Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theo for sale!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-City-12m.html
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Arsenal could reportedly demand Edin Dzeko as part of any deal to take Theo Walcott to Manchester City.

Both City and Liverpool are keen on signing Walcott, who put both clubs on alert on Tuesday afternoon by rejecting a new contract which could pave the way for a £15million move away from Emirates Stadium before Friday's transfer deadline.

Arsenal insist negotiations with the 23-year-old are ongoing, but it is now widely believed that they will look to sell before the transfer window closes should a new deal not be agreed.

And according to Metro, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger could look to sign Dzeko should he lose yet another player to the Premier League champions.

Wenger has previously shown interest in the Bosnia international, whose future at the Etihad Stadium is uncertain as a result of him falling behind Sergio Aguero, Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez in the pecking order.

The forward has been linked with AC Milan, Bayern Munich, and Juventus during the summer transfer window.

Wenger has confirmed he is keen on bringing in a defender and a midfielder this week, but with Robin van Persie leaving the club earlier this month to join Manchester United, it is believed the Frenchman could also consider signing another forward.

The summer transfer window closes at 23:00 BST on Friday.

http://www.crunchsports.com/category...-201208290010/

Comment

Arsenal have been urged to sign Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe as a replacement for Robin van Persie by Gunners legend Ian Wright.

Arsenal have signed Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud this summer but earlier this month saw influential captain Van Persie join Premier League rivals in a £24million deal.

The two new recruits are yet to find the net as Arsenal have been held to goalless draws in their opening two games of the new league season.

And Wright believes Arsene Wenger should look to Arsenal's north London rivals for the perfect replacement for RVP.

"If I was Arsene Wenger, I would make an audacious bid for Defoe, whose face doesn’t seem to fit at Spurs and who looks up for a move," Wright told The Sun.

"Defoe would be the perfect replacement for Robin van Persie, the penalty box predator to finish off all those half-chances which are currently going begging.

"Two games and no goals show where Arsenal’s problems lie and there are few better finishers around than Jermain Defoe."

The former England forward also acknowledged that Giroud and Podolski will need time to settle to life in the Premier League and in London, but has warned his former club that they can not afford to make another poor start to the season.

"I’m sure Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud will get goals for the Gunners once they have picked up the pace of the Premier League," he added.

"But Arsenal cannot afford another dodgy start to a campaign after playing catch-up for all of last season."

Wenger has already confirmed he is looking to bring in another midfielder before Friday's transfer deadline, and Wright commented: "I could see Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye fitting in very nicely."

The summer transfer window closes at 23:00 BST on Friday.

http://www.crunchsports.com/category...-201208290010/

Comment

Just heard that Theo will stay at Arsenal for the VERY short term.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

We don't need him...come een like SWP...fast & wutliss...

Comment

hehee...but believe mi, i would prefer to see the back of Dzeko if it means taking Theo. I have seen Walcott do some wonderful things ....

Dzeko on the other hand--makes me wanna barf on Mosiah's shoes.

HL

Comment

Walcot would do fine at Man City. He only 1 in every 3 games.

Two years ago I said if Arsenal wanted to win they had to get rid of Walcott and Van Persie. That was the Van Persie that was injured because him and Walcott never gave full seasons without a long stretch on the sidelines. He suits Man City to get 20 minutes every now and then to use the speed but like Bricky I don't rate him that much. Him change a game now and then and is I don't rate him as a top player.

Defoe would be better for Arsenal.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Arsene need fi go now...enough...
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dzeko is a waste...lost us the game against Liverfool...take your damn chances you bug...

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                    Arsene need fi go now...enough...
                    I said that from 3 seasons ago. What's his name-- cuss mi aff fi say suh.....

HL

Comment

I would move heaven and earth to have him go! He isstanding in the way of GUNNERS progress.

-- Little heart = Poor TEAM!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                      X