WE WON....Hope Whitmore took notes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE WON....Hope Whitmore took notes.

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Good luck to the ‘Boyz in Guatemala, and I hope Whitmore has learned that using a strategy of “playing not to lose” [ ], especially how the group looked going into this game was not a smart one, plus he should know from his playing days that a defensive strategy does not work for Jamaica. It could have been worse for you and it could have put more pressure on the team going into Guatemala. Well, he has enough time to regroup and get the team ready, BUT as I said before the Reggaeboyz desperately need a creative midfielder, especially for that final group stage. Good luck and I hope you make it to the next round. [/FONT]

They changed the approach in the second half and that is actually when the USA scored.

Comment

yeh, but the goal was from a set play and mostly goal keeper's error.

Comment

They had 3 that came off the post in the 1st half,we cant play that defensive 11 behind the ball next round,we will pay the penalty,literally
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Exactly the point. The "wrong" approach 0-0
          The "right" approach 1-0.

Just the way football goes.

Comment

Jamaica was STILL playing a defensive game when the goal scored....the goal forced them to change their approach. From I have been watching Jamaica play (from '70s) they have been generally slow starters, so if you imploy a defensive approach it further hinders the team and keeps them backed up longer, and don't think about solely using the counter because you don't have the weapons to effectively execute it.

Comment

From the start of the half they were playing better in possession. Amplified once the USA scored because they started dropping back and some folks started getting a bit tentative (Boca telling Cameron to calm down.)

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                From the start of the half they were playing better in possession. Amplified once the USA scored because they started dropping back and some folks started getting a bit tentative (Boca telling Cameron to calm down.)
                I agree with USAF. The team can't play that deep as we have no one that I would consider a great counter attacking forward nor are there any among our midfield ranks that are technically proficient enough to make that strategy work (we give the ball away too much). Up front, who do we have? Shelton? For every shot Shelton takes on target 50 are off target. To execute a counter attacking game you need speed (have that), intelligence (hmmm...) and deadly finishing (don't have that).
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Congrats to you and thanks for the advice.

Comment

I understand the game plan but I dont like it. I dont think this U.S team is better than us when we play. I think we were too negative and played to their strengths more so by playing so deep and actually reducing our attacking threats which is speed down the flanks. I think that kind of concentrated defending takes time and work to get right but we are so poor in our individual defending that it becomes problematic in the group defending aspect. At times we did not have enough pressure on the ball to affect play so sitting deep really just took away our attacking instinct. I understand the game plan but i think if we played we beat an overrated U.S team.

Comment

Dane should have started in my opinon and Mattocks would have been a better option over cummings. We used 3 forwards and no attacking wing player. We can get away with that on small field but we need to stretch it on out on bigger fields.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

and dem seh di ball round!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

USA was in PANIC mode for the last 20 minutes of the game! not saying the boyz play was exemplary after they scored the US started to play more defensively because of what happened in jamaica ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

mattocks should have been introduced in the second half AFTER the goal

Comment

when the goal score three man start rush the american back line, thats when we started to look like we were in the game, do dat from the start instead a mek man sekkle inna dem riddim, cho man

Comment

Working...
                              X