No announcement yet.

Darren Mattocks is a touch above..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Stoni, isn't it a part of the unpredictability a coach has when he presents his side that the opposition does not know what to expect from a player he has penciled into his lineup? Kavin Bryan is not a stranger to the Jamaica lineup. I can recall a match he played, I think it was against T&T where he opened the scoring for a Jamaica victory over T&T.

Why is the V-League a third tier league and MLS second tier? What metrics do you use to draw such a conclusion? Moreover, saying that "putting him on such a big stage when he has barely cemented his place in a regular pro club side in a 3rd tier league...", says nothing about the fact that he was one of the leagues leading scorers before he suffered a broken ankle which kept him out for months in the current season.

I like Omar Cummings, but I think Bryan can be an effective player as he has pace and skills which can help the team. Cummings too was coming off recent injury and maybe coach Tappa is trying to use his players based on what he sees in training.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Thanks Tilla!

I believe Bryan is a much better player than Cummings or even Johnson. That is my opinion, of course, but it is clearly Stoni's opinion as to what is a 3rd tier league.

And none of those players heads the ball better than Bryan. None!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
        His quality was immediately evident just by how he moves with the ball and his touch..

Di man oozes football skill..

A Man food juss get nyam.... move to the top of the class Mr. Mattocks !
        Sass you right bout this youth Mattocks, him look like the real deal!! MLS cant hold him.He will move to Europe before long.

Comment

How is that nonsense Mo, that is the most fundamental sense ever, I am not going to play Raheem sterling over Walcott on the English side now, even though I know that potentially sterling may be better over long run. Bottom line is sterling has not done anything as yet, so don't overexposed him in tough situations his time is coming. Bryan has not one anything yet, ummings is a whole mother level of experience than Bryan, simple Simon met a pieman reasoning can get any more straight than that.i understand your support of Bryan but logics rule first, he may turn out to be pele but I just won't to see some results first, if he fails at this top level, you know what happens he gets thrown on the trash heap forte next 3 to 5 years like we have seen of so many talented players over the years.

Comment

Tilla really straightforward stuff. V league is in a country that it's lowest FIFA rank ever is 84, right now it is 146. The v league has some foreigners in it but is mostly composed of Vietnamese players that are representative of the FIFA ranking. Mls is in a country that has made the world up many many times in a tougher conference than the Asian conference. Us players from mls are playing at better clubs in better leagues that vietnamese from the v league. Mls has foreign players that have played at the highest heights of football in te world. V Eugene is 3rd tier and mls is at the top of 2nd tier leagues from a fundamental standpoint. No emotion stuff just the straight stuff. Vietnam has never made WC finals.

Comment

I am just saying guys like Kevin have not earned the position of starting for the RBz, if coach and management things he should be there then good, bring him in as a sub and show us what u got giving him a chance to shine without overexposing him to failure by putting him on such a big stage when he has barely cemented his place in a regular pro club side in a 3rd tier league...
              Once I read that I did not have to read any more. Just not factual in the least!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good argument sah.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

What about playing Chamberlin over Walcott?
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Us players from mls are playing at better clubs in better leagues that vietnamese from the v league.
                    You let it sound that the few sprinkle of former stars who are in the twilight of their careers make the league better than say young players from, Africa, Argentina, Brazil etc, etc who may play in the V-League. Not that I am trying to take anything away from MLS, bit I think there is an inherent bias in your argument which I am not sure FIFA ranking can be used to justify. This is the same ranking which currently has England as the #3 team in the world. That should tell you that the ranking system is flawed.

Mls has foreign players that have played at the highest heights of football in te world.
                    Yes, a few teams have a few of these players, but not every team. Again, these players are well past their prime.

Vietnam has never made WC finals.
                    Hey, Haiti made it to the first World Cup some time ago. Does that mean they have better league than say a Vietnam or other countries who have not made it? Do you think Jamaican league is better than Vietnam's because we made to France 98?

Anyway, not to take anything away from MLS as they certainly are on the improve. I think I would consider them second tier league when they start attracting players before they file their papers for retirement. Bringing in a Henry or Beckham before they are past their prime and I will give them props. I love how some of our Jamaicans can find employment in the MLS however.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

It is not one particular thing or the other but in combination the facts are overwhelming, v league is not in the same class as mls, v league base quality of players is lower than Rspl base players, v league ave more money now, but it is unsustainable, the league itself relies on a main sponsor and while 10 k attendance average is great, the per capita income of the country does not really speak well to the sustainability of a pro league in the long run. Right now that league is under threat of splitting into two which will probably tear it apart.

Comment

Sass it is not even close Walcott any day,
                        Chamberlain 16 games in epl last season, six starts,two goals and one assist.
                        Walcott 32 starts 35 games 8 goals eight assists, please get me 3 of these for the Jamaican squad, they will start on my team.

Comment

All right sah, I give up on you! If it was track there is no way you would start dexter lee over ashmeade right now, same thing, but Cummings is far more accomplished than Bryan today than that example.

Comment

Good thing Roy Hodgson nuh see them stats deh. Brethren sometimes you have to go with youth over experience. You can't base this on experience or maybe Fuller, Ricketts, Stew Peas, Shavar etc. would be in the squad.

You remember when Rene Simoes picked a young Bibi Gardener over a seasoned Gregrory Messam? and the rest is history.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If Stonigut coach Jamaica we would pick up pure beating. LOL

A coach pick players who he feels fit his plans, not who fit him math. When Italy win in 2006 you know how much Serie A big scorer have to hold them corner because the coach pick a side that fit what he is trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                                All right sah, I give up on you! If it was track there is no way you would start dexter lee over ashmeade right now, same thing, but Cummings is far more accomplished than Bryan today than that example.
                                Profoundly wrong...apples vs oranges.. A profoundly false analogy

Track is an individual sport (except relays) with EVERY performance having a precise, scientific measurement..faster, higher, longer..there is no room for guessing or opinion..no or very limited room for the SUBJECTIVE

Football is totally different..it's a TEAM sport where to work well every part has a fluid job to do..so dynamic human interaction, chemistry, tactics...yes SUBJECTIVITY is absolutely key. The sum of the individual parts is often less than the whole...so individual performance statistics often are confounded by this dynamic and made irrelevant..to serve the team performance optimally

Think it through pls
                                Last edited by Don1; September 8, 2012, 05:56 PM.
                                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X