Andre Redwood: I've always wanted to play for Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Redwood: I've always wanted to play for Jamaica

This is what you call the right attitude(tup)

---

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>I've always wanted to play for Jamaica, says new Reggae Boy</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>Sean Williams
    Saturday, March 24, 2007
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=193 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>REDWOOD... I intend to play it simple, work hard, because that's what the coach likes</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Who is Andre Redwood?
    He's a little known player that national technical director Bora Milutinovic called up for Thursday's friendly against Switzerland at the Lockhart Stadium here.
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>To Redwood, a striker with the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF), it was a dream come true to be wearing the national colours.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"Over the years I've always wanted to play for Jamaica and since I've been with the squad, it's like I've been here all my life. I'm gelling well with the other players," said Redwood, who has served the army for six years.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He said Milutinovic spotted him at the KSAFA trials held in the Corporate Area.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I was spotted when coach Bora held some KSAFA trials. I saw it as an opportunity and worked hard in making an impression, and after the trial at Harbour View he (Bora) saw me and told me that he liked my off-the-ball movement and my team spirit," noted Redwood.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Powerfully built, the former St Andrew Technical student said back then he played as a defender, but was pushed up front when he joined the JDF - a top team in the KSAFA Super League.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The 26-year-old, who has five goals from 12 matches this season, said he is prepared to put his shoulder to the wheel to earn a place in the Reggae Boyz team.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I intend to play it simple, work hard, because that's what the coach likes. So if I can continue to do those things, then I may have a place in the side," he said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>And if he doesn't play against Switzerland, the soldier said he won't be discouraged.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"If I don't get to play against Switzerland, I wouldn't feel bad, and I would still give the team my full support," he added.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi
Working...
X