Terry banned for four games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry banned for four games

John Terry has been banned for four games after a Football Association commission found him guilty of using racist language towards QPR defender Anton Ferdinand during a match at Loftus Road in October.
    \

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...earing?cc=5901
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Only 4 games? This has to be a joke.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I am sure you read the piece by Paul Marin--commenting on the behavior of the fans during the Liverpool v. Man U game.

Racism, bigotry and other carnal acts are part of the european football system. The leadership (management) is not immune:
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        Only 4 games?
        Half the amount that Luis Suarez was banned for.
        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
          Half the amount that Luis Suarez was banned for.
          But the fine (£220k) was almost 6x what Suarez was charged.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            John Terry has been banned for four games after a Football Association commission found him guilty of using racist language towards QPR defender Anton Ferdinand during a match at Loftus Road in October.
            \

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...earing?cc=5901
            Is there a report published like the one they did for the innocent Saint Suarez?
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

my my my ..... how come zeppo overlook that in his commentary?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                my my my ..... how come zeppo overlook that in his commentary?
                True him nuh brite (fair, impartial and dispassionate) like me.
                Last edited by Paul Marin; September 27, 2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

whatEVERRRR ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

whatEVERRRR ....
                    LOL!! GWEY!!

Comment

Barristah - explain this to me...this is from the FA Rule Book...

In any proceedings before a Regulatory Commission, the Regulatory Commissionshall not
                      be obliged to follow the strict rules of evidence, may admit such evidence as it thinks fit and
                      accord such evidence such weight as it thinks appropriate in all the circumstances. Where
                      the subject matter of a complaint or matter before the Regulatory Commission has been
                      the subject of previous civil or criminal proceedings, the result of such proceedings and the
                      facts and matters upon which such result is based shall be presumed to be correct and the
                      facts presumed to be true
                      unless it is shown, by clear and convincing evidence, that this is
                      not the case.

How is it possible to have "clear and convincing evidence" refuting the court's findings unless it was new? If it was evidence that the court already saw (i.e. not new), does this mean that the FA can interpret prior evidence differently from the courts?

Comment

the standards. they can use the SAME evidence and come up with a different verdict because of the standard of proof. it might not make it to beyond a reasonable doubt but would be sufficient on a balance of the probabilities.

not it would not necessarily mean that itis interpreted. but if it is inconclusive on the BARD standard, it might be sufficient on the balance of probablities i.e. more likely than not standard.

Comment

the standards. they can use the SAME evidence and come up with a different verdict because of the standard of proof. it might not make it to beyond a reasonable doubt but would be sufficient on a balance of the probabilities.

not it would not necessarily mean that itis interpreted. but if it is inconclusive on the BARD standard, it might be sufficient on the balance of probablities i.e. more likely than not standard.
                          But they say they will accept the criminal courts findings UNLESS there is evidence not to. My question is, does that have to be new evidence? If you are saying that it can the the same evidence the court looked at, but interpreted under the BOP standard, then the passage is poorly worded AND introduces a whole different perspective on the fairness of their approach especially with regard to timing.

I am assuming they had the same evidence that the court had before the court case. So if that evidence was sufficient to charge him prior to the court case, why not do so immediately? If that evidence was INSUFFICIENT, then the evidence they are using either had to come during or after the court case.

My problem with all of this is not that I don't think Terry should be charged, it is the way the FA goes about it. Do you know any court in the world where there is a 99.5% conviction rate other than the FA? Something is wrong when you see that happening. The players can't all be that wrong.

Terry clearly used the words B-C, so I don't know why they didn't charge him immediately especially knowing that the court case would be using a different standard. I will read the report when they publish it.

Comment

it does not necessarily mean new evidence.

but if you look at the SAME evidence and apply a different standard then the result is different. an example is the criminal and civil trials involving OJ simpson and the rodney king policemen.

if they had found him guilty in the criminal courts, do you think the FA would have charged him?

Comment

Bwoy if me a go get stranded in a hot desert, I would want to be stuck with you. The way yuh relentless, me strongly believe you could wring water out a rock stone to rhatid. At least me would have a fighting chance for survival.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X