No announcement yet.

Keep Hope Alive!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nowhere else to rest my head. I am with you brother!
    Go USA! Go Reggae Boyz!

Truth is USA could score 4 or 5. The gap is that wide!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      We not really lacking players who can get foul in are around the box. It is what we do with it. the goal that scored was Dane Richards penalty. Ryan draw the same foul and do the same thing Fuller would do.

We got 10 or more corners in a game.
      Johnson is the best of the bunch that are currently playing, but does not bring to the table the same skill sets as Fuller. Johnson will not command a double or triple team the way Fuller does and he does not have the same vision, first touch, or creativity. Johnson is more like King, but not as good with his first touch or goal scoring ability.

Comment

The only problem Karl, a team not known for scoring goals cannot rely on GD for anything. We dont score goals. I may even venture to say we don't know how to score goals.

Comment

The only problem Karl, a team not known for scoring goals cannot rely on GD for anything. We dont score goals. I may even venture to say we don't know how to score goals.
          And there is the reason for not calling Fuller back in hopes that he can fix our goal scoring problems. It is better we summon King as he is a goalscorer, despite his indiscipline.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            And there is the reason for not calling Fuller back in hopes that he can fix our goal scoring problems. It is better we summon King as he is a goalscorer, despite his indiscipline.
            The real question is why were these guys not in the squad instead of some other ruxes on the side. Our main strikers should have been Shelton, Johnson, Fuller, and King...King already served his suspension after that dubious violation.

Comment

True but if you have Dane and Mattocks in the game Johnson will get the space. Neither Fuller or King will fight like Johnson.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It seems as if Tappa does not want to bother with managing King. I agree with you now he has server his suspension, he should have been recalled. Also the youth Chris Humphries, Campbell-Rice should be in the setup.

I hope Mariappa will be fit for the AB match. I was impressed with his game in the matches I have seen him thus far.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  True but if you have Dane and Mattocks in the game Johnson will get the space. Neither Fuller or King will fight like Johnson.
                  Yes Johnson is our top fighter as a striker; that is one of the reasons he is so valuable. Dane is not an out and out striker. So for me, Dane is not in the discussion. Mattocks, from what I have seen, has the most potential of the up and comers.

Comment

Chris Humphries should be top priority in the group you mentioned.
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Come on stop worrying Jamaica will go to the HEX, USA 2-0 Guatemala and Jamaica 3-1 Antigua 1
                      Wadadah (peace & love)

Comment

My take - There were a few mis-steps along the way, but at this point we just have to perservere and keep hope alive. Our current financial situation forced us to draw for Tappa and stick with him as the coach. He has done a remarkable job given what he had to work with. He has his shortcomings as a tactical coach, but when I (one of his main detractors) take into consideration his task as a whole, I have to give him credit. Now some are saying that King and Fuller should be in the squad, but let's look at the facts. Marlon King has been given numerous chances to be a part of our journey and he seems to throw back each opportunity in our faces. He has a disciplinary problem and sometimes we just have to cut off the decaying body part so that it does not infect the rest of the body. The team right now is showing a certain level of commitment and comadrie that is reminiscent of pre-1998, despite the results. Fuller has not been playing consistently for his club all year and is not match fit. I can understand why he is not being called. The biggest mistake Tappa has made since this campaign is not call Jerry earlier. Only Tappa can answer that question. The forwards at his disposal have all been performing for their clubs, hence their call-up. A few months ago we were all happy as pigs in mud at the surplus of strikers we had at our disposal. We also have to bear in mind also of the limited quality practise games we've had all year. It is a very tough task and we have done well so far. All teams in the zone have performed well in their home games....as expected of them.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

good talk sah. I can't say I expected Antigua to be so good at home and then they let me down by not taking a point from Guatamala.

I can understand we all wanted Kemar Daley to come good but Tappa should have seen it at least 6 monts ago and drafted Hue. Jason Morrison and Watson maybe the two biggest letdown for me as I expected them to be better in some critical areas as defense splitting passes and some decent tackles.

You think this is the same board that was saying Mattocks fi stay a him club because we have enough strkers???? (have to throw one to your short ribs)
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

lol...I'll take the jibe
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

http://www.lagconfidential.com/2012/...al-third-round

Comment

Working...
                              X