No announcement yet.

X-odus, PR, Marin...Liverpoolites!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is exactly why yuh can't place higher than 6th or 7th in a nine-team league. Man all a join the league 3 weeks after you a beat yuh to rhatid. This is a marathon grasshopper.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
      Dunny - that is why it is called "fantasy league" - it makes all a unuh who don't know nuttin' bout ball feel unu is xpert. Look pon Jangle...where him is in your table? If is not dead last, then I arrest my case.

In this game, we need experience and skill. Putting Shelvey and Sterling on the pitch at the same time is asking for disaster, not unlike KD starting Spearing in the FA Cup final in May. Shelvey is is not ready for big games yet and still needs to work on his abilities as an attacking threat. He is okay defensively, but still not up to snuff in my mind; e.g. he came on in the 66' against Arsenal and they scored in the 67' - some form. Joke. It wasn't his fault. Anyway, the problem Liverpool is having is goal scoring. Yes, we are leaky at the back too, which is why you play a versatile player like Johnson as I have here as he is capable going both ways. And with Gerrard and Johnson on that side, the formation will cause the game to narrow, which is to our advantage.
      Glen Johnson playing central midfield? Paul don't make me laugh, what u think you a play fantasy football? If the players are good enough they are old enough.
      Shelvey should start based on the performances he has put in so far this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
        Glen Johnson playing central midfield? Paul don't make me laugh, what u think you a play fantasy football? If the players are good enough they are old enough.
        Shelvey should start based on the performances he has put in so far this season.
        Playing Shelvey would be a COLLOSSAL MISTAKE. He is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH to play in a game of this magnitude. If you go back to the Arsenal game, had Johnson been given cover to play higher up the park, the first goal would never have scored and we would have had a better chance of scoring first.

The *genius* in playing Johnson in the midfield is that he is given far more latitude to attack AND TRY TO SCORE and will also give Gerrard freedom to go into the attack with Suarez. Having Johnson shackled to the back 4 when we have attacking problems makes no sense with Kelley in the squad. Defensively, it will allow the back 4 to play more compactly knowing that GJ is in front of them; the wing backs don't need to press nearly as much and can play more compactly. Too advanced for you? Okay. No worries.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Hi Paul take the name Crouch out of it. Unnu give away a 10 goal+ a season man fi nothing at all. All now there is no replacement for that you can put depend on to give you that.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hey Dunny don't disgrace Fantasy Football. Paul just no have no sense......then again......I wouldn't mind the Empire playing his fantasy Loserfool side.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Hi Paul take the name Crouch out of it. Unnu give away a 10 goal+ a season man fi nothing at all. All now there is no replacement for that you can put depend on to give you that.
              No argument from me.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                Hey Dunny don't disgrace Fantasy Football. Paul just no have no sense......then again......I wouldn't mind the Empire playing his fantasy Loserfool side.
                "Paul...have no sense"? Hmmmm...coming from you...that is very troubling - NOT! LOL!!! Dat is like Slurgie calling Jesus a sinner. LOL!!!

Comment

Playing Shelvey would be a COLLOSSAL MISTAKE. He is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH to play in a game of this magnitude. If you go back to the Arsenal game, had Johnson been given cover to play higher up the park, the first goal would never have scored and we would have had a better chance of scoring first.

The *genius* in playing Johnson in the midfield is that he is given far more latitude to attack AND TRY TO SCORE and will also give Gerrard freedom to go into the attack with Suarez. Having Johnson shackled to the back 4 when we have attacking problems makes no sense with Kelley in the squad. Defensively, it will allow the back 4 to play more compactly knowing that GJ is in front of them; the wing backs don't need to press nearly as much and can play more compactly. Too advanced for you? Okay. No worries.
                  Liverpool just need to play the same team that they played with last weekend and they win the game. Just need to bring in Enrique at left back (if fit)!

Comment

Liverpool just need to play the same team that they played with last weekend and they win the game. Just need to bring in Enrique at left back (if fit)!
                    Disagree. They can't play the same team as last weekend. First of all, they are in a Europa tie on Thursday which gives the scum one day more rest than them plus we have to travel while they will be at home for their UCL game on Wed. This means that Liverpool's line up on Thursday will take other players into consideration like: Carragher, Henderson, Kelley, Assaidi, Downing and yes, Shelvey who may be asked to run the whole game. On Sunday, he can't start Shelvey over Sahin and if he has a brain in his head, he won't start Borini; I'd rather see my footbottom than Borini - he is one stroke short of useless (so far). He might actually be better off starting Downing over Borini, or even - dare I say (not sure if he's fit) - Joe Cole. I still say my line up would show real intent; it is in games like this that we really miss Lucas.

