Congratulations for the win, Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations for the win, Jamaica

Congrats to the Boyz for their well-earned win.

You guys won the midfield battle and that made all the difference. And then Klinsmann didn't help us much by fielding three defensive midfielders; we simply could not advance the ball up the field.

We scored very early before the Jamaican defense had time to settle, then both of JA's goals came from free kicks (Shelton's was lovely, by the way). Basically both teams showed solid defenses so clear chances were limited overall.

Here's to hoping we play better on Tuesday, and that Klinsi can actually bring himself to field an attacking midfielder.
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Zeppo tell HL say we coming for 3 points in the return game next week and there is nothing you guys can do to stop us taking them!!

Comment

Klinsmann better fix that lineup fast if he expects to attack.

Comment

Zeppo, you are a gentleman. Thanks.

Yes, the US gave up the midfield battle, or better put, Jamaica wrestled it from them. That was the major difference I think between the teams.

I am hoping to see similar thing in Columbus plus Jamaica using their speed to hit the US on the counter. We have speed to kill, we should utilize it.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
          Congrats to the Boyz for their well-earned win.

You guys won the midfield battle and that made all the difference. And then Klinsmann didn't help us much by fielding three defensive midfielders; we simply could not advance the ball up the field.

We scored very early before the Jamaican defense had time to settle, then both of JA's goals came from free kicks (Shelton's was lovely, by the way). Basically both teams showed solid defenses so clear chances were limited overall.

Here's to hoping we play better on Tuesday, and that Klinsi can actually bring himself to field an attacking midfielder.
          Zeppo - ya'll can't beat the boyz up the middle and you for sure can't beat them with out a playmaker...simple. The US is nothing without Donovan and Bradley. An' who tell klinsman that bekerman can play football? And lastly, in all of the US you want to tell me you can't find two decent wingers? Klinsman was also outclassed by Tappa. It will be an UPHILL battle to beat us on Tuesday...y'all might just be watching the next round from the couch.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

them think badman Jones woulda bad up our Rudi. LOL. Them nuh know Rudi a man of steel.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Jones bad up di Rifle wid Tatoo yuh mean, Rudi ah Pepe like nuh inna di smilin business pan Govt fiel jus serious ball business wid deal wid

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                Zeppo - ya'll can't beat the boyz up the middle and you for sure can't beat them with out a playmaker...simple. The US is nothing without Donovan and Bradley. An' who tell klinsman that bekerman can play football? And lastly, in all of the US you want to tell me you can't find two decent wingers? Klinsman was also outclassed by Tappa.
                This all comes down to Klinsmann. No doubt he made terrible choices in our midfield last night.

y'all might just be watching the next round from the couch.
                Sure, and so might y'all. Last I looked no team has advanced from our group yet. And keep in mind that two of your remaining three qualifiers are road games.
                "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                - Xavi

Comment

Our home game is against Antigua..

You need to now get on board the Reggaeboyz fan club and hope we beat Guatemala to ensure that yuh get through..

Comment

Working...
                  X