Comments On the Onandi Lowe Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments On the Onandi Lowe Show

THIS LOWE BASHING is endemicin Jamaica , they curse him in one breath and praise him in another , the 2nd goal he scored was a goal.It wasnt a hand ball on his part .

How the Big man was fouled and the refuge of the ref was nonexistent , instead of commentating on the poor officiating i guess its easier to bash Lowe.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

RE: Comments On the Onandi Lowe Show

I think Peter Prendergast and Rohan Daley were overly excessive in their focus on the perceived propensity of Lowe to react to every foul. Good game nevertheless.

What was alarming however, was the sad fact that as a nation we hardly support football at the local level. Imagine on a a day when they had 2 games we could not find 5000 fans in the stand. If we had even 700 fans from each team and another 500or so from Harbour View that would have totalled a little above 3000 in the stands. But from what I saw there were hardly 1000 people at Compound. And yet we claim that we are afootball country!!

From the games I was impressed with a few players.

PORTMORE: Shaun Sawyers (G) Wolry Wolfe(M), Onadi Lowe (F) and Kevin Deer .

TIVOLI: Dwight Heron (D) and Chris Jackson (M).

BOYS TOWN: Denzil Watson (F) and Fabian Watkins (M)
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

How yuh rate the ref ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The customer is always right brethrin.

Let us ask ourselves and the customers what they want before we blame them. Let us ask the fans what will it take for them to come out to a NPL game before we say that we aren't a football country.

Are there proper parking and assigned seating at the games? IF a man or woman don't like Ganja smoke and don't want to subject their kids to weed smoke then can we blame them?t

What about theneed for proper facilities such as bathrooms at ALL our venues? Will our women feel comfortable going to a game knowing that if they need to use the restroom there is a proper one available?

What about time that people work? transportation and safety issue back into their communities? How many places by time it touch 6pm people gone in off the streets?

How many people have private transportation and what time public transportation stop run to certain places because of safety issues? Brethrin when I was growing up we had massive crowds for NPL games at Jarrett Park but we had to leave early at time to catch that last bus to Bickersteth or walk out to Herbert Morrison or even pass that to catch a bus coming in to Montego Bay or better yet "bum a ride" and you better know how fi hop in because the van man only a slow down and him nah stop.

HOw many women will put up with that? You know how hard it is to get public transportation after match a some places? if a man no have a ride going him nah go and its not that he doesn't want to go.

Even England and those places adjust the train schedules to take into consideration games. Everything and everyone have to be working together and until we get this crime thing under control it will be hard for any industry to flourish in Jamaica

respect

Comment

Yes Shatta, we are NOT a football country in terms of flocking to games.

I have been to El Salvador and Hodduras and some of their playing facilities cannot match-up to Compound. Yet, thousands pack the parks to see games. Tell me this: in the thousand of times you attended games in your lifetime, how many of those time did you seek out and used the restrooms?

I understand all that you said but Compound does offer a semblance of comfort to the attending fan. The way I look at it is that thousands will go to Sunsplash, Sting, a Bounty Killer Show or a Beenie Man show in parks or locations where not even seats are available. I'll bet you that if you put on a show with Bounty, Beenie and Ninja down at Compound the stadium would not be able to hold the crowd. And these are the same people who you just spoke about in your post.

Are we really ready to brand ourselves as a football nation?

X I had no problems with the refs in either game. In fact it i smy view that both games were ref'd excellently.
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Farmah (3/26/2007)Yes Shatta, we are NOT a football country in terms of flocking to games.

I have been to El Salvador and Hodduras and some of their playing facilities cannot match-up to Compound. Yet, thousands pack the parks to see games. Tell me this: in the thousand of times you attended games in your lifetime, how many of those time did you seek out and used the restrooms?

I understand all that you said but Compound does offer a semblance of comfort to the attending fan. The way I look at it is that thousands will go to Sunsplash, Sting, a Bounty Killer Show or a Beenie Man show in parks or locations where not even seats are available. I'll bet you that if you put on a show with Bounty, Beenie and Ninja down at Compound the stadium would not be able to hold the crowd. And these are the same people who you just spoke about in your post.

Are we really ready to brand ourselves as a football nation?

X I had no problems with the refs in either game. In fact it i smy view that both games were ref'd excellently.
            Is the T&T PROFESSIONAL league on international television? We not doing that badly, are we?

The numbers in the HVFC stadium last night would be more than in any T&T stadium for a month!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

X, stop the foolishness. I figured you would come with this. If it isn't a handball, he pushed
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I am going to tell you the problem with Jamaican refs , they promote a physical ignorant game and they play a part in the standard of the game.

Its easier to attack a player than a ref who condones brutality.You think its coincidence our defenders find it hard to adjust inforgein leagues?

Its not coincidence they make irrational stupid tackles in our danger zone giving away penalties and such , thats what the refs let them get away with at home , some might argue fear on the part of the refs.

I have seen it witnessed it and experienced it.

Comment

Mo, this is my take.

It was a welcome presentation; especially, for Jamaicans who do not get to see regular local games. I enjoyed the package and was proud ofhow Joel, Ali, Rohan and Peter did their broadcast of the product. The refs were excellent in my view and showed that they are among the top refs in CONCACAF. The on-field play was above what I expected. I'm not saying it was great football but it went higher than what I saw at games the last few times I visited.

My problem is with the crowd (or lack thereof). As we continue our foray into bradcasting our games to the international viewers I would hope that the coaches and players will strive to lift the standards, and that our attending public will feel the urge and see the need to support the games.

But yes, all in all I was glued to the TV and enjoyed every moment.

Comment

Working...
                  X