X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers will be sacked the 1st or 2nd week of December

Memba mi tell yuh.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by X View Post
    Memba mi tell yuh.
    X - what you need to realise is that FSG is working the team like a business. We are now like Arsenal without the cost of a big stadium so we don't need UCL football as much as they do. As I see it, the problem is not with Rodgers, it's with the owners and UEFA's unlikely enforcement of FFP.

As things stand, we can't compete with the endless funds available to Manchester Sissy, Chelscum, PSG or Real Madrid. Even Manu** realise this - why do you think the Glazer's are trying to sell them? It is a house of cards that can only be saved by the likes of Russian or Arab oil money. Yes,

Rodgers maybe the fall guy, but the team is playing far more attractive football and more purposeful football than we've played in years even with the most thread-bare squad we've had in as far as I can remember. When you look on our bench, you can only grimace. Imagine if Rodgers had Rafa's team using this system? Imagine if we had a finisher playing off Suarez? Things would be remarkably different. Still results matter.

I think that our season under Rodgers now starts tomorrow. He had a very difficult fixture list to start off the new season. We'll see where we are at Christmas but there is no denying we bossed the game today and lost only because of officiating stupidity (fueled by bribery maybe).
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Paul mi idren , a tink yuh erratic in yuh analysis of where we came from and where we are going.The team playing attarctive football and we are in a relegation fight ?

With the team he had , K.D & Rafa would have put on a better show than Rodgers, the only clown who could do worse is Hodgson.

Do you realise you have lambasted , Rafa as not being able to take us but so far because players lost faith in him, derided the quality of his singings (Lucas) etc and that was when we were winning trophies, to K.D who also had us winning trophies (mid table )yes but winning trophies we felt we were a player or two away from the big one (the prem), it seems you bought into the propoganda that we needed change and it would take us somewhere better ,that dedd wood needed to be torn out,well those that they brought in to tear out the dead wood have us fighting relegation(Rodgers & Hodgson) incidentally the legs they stand on is Rafas youth team.Sterling, Kelly, Susso,Shevley and no doubt you see them as not ready.

Boroni is a rucks of the highest order!This bredda Rodgers will have us playing beautifull football and pick up 6-0,this is way above his head, he has no tactical acumen about him , NONE our defence will forever weep goals with dis bredda.He will be a midtable manager at best.

You really dissapoint me with the statement of excuse , far more meaning full and purposefull in years ???? Liverpool played beautifull football under K.D we won a title and went to a cup final, the only thing missing was a striker we had the highest % of shots hitting the wood work,Rodgers lucky if dem even smell wood work,he flatters to decieve his his passing in the middle,before him we had the mad man Hodgson is that the years you are talking about that labelled Rafa pool dead wood ???? before him we had the master, who took time and built a team ,that won titles and challenged for trophies , managers and teams feared us to the point of contempt(fergie).Where are we now ?

Rafa youth team is our saviour and by the looks of it FSG is about to gut it.

After Rodgers then what ? FSG will have to answer and Rodgers is a fool in taking the job , he is no fall guy , he sold his striker! He has no defence (literally)

In truth like Hodgson ,Rodgers will take us at best to midtable playing attractive football in the (midfield).
      Last edited by Sir X; September 23, 2012, 06:25 PM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Liverpool, Arsenal get unjust results

Liverpool found justice off the field, if not yet on it.

On Sept. 12, the Hillsborough Independent Panel finally absolved the 96 Liverpool fans who were crushed in the 1989 Hillsborough Stadium stampede of blame in their own death, which had for more than two decades been pinned on them.

On Sunday, minutes before Liverpool’s first home game since the panel’s findings were released, the Anfield faithful sang a breathtakingly emotional rendition of club anthem You’ll Never Walk Alone while fans held up boards that formed mosaics saying “Truth” and “Justice”.

Yet in spite of playing better than it has all year and outmaneuvering old enemies Manchester United, the Reds lost 2-1. A few hours later, some 30 miles to the east, Arsenal, which overmatched incumbent champions Manchester City, had to settle for a 1-1 draw.

Such is soccer, the cruelest of sports.

