The critics of the FSW Red Stripe Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The critics of the FSW Red Stripe Cup

FSW has choosen to advertise Jamaican football to millions of fans in N.America, Central and the Carribbean, instead of applause , I am hearing disgust and some crying of feeling ashamed .

Of what ? you dont think FSW did a market analysis to gauge the consumer taste of the product before it is launched ?

IF FSW espanol can broadcast Honduran and El salvadorian league games , which cater to thier ethnic population why not brand Jamaica.

You dont think FSW know that they are selling BRAND jamaica, not just football but the people and the culture.

The product will grow , the stadiums will grow , the fans will grow , you dont think Jamacans will come out and support this venture knowing that clubs , players , fans , food man , penut man , jucy etc will have the chance of a life time to be part of something big?

Yes people it has started, In 2 yearstimeRed stripe/FSW Jamaica will renegotiate that deal in the millions for the benefit of Jamaicas football.

The more, money, exposure, advertising etc that goes into the JFF the more quality candidates will be attracted to run this entity.

Yes people Boxhill just signed himself out and Burrell and Co or those who have vision are linning up to get a hold of an attractive JFF seat.

THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

RE: The critics of the FSW Red Stripe Cup

X you make some excellent points and I agree fully with your post. My only issue was the quality of play I saw on the tv. That is what horrifed me. It was much worse then I expected. I had not watched an NPL game in over 3 years and to be honest I think I forgot how bad it was. When I watched it maybe I was expecting too much? That could of contributed to my shock. In either case you are spot on sir. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Why did you have to spoil such a brilliant post with that last paragraph iah? Do you really want to go back to Burrell?

Boxhill may not be moving at a speed to our liking but the guys' approach and vision is way ahead of Burrell's. Give the man a chance, when he took over the program was already dead.

Full time allwe stop modelling our footall administration after our failing politics.

Comment

I did say Burrell and CO and No I dont want to go back to Burrell more interested in the potential candidates.

But you must admit the competivness of Burrell (sabotage and all ) seems to be a driving force in Box hill to do something to show to his constituets that he is trying.

I might be harsh on Boxhill but trust me i am harsher on Burrell a million times , for the fact that Boxhill is a trying man .Burrell just gave up after WC 98 declared the program broke and sat on it as it was his own.

I would rather having a trying idiot , than an arrogant idiot any day.One wants to learn the other says I know it all and dont need to be taught.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Vodka (3/25/2007)

Boxhill may not be moving at a speed to our liking but the guys' approach and vision is way ahead of Burrell's.
          You must be Joking. Boxhil has no vision if you ask me. The man cant even negotiate a game for the Reggae Boyz...without either being invited to play by another country, or having third party groups arranging games for us. The panama game coming up is an initiative of Digicel, while the Switzerland game we played the other day, i doubt we were the one who organized the game...Switzerland came primarily to play Columbia. Our youth football is still in shambles, we all saw what happened with the under-20s recently.

Not sure what it is that Booxhill have done recently for you to like his "vision".
          President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Thanks for the clarification and some more good points. I guess Burrell just leave a bad impression on me after WC 98. I truly believe if Burrell wanted any good for Jamaican football he would have done it because at that time he had everything going for him.

I'm just hoping he never make it back into that office.

Comment

It better you give it a break star!

Comment

What games did we get under Burrell once our farin coaches left our shores? Thanks in advance.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X