Results = Determination + hustle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results = Determination + hustle.

The more you learn about life and everything therein like football, you realize that what you put in is what you get out.

Here is a quote from Stewart Downing that just encapsulates the attitude of many of some our supposed best yard players. Not quite a perfect quote but the heart of it is looking at this guys production relative to what he is saying, he had zero goals and zero assists for last season. He is a football player, a professional football player and he is talking about tackling and running as something foreign, something which he is just way above that level of actually being out of breath, somebody please get this guy a golf cart or better yet an armchair and set it in the middle of the pitch so he can orchestrate the game from his immobile position showing all the bravery in not doing the things that are the most fundamental to football. I saw this youth play for Middlesbrough back in the day and he was actually really good, had 5 goals and 11 assists in 04-05 season for Middlesbrough, but seems his mind has tanked since, this youth had the potential to be England's foremost midfielder but this is anedda case where talent and hard work are not on equal footing in the players mind thus saying things like this and having nothing to back it up, total waste of time.

Here is Downing's take on things, while getting paid big money,this guy should be sacked.
    ‘Bravery is a lot of things,’ he said. ‘If you want tackling, running around bustling, that obviously is not my game. But bravery is also taking the ball when you are losing a game and creating things, which I try to do.

Sorry X I saw that in your piece and was just astonished that a guy like Downing could actually have that come out of his mouth and have no production to even back up that kind of waste of time talking.
    Last edited by Stonigut; October 7, 2012, 09:44 AM.

You miss the point again , if true do you berate the man as lazy publicly ? as a coach you have to be cognisant of certain facts , cost , value to trade, self esteem of player and players, attittudes of player and players , image of self ,club,player & players (coach) .

Who is next which player or staff member,why would any future player want to work in that enviroment .In other words dis bredda have shown himself to the world as being an amatuer.

Downing might be as you say not pulling his weight , but you have a 1000s other options to deal with it , talking down his 20 million dollar values isnt one of them , we have more than enough willing to do that for him ,X included.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I hope that everyone takes note of the senior players who bolted when this nut case came in, Maxi & Kuyt ran,Aquallani was forced out ,Carroll situation was a disgrace, now his eyes are set on Downing.

The players must be wondering who next.This barking impresses no one ,dis bredda nuh win a ting and a beat up im gum.

Being liverpool ...a fool !
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

who you think do more damage to Downing career in the last two years?

There must be a reason why he is not playing very well. You forget he is also one of those highly paid English players?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

X, I know I may have missed the point on the overall context of that situation, but my viewpoint is not focused on that at all, just the fact that I have followed his career somewhat since 2002 and to see how it has panned out after leaving mids, and then that specific quote on running , tackling and hustling just amazes me!!! As many of our top players and fans feel that is ok. Well just give me a team of Austin's and Ryan Johnson's and I am ok, hustle and pride is the whole game for me!

Comment

Trying to make sense of your equation.

Therefore: solving for Determination?
            Last edited by HL; October 7, 2012, 05:58 PM.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Haha good one, not a real equation, solving for excellent results. We have players that feel running, hustling and tackling are not a part of the game, however these are the guys that never get good results when they are given a chance on the bigger stage, thus saying things like what Downing said or what was said about Daley when he did not make it in the English third div, mid to bottom rank team, it was because they do too much running.

The equation is simple put in the work, hustle like every play is important, like Austin and run hard, you would be surprised with the result.

I saw the article the other day "bigging up" the new youth "wanka" I think his name is, we'll guess what his weakness is running and tackling and playing hard, well if that is the weakness it is going to be impossible to make it unless you are ridiculously skilled and we haven't produced anything close to real pure skill yet, unless you count Barnes.

Comment

Certainly did not do his cause well! ...and Rogers is correct on that he has a lazy TEAM. Even Saurez who last year always put in a 'good shift' is now 'turning it on and off' frequently during games. ...as to the former non-stop 'runner' Stevie G puts in not more than 60%!

The question is - what is causing this attitude?
                Players attitude? ...or... Manager's motivational skills in the tank?
                Last edited by Karl; October 8, 2012, 01:08 AM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

No matter what happen you can't justify zero goals and zero assists for a midfielder for a whole season especially getting paid like he is, no matter if is the worst manager in the world. At some point personal pride must kick in and you do the best you can.

Comment

Working...
                  X