This is a low-scoring sport, and the best team often doesn’t win. While in American sports, where making the most shots, hitting and pitching well, or putting together prolonged scoring drives, more or less guarantees you the W, this isn’t so in soccer. Every weekend, a team will have the majority of possession, take the bulk and the best of shots and generally outplay their opponents in every way — and then lose on a rogue goal scored on a breakaway. Or walk away with merely a tie, rewarding them with a single point, instead of three.

Liverpool, unimaginably looking for its first Barclays Premier League win of the season, looked sharp from the beginning on Sunday. It showed the possession and sharp movement their new manager, the young Brendan Rodgers, had been advocating. But however many fine attacks it crafted, the final pass emerging from the wings was invariably met by nobody, a real Liverpool striker resounding in his absence.

Liverpool was hamstrung when Jonjo Shelvey was sent off for a rash two-footed tackle in a clash with the equally rash and two-footed Jonny Evans in the 38th minute. Still, less than a minute after resuming the game with ten men in the second half, Liverpool captain and talisman Steven Gerrard, who lost his 10-year-old cousin in the Hillsborough disaster, chested down a ball in the middle of United’s box, and, left strangely unguarded, volleyed in the cathartic go-ahead goal.

NEVER WALK ALONE
        Get unprecedented insider access to Premier League side Liverpool FC.

Roused from its slumber, United took action. It never did wrest control of the game from Liverpool, but, anchored by the insertion of Paul Scholes, it did display the efficiency that’s made it twelve times champions in 20 years of Premier League play. That very efficiency has been lacking in Liverpool – they are zero times champions in 20 years of Premier League play.

In the 51st minute, right back Rafael set up and finished an attack by curling his shot into the far top corner from inside the box. In the 76th, Antonio Valencia eluded a double tackle at midfield, galloped into the box and was chopped down in the penalty area (or was he already losing his footing?) by Glen Johnson in an attempt to recover. Robin van Persie converted the penalty and handed Liverpool its third loss in five games.

Arsenal too snatched the initiative and control of both the ball from its opponent, taking the fight to tougher and heavier City.

Arsenal looked strong on the ball, inventive in the attack and swiveled deftly in transition, pinning City back for long stretches of the first half. A few god-awful touches by the iron-footed Gervinho prevented an early lead. Punishment for such brazen malpractice came in the 40th minute, when Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone missed his punch on a corner, leaving the ball for the soaring Joleon Lescott to head in. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, the sport’s resident grump, had every right to look as cranky as he did.

SPORTING SPIRIT
        Review the best images from week five of the Barclays Premier League.

Arsenal didn’t recover its self-belief, even if it remained superior and relegated City to counter-attacking, until the 81st minute, when Lescott headed away a corner in his own box but sent it straight into the feet of Gunner defender Laurent Koscielny, who smashed in the equalizer.

That was all Arsenal would get for its superiority though. It remained undefeated but had to make do with a single point for a third time. Like Liverpool, the Gunners weren’t rewarded for their temerity, falling prey to the inherent cruelty of soccer.

In both marquee games in this superest of Sundays, the best team didn’t win. Ho hum.

Such is soccer.
        "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

the final pass emerging from the wings was invariably met by nobody, a real Liverpool striker resounding in his absence.

That will be his memory...final pass.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
            Liverpool was hamstrung when Jonjo Shelvey was sent off for a rash two-footed tackle in a clash with the equally rash and two-footed Jonny Evans in the 38th minute.
            Two-footed tackle?!?! Which game did the writer watch?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Paul mi idren , a tink yuh erratic in yuh analysis of where we came from and where we are going.The team playing attarctive football and we are in a relegation fight ?

With the team he had , K.D & Rafa would have put on a better show than Rodgers, the only clown who could do worse is Hodgson.

Do you realise you have lambasted , Rafa as not being able to take us but so far because players lost faith in him, derided the quality of his singings (Lucas) etc and that was when we were winning trophies, to K.D who also had us winning trophies (mid table )yes but winning trophies we felt we were a player or two away from the big one (the prem), it seems you bought into the propoganda that we needed change and it would take us somewhere better ,that dedd wood needed to be torn out,well those that they brought in to tear out the dead wood have us fighting relegation(Rodgers & Hodgson) incidentally the legs they stand on is Rafas youth team.Sterling, Kelly, Susso,Shevley and no doubt you see them as not ready.

