• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Austin at legendary Leeds U!

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/201...y-over-wolves/

Austin Powers !

Comment

Hmmm, dem rate him defensive skills. Wait till him drop di bomber shots!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I hear that, but you know what I believe is that if Jamaica makes it beyond the ordinary expectation of fast speedy players with some skill, it will be that we are producing warrior style defenders that play at good clubs and consistently get results and together will be capable of putting up An impregnable defense, with excellent defenIllinois will really Give the opportunity to use the speed and skill on the counterattack. Austin playing defensive mid like a demon in front of four superior defenders will surely guarantee the hex and beyond.

Comment

One of our big problem with our defensive mid and wingbacks is they play discipline at their club but when they play for Jamaica everybody want to go forward and caught out of position. When they play for Jamaica everybody want to be Brazillian. Too many overlapping and out of position.

We need Mapp, Nugsby and Rudi to take the lead and settle the team down and play the defensive role and talk to their teammates.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Exactly, that is why brazil is always suspect on the counter attack and they just don't develop the same quality defensive players on defense equal to their attacking players offensive skills. Recent case in point baa versus mex in gold cup game, left back guy was suspect on a few occasions there leading to those ovals, also when brazil has those killer offensive teams like 1982 WC they were like open for the kill on the counter, when they play more regular fundamental ball they win the WC and people say it is "ugly ball"

Give me some real ugly ball if we can get to the second round, I have feeling our counter attack ball with an exceptionally stout defense with say Cummings shelton and mattocks Up top would be ridiculously hard to defend.

Comment

Do you think he still have that shot? I have not seen him used it in a while.
              I think Tappa should encourage him to take a couple of those shots on the frame each game. I think that would keep any opposing team honest when playing us.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I think he lost it for a while. Seen him took it and it flew over the top, high.

The game against Guatamala he hit the post from a pretty good distance.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Rudy Austin scored is first goal for leeds tonight, late run to the edge of the box and stroke it into the bottom corner. Good finish!

Comment

Leeds 3-0 Oxford.

Comment

Nice, good news and great start! Seems the Leeds massive think he has been a pretty good addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        Leeds 3-0 Oxford.
                        Austin shines in Leeds cruise

Jamaica international Rodolph Austin continued his impressive integration into English football with a goalscoring, all-action display for Leeds as they saw off Oxford 3-0 in the Capital One Cup second round.

The 27-year-old, who thanks to YouTube footage of his exploits for Norwegian club SK Brann was a terrace hero before he even arrived at Elland Road last month, opened the scoring with a vicious first-half drive and impressed all over the park as the Whites eased to victory.

Their second goal came from a wonderful close-range lob from teenager Sam Byram and their third from Tom Lees and, while Byram's goal will be remembered for longer, it was the performance of Austin that was the standout on the night.

A tough-tackling, free-shooting brute of a midfielder, he produced the best of his five performances for the club so far, breaking up play at will and bruising his way around the pitch as well as hitting the bar, as the League Two leaders found the step-up in class too much.

Quite whether Leeds' performance was worthy of being sound-tracked by a string of `oles' is questionable but manager Neil Warnock will just be glad to see a side sporting six changes from his weekend one make it through without incident in front of a crowd that included Olympic medalist and United fan Jonny Brownlee.

As a result of the changes, and Oxford's early eagerness, the visitors started the better, with debutant goalkeeper Jamie Ashdown doing well to smother at James Constable's feet after Sean Rigg's shot had been charged down.

Leeds rode that period out, though, and after Austin had tried his luck from distance, they rarely looked back, with the same player's opener confirming that his side were on top.

Having scored from the halfway line on his final appearance for Brann, Austin is no stranger to the goal and displayed that in the 26th minute as he drilled Aidy White's pass into the bottom corner from 20 yards.

Goalkeeper Ryan Clarke actually did well to get a hand on it - something he could not do to Byram's effort nine minutes later.

The rookie full-back, fresh from signing a three-year deal, ran at Sean McGinty and once in the box, from 10 yards out, stood up a chip that left Clarke backpedalling and grasping at the air.

It was all Leeds now and El-Hadji Diouf drew a smart near-post save out of Clarke after being played in by Andy Gray, although Oxford did test Ashdown - for what turned out to be the only time - after the restart when Constable fired in from inside the box.

The 18-yard line was barely in sight for Austin in the 55th minute when he wound up a drive from fully 40 yards that thumped the bar while Byram nearly scored a second when he volleyed just over after wonderful wing play from Diouf.

The Senegal international turned provider for Leeds' third with 16 minutes remaining too, floating in a ball that Lees headed in for his second of the season and it could have been more after that as White twice went close but the home side had done enough.
                        Last edited by Dunny; August 29, 2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/leeds-3-oxford-0/ Goals

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                            Leeds 3-0 Oxford.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI3WA_EDvrI

Comment

There is only one Beast.... but him can borrow it after dat shot...

Comment

Working...
                              X