy task. As in Plato's allegory; we say when ask to step out of the cave how bitter the occupants get even when told that the images on the wall were shadows and not reality, it made them worsen in anger. Presently Ja is still running on system from the 17th century; if you don't have certain surname then who are you to be even suggesting anything? Look at Tappa; his father never played for Ja, he never went to one of the "traditional" high schools, hence for all the great things he had done it's counted as nothing. You have to understand a system and once in place it becomes a mindset. People will act andnot even conscious that they are following the dictates of a system.

Comment

Working...
              X