Add the Jamaican Coat of Arms to National team uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add the Jamaican Coat of Arms to National team uniforms

I have been a member here for a couple years and I have found that although the opinions of members run the gamut they are nonetheless informed and sincere opinions (in most cases). Therefore I feel that this is the perfect venue to start the movement to replace the JFF logo on the chest of the Jamaican national team Jersey with our National Coat of Arms. I am not saying remove JFF logo completely, as unimaginative as it is, it could remain somewhere on the sleeve. Join me in this movement, our national motto "out of many one people" which is engraved in the coat of arms says more about our national identity than the JFF logo.

RE: Add the Jamaican Coat of Arms to National team uniforms

Edmundo I like your idea!

Let me throw in a little bit of psychology (Me 3:16).....With my youth teams thatI coach whenever we scrimmage another team I never have them wear their actual jerseys. I'll tell them to wear a white shirt or a red shirt depending on what the other team is wearing.

The reason I do this is that I want the players to understand consciously and subconsciously the added importance of actual games. You almost want a pavlov response for when they put on that jersey. It is like a horse being put into the starting gate. They knowits'on.

So in saying that here is my idea....What I would like to see is that the jersey with the JFF logo is used for friendlies. Then when we play FIFA sanctioned tournaments or qualifiers we put on the jersey with the Coat of Arms. I think that would really imprint in the player's minds that today is a day to perform. No excuses. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

I agree and while we're at it we should replace the fake National Anthem with Jamaica's "real" National Anthem, Shabba Ranks Love Punany Bad

Comment

Funny! Anyway ... that wouldn't be ideal would it? The anthem should have meaning to all Jamaicans. Women, men who are celebate and the homosexuals would be left out. After all .... dem nuh Jamaicans too?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Bricktop (3/21/2007)I agree and while we're at it we should replace the fake National Anthem with Jamaica's "real" National Anthem, Shabba Ranks Love Punany Bad
          :Laff:.....Bricktop yu nuh easy to rhatid....- T.K.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

<DIV>I don't think that should be necessary. The flag is already in the JFF logo. If you can't play for that will the Coat of Arms really help? </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>And yes, the JFF logo is quite boring! </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

damn it to hell... i was thinking that very same thing a few days ago... that jff logo is staight up whacked... although its not that important in the grand scheme of the program... we just need better administrators, coaches and players... if we had those key components playing and winning games we would not be thinking about logo... however your point is well taken...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Lazie (3/21/2007)Funny! Anyway ... that wouldn't be ideal would it? The anthem should have meaning to all Jamaicans. Women, men who are celebate and the homosexuals would be left out. After all .... dem nuh Jamaicans too?
                Well how I see it a woman should love her p*nany as it brings forth life and who cares if BEN J feels isolated?

Comment

Baddaz (3/21/2007)its not that important in the grand scheme of the program... we just need better administrators, coaches and players... if we had those key components playing and winning games we would not be thinking about logo...
                  Dead onBaddaz. I would prefer to see a jersey design where the coat of arms was faintly watermarked on the entire jersey, much like Mexico's for the 1998 world cup had their aztec symbols. The existing logo by the way is downright ugly, but I would prefer that we focus on putting a better product on the field and leave the cosmetics to Bricktop's disenfranchised effeminate "friends"
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I would prefer that we focus on putting a better product on the field and leave the cosmetics to Bricktop's disenfranchised effeminate "friends"
                    Funny fi true!
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Paul I am going to take that Idea and run with it and remind me to send you a cheque when the product hits the street

respect

Comment

The flag and the uniform is the same colors, black gold and green, the logo is the same colors so it doesn't really add anything new.

Comment

Respect T.K. you take it to another level. At this level of competition all the little details add up. That extra bit of motivation might make all the difference.

Comment

Working...
                          X