• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how true this is...

Nani axed

Exclusive

NANI will be axed by Manchester United.

The Portuguese winger is going to pay a high price for his poor performance in Monday’s 1-0 defeat at Everton.
    Nani can also forget about a new contract — or being allowed to leave on the cheap.
    A United source said: “The club did not think his form at the end of last season put him in a very strong bargaining position over a new deal. Monday was hardly his best either.”
    Ashley Young is set to replace Nani for Saturday’s visit of Fulham.
    Nani, 25, has become frustrated at the collapse of talks over a new four-year deal.
    The United source added: “There was an intention to get him on a new four-year contract.
    “But initial demands from Nani’s side were way over the top. Right now United are happy to leave it until next summer unless his demands are dramatically dropped. But they won’t sell unless silly money comes in.”
    Nani has two years left on his £90,000-a-week deal but wants in excess of £130,000.
    Zenit St Petersburg are interested but United will not consider selling unless they get an offer of more than £25million.
    United last night confirmed Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez, 18, has been granted a work permit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...er-United.html
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
    Nani axed

Exclusive

NANI will be axed by Manchester United.

The Portuguese winger is going to pay a high price for his poor performance in Monday’s 1-0 defeat at Everton.
    Nani can also forget about a new contract — or being allowed to leave on the cheap.
    A United source said: “The club did not think his form at the end of last season put him in a very strong bargaining position over a new deal. Monday was hardly his best either.”
    Ashley Young is set to replace Nani for Saturday’s visit of Fulham.
    Nani, 25, has become frustrated at the collapse of talks over a new four-year deal.
    The United source added: “There was an intention to get him on a new four-year contract.
    “But initial demands from Nani’s side were way over the top. Right now United are happy to leave it until next summer unless his demands are dramatically dropped. But they won’t sell unless silly money comes in.”
    Nani has two years left on his £90,000-a-week deal but wants in excess of £130,000.
    Zenit St Petersburg are interested but United will not consider selling unless they get an offer of more than £25million.
    United last night confirmed Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez, 18, has been granted a work permit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...er-United.html
    I am of the view Nani is the BEST of the 3 wingers in the team. I think a MU blogger said it best, "Nani is like a box of chocolates..you never know what you are going to get"

The title is misleading though, Nani Axed is giving the impression he was released by the club.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I agree with you Mr. President. However, he has failed to live up to his immense potential with consistent high quality performances. I thought that after Ronaldo left, he would have stepped up, especially with his free kicks. I don't think he has put in enough individual practise sessions to hone his skills. People can say whatever they want about Ronnie's diva personality, but he put in the time to be considered the best. Nani seems to lack conviction. He is still one of my favourite players in the side though, but he can do much more.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        I am of the view Nani is the BEST of the 3 wingers in the team. I think a MU blogger said it best, "Nani is like a box of chocolates..you never know what you are going to get"

The title is misleading though, Nani Axed is giving the impression he was released by the club.
        How can you be "the best" if you are not consistent? It is all well and good to have the skill on the training ground, but if you can't bring it when push come to shove, what good is it? As for the title being misleading - what else do you expect from the Sun?
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Sigh ... gentlemen ... lets look at the numbers.

2011-2012
          Nani - 8 goals 10 assists
          Valencia - 4 goals 13 assists
          Young - 6 goals - 7 assists

2010-2011
          nani - 9 goals 14 assists (most assists that season).

Yes, he can be a frustrating player but he is certainly better than Young and unlike Valencia he can play on the left.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Sigh ... gentlemen ... lets look at the numbers.

2011-2012
            Nani - 8 goals 10 assists
            Valencia - 4 goals 13 assists
            Young - 6 goals - 7 assists

2010-2011
            nani - 9 goals 14 assists (most assists that season).

Yes, he can be a frustrating player but he is certainly better than Young and unlike Valencia he can play on the left.
            Berbatov had more goals last year than Wellbeck on a Games Played to Goals Scored ratio - does that make him better than Wellbeck? I suspect the manager (tief) had issues with is play beyond just the numbers.

I haven't looked at Nani's numbers in detail (i.e. what games he stepped up in) but I would guess he was not a big time performer compared to Valencia in the big games (but I might be wrong on that). Given the choice for their chosen position (i.e. right and left wing), would you take Nani over Valencia?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
              Berbatov had more goals last year than Wellbeck on a Games Played to Goals Scored ratio - does that make him better than Wellbeck? I suspect the manager (tief) had issues with is play beyond just the numbers.

I haven't looked at Nani's numbers in detail (i.e. what games he stepped up in) but I would guess he was not a big time performer compared to Valencia in the big games (but I might be wrong on that). Given the choice for their chosen position (i.e. right and left wing), would you take Nani over Valencia?
              Again ... Jangle and Westman might fling a slipper after me ... I think Berbatov is better than Wellbeck. However it is clear Fergie wants speed up front which goes against Berbatov. Fergie need to allow him to move on.

Well, we need one on the right and one on the left. So how about both?

Comment

Mr. President, again I agree with you. Berba IS better than Wellbeck. Unfortunately, his style of play doesn't match what SAF is trying to bring to the Empire. Berba slows up the play up front. Fergie is trying to move to a style where the players positions are interchangeable.

To answer PM, I think Nani plays better on the right side than on the left. However, I would still choose Valencia over him because of Valencia's effectiveness. The problem that I have with Valencia is that his play is predictable. He does not cut inside and does not shoot often enough. However,, even though he is predictable, defenders still find it hard to cope with him, so if it is not broken.....don't fix it.He is like Gareth Bale in his breakout season. Defenders knew what he was coming with but still could not stop him.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Mr. President, again I agree with you. Berba IS better than Wellbeck. Unfortunately, his style of play doesn't match what SAF is trying to bring to the Empire. Berba slows up the play up front. Fergie is trying to move to a style where the players positions are interchangeable.

To answer PM, I think Nani plays better on the right side than on the left. However, I would still choose Valencia over him because of Valencia's effectiveness. The problem that I have with Valencia is that his play is predictable. He does not cut inside and does not shoot often enough. However,, even though he is predictable, defenders still find it hard to cope with him, so if it is not broken.....don't fix it.He is like Gareth Bale in his breakout season. Defenders knew what he was coming with but still could not stop him.
                  If he doesn't shoot enough and plays too wide, then have him playing right back is the right move! Anyway, the issue of Nani is one that I think comes down to the manager's (tief) system. Nani is not disciplined enough or consistent enough for it to work. I think your team will end up playing 4-3-3 with rooney, rvp and kagawa infront of Young - Scholes/Carrick/Fletcher - Valencia and whatever back 4 unu settle on.

Comment

re:berbatov, fergie bought him not to have to play against him (spurs), same as saha (fulham) and i suspect rvp (gunners)

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Agreed
                      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

intersting...or maybe bought him to demonstrate the blowdryer on him.
                        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          re:berbatov, fergie bought him not to have to play against him (spurs), same as saha (fulham) and i suspect rvp (gunners)
                          Lets see, if your claim was true, why was Berbatov starting ahead of Tevez? If your claim is true,why did Saha's return to fitness was the end of Ruud's reign?

Comment

rotation

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                              rotation
                              more like gyration

Comment

Working...
                              X