RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'98 ----->------> Look how far we've come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '98 ----->------> Look how far we've come?

With the FSC viewing we'll all be able to make informed judgement on each and everyone of the players in the national colours!

Aaaaaaaah, Mankine wish you were here! I can just hear you saying - Seit deh!...who a fight Boxhill now?

Still with all this...and, thankful I am for it! ...a likle bird seh...? :w00t:
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: '98 ----->------> Look how far we've come?

Karl did you see that Red Stripe Cup on FSC? It was the biggest piece ofgarbage I have ever seen. What sport were those guys playing?I have to say I was completely embarrassed by what I saw.I almost would rather watch a Red Bull game.....almost. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

The production could be a likkle betta, and the camera angles of on-field action was plain amateurish. Look at the quality of the fields(tdown)
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Karl (3/20/2007)With the FSC viewing we'll all be able to make informed judgement on each and everyone of the players in the national colours!
        It really doesn't matter what the bag of rumbelly, armchair coaches on this site think about the players picked by Bora. Just shut unnuh traps and watch di ride.

Comment

Bricktop (3/21/2007)
          Karl (3/20/2007)With the FSC viewing we'll all be able to make informed judgement on each and everyone of the players in the national colours!
          It really doesn't matter what the bag of rumbelly, armchair coaches on this site think about the players picked by Bora. Just shut unnuh traps and watch di ride.
          Haha.....Bricktop is it me or have you been in a war mood lately?

Seriously man it is a football forum. If we didn't all argue and debate who believe should be on the Reggae Boyz what fun would that be? Bora doesn't care what we think but it is still fun to bs one another and claim that we are the sole keeper of footballing truth. Stop being such a drag man. :P - T.K.

Comment

[quote]T.K. (3/21/2007)
            Ever since TILLA admitted that the reason for the board change was due to them selling out to non-existent advertisers I have had a bitter taste in my mouth

Comment

[quote]Bricktop (3/21/2007)
              T.K. (3/21/2007)
              Ever since TILLA admitted that the reason for the board change was due to them selling out to non-existent advertisers I have had a bitter taste in my mouth
              Well you fi get wid de times and stop being so miserable.The old forum was way better but so was my last girlfriend. You can't live inna de past! - T.K.

Comment

[/quote]Ever since TILLA admitted that the reason for the board change was due to them selling out to non-existent advertisers I have had a bitter taste in my mouth [/quote]

Bricktop go drink some sugar n wata. It will help get rid of that bitter taste(Tant)
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

T.K. (3/21/2007)Karl did you see that Red Stripe Cup on FSC? It was the biggest piece ofgarbage I have ever seen. What sport were those guys playing?I have to say I was completely embarrassed by what I saw.I almost would rather watch a Red Bull game.....almost. - T.K.
                  TK: I just now saw your post! ...and, you may be surprised ..but, I too was conflicted - proud that we were there (tup) and totally mortified that we could ever roll out such garbage! :w00tN)(tdown)

Let us hope all those concerned will quickly come up to speed. (Pray)(Clap)
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It was that bad??!?! Which game was that?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Was not a game. Was mixture of crap!

Comment

Mosiah - it was a highlight show summarizing the games that had been played in the lead up to the semi finals. From my point of view, if you watch this expecting to see the EPL, you are smoking dope. We have to take it for what it is.

What is worth debating however, is whether this kind of exposure could hurt or help our programme. I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand, the quality of football that wasdisplayed is totally unacceptable to me based on the talent that we know our country can produce. On the other hand, exposure may actually force us to see ourselves from the outside-in as the contrast between what we see on TV from Jamaica as compared to other countries will be STARK!! We can use that to our advantage, or we can ridicule ourselves.

My hope is that the footballing establishment in Jamaica will use the exposure to show our youth how far we have to go and get them to buckle down and focus on improvement.(Pray)
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I took the track that we have an opportunity to 'sell di football'. ...meaningnot only the product on the field, but the entire 'Jamaica's football'.

We expected the crappy play. We could not expect 'world class play' happening overnight...but, I may have not conveyed what I meant by identifying the telecast as "Not a game. Amixture of crap".

What I meant was the telecast was crap. The presentation was crap. We are presenting a product to the world's marketplace. That product is 'our football'. "Our football" is more than play in matches. It is the organisation....and, more. The information the commentators give. How they give that delivery of information. The appearance/the packaging of what we are offering. It is the appearance and it must present the offer of promised value. It must be something that can be willing bought. A product that creates a buzz and willfly off the shelves.

I know we could present 'our product' not only in a better light...but, in a far better light. Many were the things I sawwhich I thought where done without enough effort going into making it as right as we could. Frankly I was ****ed....and, embarassed. That was not our best....not the best we could do with and for 'our product'.

I do not think what was presented had any preplanning. Someone or group picked up a camera and said, 'mek wi guh dun suh an try a ting. Henny way hit guh, a suh!' There was no preview of the launch/mock launch that was looked at critically and needed corrections/improvements made.

I think if you are going to launch or re-launch a product you have sessions to arrive at consensus on type of packaging and presentation. You want to put something on the 'shelf' that customers/potential clients will 'run' to buy. No sah...(N) Yuh nuh jus saunta innah di shop winda and lick dun henny ole ting. What I saw was 'any ole ting'...and that in my book will not do.

Hey...we are Jamaicans and we always rise to the occasion. We only know how to do our best. For us there is no other way.

Comment

Working...
                          X