Stub on Pepe Goodison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stub on Pepe Goodison

<TR><TD class=hp_topnews><H3>This guys is previewing Tranmere's next match and guess who he believes is the Player to watch? When a center back is picked as the player to watch you know he is a badman! - T.K.</H3><H3>Player to watch: Ian Goodison</H3></TD></TR><TR><TD class=hp_topnews nd="19">Yep it`s my preview so I get to be biased! My choice for away player to watch will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me. 6`1 central defender Ian "Pepe" Goodison is a Jamaica legend. Pepe made his international debut in 1996, against Guatemala and scored on his debut. He went on to captain Jamaica during the World Cup 1998 notably during the historic 2-1 victory over Japan on 26th June 1998. <P nd="20">Pepe has sadly hung up his international boots having made over 100 appearances for the Reggae Boyz, he is the best man-marker to have ever been in a Reggae Boyz squad. He may be slow but he is a strong tackler, with good positioning and a keen understanding of the game. He covers well for other defenders, and has made several crucial goal-line clearances and goal-saving tackles.<P nd="21">Pepe has made 36 appearances for Tranmere this season and has received 4 yellow cards.</TD></TR>
    No need to thank me forumites.

RE: Stub on Pepe Goodison

just ask dwight yorke!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

He covers well for other defenders
      Just ask Bibi. Although the noted site analyst mr Wallace insists that Bibi was a natural born international defender- I still say Pepe was playing both stopper and left back for about a year or so after Bibi took over from Messam on the national team.
      SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

di man is an analYST, everybody know seh pepe played 2 positions during that stretch, fro coach to front office!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You Gone to FFaarr!

Comment

Siya (3/22/2007)You Gone to FFaarr!
            Yu laff Siya but the Tranmere coach did say that when Goodison is on the field it is like having a another coach such is his level of leadership.

I wonder if Pepe would consider coaching in the UK when he retires? The JFF should have a covert meeting with him and see if that is something he might be interested in. Pepe is an investment worth making if he wants to get his FA Badges and assist a coach in England for a few years and maybe even coach his own clun team. In 10-15 years we could have alegit Jamaicanborn coach ready to take the helm!- T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Carl Browns last 3 year tenure as TDwas marred by an ineffective offside trap to complete his otherwise sensible flat back four, Claude for one,kept messing up the line by running back to shadow forwards who should have been left to receive the ball in the offside position.

It was actually Pepe that came in in Carls 2nd to last game in charge against Haiti in Miami and changed all that. Pepe Kept Claude And Stew Peas inline all game long- barking and pointing and keeping them calm -that in the end the Haitians only got close enough tomuster two shots on goal (two penalties).

Great understanding of modern tactics and the ability to lead men may say something about Pepe's potential as a coach but willcoach Pepestilltell the JFF orhis players to go s... dem m.... when dem get him bringle?

Comment

Working...
              X