No announcement yet.

Darren Mattocks is a touch above..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until the time is right. I don't know when that is.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ryan Johnson kind of disappointed me at times last night...he saved his performance with his defensive intensity...i was calling for him to be removed in favour of Mattocks...

Comment

Ryan Johnson spent his evening winning headers, which he did quite a lot, since that was basically all he was getting. He messed up royally when he chose not to spring Luton Shelton on one fast break occasion. But I thought he did okay. If Mattocks was being fed those sorts of balls, he would not have looked too good either.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You know what happen when yuh force ripe something? It never come out as good as it should. He is in the side now, playing as a sub, let him earn the starting place, this is the problem we have too much switching up with no promotion based on execution.

I was one of the first to call for his inclusion however he still has maturity issues and needs to pay a little dues first. Same with Kevin Bryan etc how do we decide to play Kevin who has not earned his place at the table over Cummings, we must promote a more structured performance based approach to who plays and who comes on as a substitute.

Comment

Kavin Bryan has been a part of this time for a while. He was called on a couple occasions when he was playing half way across the world in Vietnam. If that is not a show of confidence in him, then I don't know what it is.

Fact is, Kavin looked a lot better than Darren in training, and was rightfully given the starting role. Possible that he may lose it at any point, but I don't think he played that badly for us to be calling for his head. Fact is, the service to our forwards was not that great, and when it was, the US did a good job locking down the lanes, or winning headers or making some great tackles.

Remember, Cummings has been missing for a few matches, I think due to injury.

So, let's settle down and talk from some facts.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Agreed

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I am not calling for his head at all, I am just saying guys like Kevin have not earned the position of starting for the RBz, if coach and management things he should be there then good, bring him in as a sub and show us what u got giving him a chance to shine without overexposing him to failure by putting him on such a big stage when he has barely cemented his place in a regular pro club side in a 3rd tier league and you have Cummings who is a top club player in a premier 2nd tier league? This way we really get to develop a more structured approach letting top guys get their chance at showing their wares and the lesser guys getting their shot without being called on to do too much when they are basically just trying to build Their reputation and Contribution level.

Comment

Yuh talking nonsense now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Fact is, the service to our forwards was not that great, and when it was, the US did a good job locking down the lanes, or winning headers or making some great tackles.

So, let's settle down and talk from some facts.
                    Fact?
                    Either the above is fumbling/blumbling explanation or just something that does not make sense!

When speaking on great service to our forwards, it cannot be
                    ...when it was, the US did a good job locking down the lanes, or winning headers or making some great tackles
                    ...i.e. the great service was non-existent...can it?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tappa picked the right side. Cummings is coming back from injury. He maybe in form but putting on Mattocks and Tappa the way he did can change games. Shelton and Ryan run full speed ahead but Cummings and Mattocks can move at speed in between defense and is a good punch to have off the bench. Honestly I don't know too much about Bryant but he didn't do himself any harm.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                        You know what happen when yuh force ripe something? It never come out as good as it should. He is in the side now, playing as a sub, let him earn the starting place, this is the problem we have too much switching up with no promotion based on execution.

I was one of the first to call for his inclusion however he still has maturity issues and needs to pay a little dues first. Same with Kevin Bryan etc how do we decide to play Kevin who has not earned his place at the table over Cummings, we must promote a more structured performance based approach to who plays and who comes on as a substitute.
                        Individual statistics are very useful in player evaluation and selection...BUT...

You continue to appear to ignore or devalue critical team issues of tactics and chemistry which are sometimes more important in who plays and when they play

In your world a nice computer algorithm having crunched and digested your stat bank could pick the "best team" and make appropriate changes during games

The real werl aint like that
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Thanks! Like it or not, football is not applied mathematics. That's not to say stats don't have any worth in the game. Just saying...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Maybe not the best wording.

The point, and the fact is, great service was rare. Service was not non-existent, however, and we should have done better at times. But the Americans did well also.

Hope that makes sense.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Don't really agree with you at there Stoni, If the coach feels that he can contribute more into this game, it nuh matter how new he is or where he plays put him in. A lot of things come into play there.

Tappa know Cumming contribution and when he is called he gonna come with a bang.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Unuh figet seh Dane Richards still deh bout.
                                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                                X