Boroni is a rucks of the highest order!This bredda Rodgers will have us playing beautifull football and pick up 6-0,this is way above his head, he has no tactical acumen about him , NONE our defence will forever weep goals with dis bredda.He will be a midtable manager at best.

You really dissapoint me with the statement of excuse , far more meaning full and purposefull in years ???? Liverpool played beautifull football under K.D we won a title and went to a cup final, the only thing missing was a striker we had the highest % of shots hitting the wood work,Rodgers lucky if dem even smell wood work,he flatters to decieve his his passing in the middle,before him we had the mad man Hodgson is that the years you are talking about that labelled Rafa pool dead wood ???? before him we had the master, who took time and built a team ,that won titles and challenged for trophies , managers and teams feared us to the point of contempt(fergie).Where are we now ?

Rafa youth team is our saviour and by the looks of it FSG is about to gut it.

After Rodgers then what ? FSG will have to answer and Rodgers is a fool in taking the job , he is no fall guy , he sold his striker! He has no defence (literally)

In truth like Hodgson ,Rodgers will take us at best to midtable playing attractive football in the (midfield).
              X - I think that the season after Alonso left to now we have been playing sh*tty football. Plain and simple. I am not giving Rodgers any more support than I would give any other manager and in fairness to Rafa, he had no money (like every other Reds manager except KD) so he was not able to take the side any further. The team now is playing a more attractive game and is more threatening but we are going nowhere without an ace finisher. Why we don't have one baffles me - is that Rodgers fault or FSG? I can't help thinking that it is FSG. Anyway, you need to remember that FSG don't care about top 4 this year - all they want is to get the books in order after KD's disastrous waste of the people dem money - I am sure you can agree that spending £80m the way he did was an abrogation of his fiduciary duty to the club. Anyway, I don't like to make rash judgment on managers and while you may be right that Rodgers is the wrong man, so far, I have no reason to feel that he is, especially knowing what he has to work with.

YNWA
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

K.D spent money well, 80 million pounds isnt anything compared to thre other top 5 clubs, even Arsenal start spending as for your belief that The team now is playing a more attractive game and is more threatening , Leaves me perplexed! They were just as good ,even better in some cases , having the highest % of hitting the wood work says it all under K.D , surely you dont compare him with the Master ? I will not support a manager unless he is worth it,Hodgson & Rodgers havent earned it in my book.The sooner we get him out the better,FSG needs pressure up their ass, to unviel their true intentions for the club, so far it looks shady.

Why are you absolving FSG & RODGERS ? now its FSG dont care about a top 4 ? after sacking K.D because he couldnt achieve their objective ! So now we must give Rodgers time to build when he states his objective is the prem ?....Errractttic !

So you blame K.D for blowing 80 million pounds to excuse (FSG & RODGERS ) ,knowing full well he had a decent team to work with and spent 25 million for Boroni & Allen ?...did we really need another midfielder with aquallani saying he wanted to stay , no but Rodgers the hypocryte pushed him out for his boy allen for 15 million , then Boroni ???? 10 million for a fluff of air (he has no presence ) at least Carroll by his presence alone would make the opposition reshuffle their defence.

The team Rodgers is trying to build cannot be built at liverpool, cannot ! Barca modell suits Barca , it has an enviroment that will give it time to do so, its virtually gauranteed a top 2 spot, even if it is rebuilding a team.Liverpool has to deal with a very ambitious top 6 and mid table clubs that will tear their hearts out to whip you , to justify that they had a good season even if they are being relegated.Our fans just wont tolerate it.

The team Rodgers inherited needed 3 players to really make a challenge, what we saw were players bolting, even coaches in the youth system, His philosophy is very questionable.

FSG are suspect in my eyes , they talk out of both sides of their mouths, they say they want top 4 but sabatoge it.If FSG cant spent 50 to 80 million a season in transfers they should not have bought the club,Man U, Chelsea, Man City,Arsenal, Spurs , do it every season , Newcastle does it every 2 seasons, furthermore it tells me midtable is the ambition.

