RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What characterizes the creative midfielder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What characterizes the creative midfielder?

I keep hearing everybody talking bout this magical creature, like one day it will just pop up and there we have it a creative midfielder, the quest is on for finding this mythical creature.

What exactly are we looking for, will we know it when we see it. Are there any actual examples of this mythical Merlinesque creature who is able to create magical passes without working hard, without speed, just a real laid back kind of guy who is able to keep tacklers at bay by his sheer presence.

All the great midfielders I have ever known or seen had a combination of being hard workers, excellent center of gravity and lower body strength, high skill level, excellent speed and response with excellent vision, I still have not seen that mythical creature emerge out of Jamaica yet. However I will take the combination of hard worker, decent speed, great center of gravity, lower body strength, medium skill level with good vision. Anybody who don't like running and tackling need not apply.

[quote=Stonigut;383172]I keep hearing everybody talking bout this magical creature, like one day it will just pop up and there we have it a creative midfielder, the quest is on for finding this mythical creature.

What exactly are we looking for, will we know it when we see it. Are there any actual examples of this mythical Merlinesque creature who is able to create magical passes without working hard, without speed, just a real laid back kind of guy who is able to keep tacklers at bay by his sheer presence.
    Does not exist.

All the great creative midfielders I have ever known or seen had a combination of being hard workers, excellent center of gravity and lower body strength, high skill level, excellent speed and response with excellent vision.
    I have taken the liberty to insert creative...and suggest that they will the following attributes - hard workers, excellent vision, high level technical skills, excellent movement, excellent passing range and ability to consistently make the "killer pass".

Compared to top speed, strongest body strength - upper and lower body - they may or may not be blessed with ability that would as far as players go, put them in TOP OF THE WORLD category.

I still have not seen that mythical creature emerge out of Jamaica yet. - Creative midfielder?!
    I see you were not around to see "The Cherry"! ...also known as "Alan" or "Skill" or Alan Cole!

However I will take the combination of hard worker, decent speed, great center of gravity, lower body strength, medium skill level with good vision. Anybody who don't like running and tackling need not apply.
    I am in your corner! ...we had 2 players who were good creative midfielders - Theodore "Tappa" Whitmore and Peter "Dove" Marsden! I believe each had the quality that would fit easily in the current EPL.

I know Tappa never made it there! ...but it is my considered opinion that although he never made it there that if he had been given an opportunity he could have fitted in. ...same goes for "Dove".
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I guess you have never seen Skill or Dove Martsen. If these guys had been born in a proper football nation the world would still be talking about them right now.

Comment

Karl just saw your post...as good as Tappa was he was not in the same class with Dove and Skill.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
          I guess you have never seen Skill or Dove Martsen. If these guys had been born in a proper football nation the world would still be talking about them right now.
          Marston
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

To both Karl and Dread, yes I did have the privilege of seeing Skill but it was at the end of his days, at least one or two games at the stadium against some foreign team or the other. Did not see enough and certainly what I saw was very unusual, I remember him scoring a wicked goal off a corner or that is what it seemed like, memory is very faded.

I have never seen his stats, not sure how many goals he scored and certainly assists were not recorded back in the day. But skills wise he was the master.

Comment

Cherry ah di wi Valderamma dat, Dub Marshall pan di odah hand was like a who now, Zidane ah wouldah seh. Dat Santos team (ah did Santos it name dough ah kyaan membah) wid Him Painter not even know him right name, Dougie Bell an dem and di bes yard Goalie evah Mr Edwards, was one ah di bes premier league team mi evah behold.

Comment

Originally posted by myYout View Post
                Cherry ah di wi Valderamma dat, Dub Marshall pan di odah hand was like a who now, Zidane ah wouldah seh. Dat Santos team (ah did Santos it name dough ah kyaan membah) wid Him Painter not even know him right name, Dougie Bell an dem and di bes yard Goalie evah Mr Edwards, was one ah di bes premier league team mi evah behold.
                Can't understand what you are trying to say. If you saying Dougie Bell was a goal keeper you would be wrong. Dougie Bell was one of our best centre halves; Mapps kind of reminds me of him.

Comment

I think he is saying that Orville Edwards was the best Jamaican goalkeeper - "and di bes yard Goalie evah Mr Edwards,"

Comment

lol...my youth ..yuh grow dem time deh ? USAF....yuh good.

Dis forum a di best.My youth ow your coach call up Hue and im nuh tackle ,im juss learn fi tackle ,so im get call.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                    X