Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Hope Alive!!

--Jesse Jackson:

Can't imagine myself saying the above--since I prefer EXPERIENCE over Hope.

But I think Jamaica will make it to the Hex:

Also, I can't imagine imagine the US (or Guatemala for that matter) playing for a draw. Winning is a habit as far as the USA is concerned.

Guatamala has over achieved. (The game Guatemala played against A&B should have been called off and replayed).

I am getting this feeling that they will fall at the finish. If the US scores first--Guatemala will panic and self-destruct; they should lose by 2 or more goals.

That leaves Jamaica to do what they have to do.

"That's all I have to say about that"
    --Forrest Gump
    Last edited by HL; October 13, 2012, 05:41 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

The USA will thrash Guat. That is not the issue. The question is, "Can we beat A&B convincingly?". I have my doubts.

Comment

We have scored 5 goals thus far, and 3 are from set plays. We can't hope to whip a team with penalties and free kicks. The law of averages is just not on our side. Sorry. Too late to bring back King and Fuller.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
        We have scored 5 goals thus far, and 3 are from set plays. We can't hope to whip a team with penalties and free kicks. The law of averages is just not on our side. Sorry. Too late to bring back King and Fuller.
        if we have to score 2 free kicks and penalties that that what it is....

with Hue and Austin taking free kicks, it can be done....

right now anyway wi can get GOALS, wi will tek them...

but with Hue pulling the strings in the middle we will create chances, unlike the previous games at the office...

NOTE.. the USA played awful against AB , and Klinsman will want a much better performance at HOME, so I feel they will step up their game in big way and score some goals...after all this Guat team aint nothing special....
        and YES, Jamaica aint special too, but I am from the BLACK, GREEN AND GOLD !!
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Normally I would do the calculation, but right now ... Let me know what's the margin of victory Jamaica needs to advance, if the USA beats Guatemala by 1-0.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
            Normally I would do the calculation, but right now ... Let me know what's the margin of victory Jamaica needs to advance, if the USA beats Guatemala by 1-0.
            WE will need 2 clear goals....

Comment

RD, I know you could like to see King and Fuller back. While I have no problem calling back King and he is an out and out goalscorer, I cannot say the same for Fuller. Fuller has not delivered many goals when he is in the national uniform. If we are to use past experience as a gauge of what we could expect from Fuller, I would not be as hopeful as you.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                WE will need 2 clear goals....
                correction...that should be 3 goals

Comment

You are right about him not scoring, but he causes enough disorganization of the opponent's defense that it creates opportunities for others to score, and he gets into the box where he draws fowls. These are key qualities that we needed, and I am afraid we squandered.

Comment

We not really lacking players who can get foul in are around the box. It is what we do with it. the goal that scored was Dane Richards penalty. Ryan draw the same foul and do the same thing Fuller would do.

We got 10 or more corners in a game.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

We need a clinical finisher, that is what we needed. Chances were created but were squandered.
                      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Yuh mean our best striker ever, at least in terms of goals scored, is not good enough?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Shelton is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Yuh mean our best striker ever, at least in terms of goals scored, is not good enough?!
                            need to look at the ratio of goals scored to chances...that is the true measurement of a quality striker

Comment

and against which teams!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X