Comment

Disagree. They can't play the same team as last weekend. First of all, they are in a Europa tie on Thursday which gives the scum one day more rest than them plus we have to travel while they will be at home for their UCL game on Wed. This means that Liverpool's line up on Thursday will take other players into consideration like: Carragher, Henderson, Kelley, Assaidi, Downing and yes, Shelvey who may be asked to run the whole game. On Sunday, he can't start Shelvey over Sahin and if he has a brain in his head, he won't start Borini; I'd rather see my footbottom than Borini - he is one stroke short of useless (so far). He might actually be better off starting Downing over Borini, or even - dare I say (not sure if he's fit) - Joe Cole. I still say my line up would show real intent; it is in games like this that we really miss Lucas.
                      All the fringe players will play Thursday and the team will be more or less the same one that started against Sunderland. Sahin need a little more time to adapt to the pace of English football.

Comment

All the fringe players will play Thursday and the team will be more or less the same one that started against Sunderland. Sahin need a little more time to adapt to the pace of English football.
                        Yes, but we don't have a deep enough squad to field a team 100% full of second stringers. Who do we have that can play striker? Gerrard? Suarez? Borini? All of them are first string players so if you are right, Morgan will get the call. Now look at midfield. Which second stringer you gonna get to play there? He has to play Henderson, Shelvey, Downing and either Allen or Gerrard. The only place where we have any depth is the back 4 with Kelley, Carragher, Coates and (God help us) young Flanagan. We certainly don't have any depth anywhere else. We might also just see Yesil get his first team debut as striker but bringing in Yesil reminds me of Germany in WW-II having to recruit younger and younger to fill boots in a losing battle. What's next, we gonna put out academy players?

Whatever him do, him better realise the game sunday is the priority!

Comment

Yes, but we don't have a deep enough squad to field a team 100% full of second stringers. Who do we have that can play striker? Gerrard? Suarez? Borini? All of them are first string players so if you are right, Morgan will get the call. Now look at midfield. Which second stringer you gonna get to play there? He has to play Henderson, Shelvey, Downing and either Allen or Gerrard. The only place where we have any depth is the back 4 with Kelley, Carragher, Coates and (God help us) young Flanagan. We certainly don't have any depth anywhere else. We might also just see Yesil get his first team debut as striker but bringing in Yesil reminds me of Germany in WW-II having to recruit younger and younger to fill boots in a losing battle. What's next, we gonna put out academy players?

Whatever him do, him better realise the game sunday is the priority!
                          It's in our best interest! Rodgers admits Liverpool will play reserves in Europe

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
                          PUBLISHED: 18:35, 19 September 2012 | UPDATED: 18:50, 19 September 2012

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers admits he is trying to protect the club's Barclays Premier League season by fielding a virtual reserve side in Europe.
                          The Reds have had their worst start to a campaign in 100 years with just two points from their opening four matches and it does not get any easier with arch-rivals Manchester United heading to Anfield on Sunday.
                          As a result captain Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez, Jose Reina, Glen Johnson, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Joe Allen and Martin Kelly have all been left behind for Thursdays's Europa League clash with Swiss side Young Boys.

Guidance: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers and Fabio Borini during training

It means the likes of Samed Yesil, Suso, Andre Wisdom, Conor Coady, Adam Morgan, Jack Robinson and Dani Pacheco have all been included in the Europa League squad - which has an average age of just 21 and includes seven teenagers.
                          'I can understand why people would perceive us as not taking it seriously but I will always do what is in the best interests of the football club,' said Rodgers.
                          'There is no doubt the Premier League is our number one priority, I've made that clear from the off with the position with our squad.
                          'I look at Real Madrid v Manchester City last night and Samir Nasri came off with an injury but they have a massive squad who can accommodate that.
                          'If I lose some of my key players that can make it very difficult for us for the next two or three months.
                          'There were parts of the game against Arsenal (after their Europa League play-off last month) where we were a bit leggy so we have to make sure we are all firing for Sunday.
                          'No matter what the perception is I know in my own mind I've brought a team here which has a mixture of experience and talented young players.
                          'I am fully aware that when you pull on a Liverpool shirt you are expected to win the games so I've brought a team I believe can win the game.'