You say the seaon starts now , well my friend I would argue it is over, what we are going to see is a grass roots protest for FSG to come clean and do right by the fans.

Comment

K.D spent money well, 80 million pounds isnt anything compared to thre other top 5 clubs, even Arsenal start spending as for your belief that The team now is playing a more attractive game and is more threatening , Leaves me perplexed! They were just as good ,even better in some cases , having the highest % of hitting the wood work says it all under K.D , surely you dont compare him with the Master ? I will not support a manager unless he is worth it,Hodgson & Rodgers havent earned it in my book.The sooner we get him out the better,FSG needs pressure up their ass, to unviel their true intentions for the club, so far it looks shady.
                  1. £80m - this is a ton of money for any team! KD wasted that money plain and simple - £20m for Downing, £35m for Carroll, £10m for Charlie Adam, £15m for Henderson - under any microscope - a RIDICULOUS AMOUNT for that level of substandard talent. Any argument to the contrary is out of step with reality. Carroll is the only one that I would keep, but I would never have bought him at £35m.

2. Attractive football - the team is doing far better than under KD to keep possession and create buildups. I argued with Dunny that Shelvey and Borini should not have started yesterday. I was proven correct. Shelvey is not ready for big games yet and Borini is still getting his EPL legs. He and Suarez are wasteful strikers. However, the team is moving the ball very well but lack the lethal edge needed in the box. Ironically, Carroll would have given us an edge in games like yesterday that could have made the difference. I don't know why Rodgers doesn't see that.

3. Rodgers vs. KD - X, I love and respect KD, but the team was too highly dependent on Gerrard. That is not the case now. The team is far more balanced and playing with a more open style. I agree though that they have to figure out the defence. And as for Rodgers, they should have beaten City and you and I both know that yesterday the official pocketed a tidy sum for that red card and penalty award. Those two games should have yeilded more points than they did - you and I both know it.

4. FSG - these guys are business men. To expect them to run it like the Etihad or Chelski is madness. They won't. They will not spend £80m a year and they will not care about UCL football until the KD expenditures are recooped. It is that simple. Trust them at your peril.

5. Barca football at Anfield - we have a difference of opinion on this one. The league is changing. It has to. The FA knows it, the teams know it, even Slurgie realises it. Chelsea certainly knows it. If the technical abilities of the Prem don't improve to meet the level shown by the top international and club sides, we are going to be left decaying with the dinosaurs. The game is now ALL about possession, but that ONLY WORKS with the right finishing talent. We simply don't have it. It is our number one problem.

6. Rodgers Signings/Aquaman & Carroll - You will get no argument from me on letting Aquilani and Carroll go. It makes no sense and we would be in the win column both against City and the scum had they been with us. If this is Rodgers, then he has put himself in a hole, but I suspect that FSG had some say in it. They are trying to cheat the game by keeping expenditures down and doing this thing on the cheap, which is why I am convinced they are not interested in table placement as much as they are in cost containment; they are making up revenues with deals with Chevrolet, Fox Soccer Channel and others, in other words, milking the brand. They will run it into the ground before this is all over if this continues. They are the ones to worry about, not Rodgers.

Comment

One word :Relegation.

Comment

Can't wait I am glad that you sold yuhself like a cheap $20 whore and jumped on the moneybags waggon. Every hero needs a villain and I need a team to hate. Paul, just do the dishonourable thing and just jump on to Sh!tty wagon from now. It's hard for me to generate enough hatred against Bricky and HL because they never hid the fact that they were willing to sell their soul to the highest bidder, but two ex-Losers makes winning sweeter.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The happiest man in the room,why am i not surprised, no doubt you on the Rodgers wagon to relegation.

Comment

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Talk to Pual, im di happy when Rafa get di boot, im muss over the hill with you now.

kissteeth.

Comment

Free yuh heart and mind idren. You did the right thing by filing the divorce papers early into the season. It's time you start romancing and hug up yuh new skettel. The young bwoys dem mek she look tyad and stretch out yessiday.

Comment

Working...
                              X