Who screwed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who screwed up?

<DIV>'They are a very disciplined team,' Downswell said after the team reviewed tapes of Switzerland's games. 'They're good at set pieces, especially from corners and free kicks from the flanks because they are tall and they take advantage of that.'</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But the second goal was from a corner, taken by a Swiss who had acres around him.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>And btw, the 2 goals found their way through 3 salads. Go figure!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Who screwed up?

Maybe we need to be realistic. A local team couldn't beat St. Vincent. Swizerland ended the world cup without conceding a goal. Is like unuhwant di man dem walk pon water.

We (as a country) need to stop fooling ourselves about abundance of talent and start providing football clinics / camps all over the island so players can improve their game. In the long run this would benefit the national team at every level.

Last night while watching EPL preview, I learnt that Steve Finnan played from Non League football all the way to the top and I'm certain as a non leaguer .. nuff a who we hype up nuh as good.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (3/23/2007)Maybe we need to be realistic. A local team couldn't beat St. Vincent. Swizerland ended the world cup without conceding a goal. Is like unuhwant di man dem walk pon water.

We (as a country) need to stop fooling ourselves about abundance of talent and start providing football clinics / camps all over the island so players can improve their game. In the long run this would benefit the national team at every level.

Last night while watching EPL preview, I learnt that Steve Finnan played from Non League football all the way to the top and I'm certain as a non leaguer .. nuff a who we hype up nuh as good.
      I'm not asking for much. I wasn't expecting us to win. In fact, I expected a bigger scoreline. But is it too much to ask for a team that looks like it's improving from the sorry Lunar Cup performance? That should be very easy to do! Is it too much to ask for sensible play from our players? Is it too much to expect better basic skills? Is it too much to try and understand Bora's selection process?

I guess it is too much. Look how many tings mi expect inna di one game!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

while it would have been nice, we have step up the level of competiton from the lunar cup 3 fold and maybe that showed as well.

tell you the truth if we can find just a one or two shorty Malcolm like and a one o two Goodison the process will be worth it to add to the middle. When you oftenly get six love, skill player a the last on your mind, first you need some true grit.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What a strange result.

I could have sworn that Shatta was predicting a RBoyz win by 1 or 2 clear goals.

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

So no abundance of talent! A little talent, maybe?

Perhaps, you shall explain how with no abundance of talent...or, little talent...how providing football clinics/camps all over the island will get the no talent or little talent to improve to a level where good playing of the game will be the result?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X