Chance: Rodgers says Nuri Sahin (right) needs games to get up to speed

Rodgers is effectively gambling with the Europa League in an attempt to safeguard Liverpool's league form, a decision brought about more out of necessity than design.
                          The Northern Irishman's summer recruitment was not extensive and so he does not have that many options and their difficult start to the season has compounded matters.
                          It means he is putting faith in the likes of players who have been in the youth and reserve set-up for a while without having forced themselves into the first team.
                          However, Rodgers remains confident they can do a job for him alongside the more senior players.
                          'You never actually know about young players until you actually put them in this situation but we have a good mixture as well,' he added.
                          'We have experienced international players and some very talented youngsters so I'm very much looking forward to the game.

Getting ready: Liverpool players train in the Stade de Suisse

'I've brought young players who I feel, from what I've seen in the early part of the season, can come in and contribute.'
                          While the youngsters are just looking for a chance to earn a longer stay in the squad Rodgers insists some of the more senior players can still stake a claim for Sunday's clash against United.
                          He accepts, however, it is more about keeping them sharp enough to be able to slot in when needed.
                          'Brad Jones will play tomorrow. He has been first class. He hasn't had a look in at all this season but he has come in and worked well,' he said.
                          'Guys like Jamie Carragher have been phenomenal. To see how he works and his passion to play for Liverpool is really encouraging and he is a great role model for players here.

Preparation: Brad Jones will start for Liverpool

High praise: Rodgers had only good things to say about Jamie Carragher

'They are going to be up to speed in terms of games as the Europa League gives them chance to play.
                          'Boys like Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing have all been working hard in training and they will get minutes under their belts so if they are required to play they will be up to speed.
                          'Nuri Sahin needs games to get up to speed and they all need to keep ticking over because they're important players.
                          'There is no question why they can't be involved at the weekend.
                          'The idea is for the squad to be small as it keeps players who are just on the outside the motivation that they still have an opportunity.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz26wmvPshK
                          Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comment

Actually, I don't think we will lose. But we may not win. The fact of the matter is that the boys upstairs have just as much to do with the teams rocky start as the manager or the players. Leaving the team with out a striker to replace Carroll is beyond incompetent and has left the manager with few options. If I were him, I'd play Gerrard up front with Suarez in a manager's preferred 4-3-3 formation against the scum. My line for 9.23.12:

----------------Reina
                            Kelley-----Skrtel---Agger----Enrique
                            ---Johnson-----Allen------Sahin
                            Gerrard------Suarez---------Sterling

AND YES! That's exactly where I would play Johnson but I could be persuaded to have him and Gerrard switch. After this game, it will be smoother sailing for my reds.

Agree with trying Johnson in that position. Think Rt midfield could be his best position. Allows him to get forward without so much defensive responsibilities. Could almost be anedda Bale.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              Waste of valuable tv-watching time. I wonder if they will continue showing the series come next April when Loserfool fighting off relegation.
                              There are only 6 episodes, so next April is not in the frame. And don't LIE! We all know seh you watch it!!

Comment

No - not Crouch. Although he was a good and reliable player for us in his time, now we need a younger more mobile player (although PC is as mobile as they get for a big man). My honest feeling is that there is a remarkable irony in the current set up at Liverpool without Carroll. The team finally has someone else besides Gerrard that can cross the ball into the box (Sterling) and the player we need to finish for us is on a physio bench at West Ham. Unfrikinbelievable. While this is counter-factual, I submit that had Carroll played against Arsenal (instead of wasteful Borini), we would have won that match. His size and presence would have created room for Sterling, Gerrard, and Suarez and would have been useful against the two center backs. Borini needs to be benched. Poor form. He will be useless against the bumscum...but...Rodgers will start him. I am tellng you my lineup would beat Manu**.
                                Borini must play!
                                ...just on movement along he contributes significantly to your TEAM's creating of chances....putting the opposition on the backfoot.

btw - Although we (my GUNNERS) won our game you were in it and if you had taken your chances it may have been GUNNERS

Suarez is not hitting the target as often as he should...
                                ...but who will bet against him not coming alive?
                                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                                X