Davis to suit up for Boyz against Swiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis to suit up for Boyz against Swiss

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>Tuesday, March 20, 2007
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Tivoli Gardens' midfielder Fabian Davis has been recalled to the national senior football team for Thursday's friendly international against Switzerland at the Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, at 7:15 pm.<P class=StoryText align=justify>There were also recalls for Seba United's Keniel Moodie and Harbour View's Christopher Harvey, who last represented the Reggae Boyz at the U-23 level in the 2002 CAC games in El Salvador.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The Jamaica Defence Force's Andre Redwood earns his first call-up for the Jamaica (ranked 61 by FIFA) team as new technical director Bora Milutinovic continues his wide look at players performing in various leagues across the island.
    Sixteen members of the 20-man Lunar Cup squad have been retained for Thursday's friendly against the FIFA number 17th ranked Swiss team.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Shortly after the assignment in Florida, the Boyz will engage fellow CONCACAF outfit, Panama, inside the National Stadium next Monday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Squad: Richard McCallum, Allien Whittaker, Xavian Virgo, Oneil Smith, Jermaine Taylor, Christopher Harvey, Mario Harrison, Adrian Reid, Nicholy Finlayson, Demar Phillips, Mario Swaby, Fabian Davis,Donald Stewart, Lovel Palmer, Keneil Moodie, Donovan Davis, Fabian Taylor,Horace Howell, Andre Redwood, Kavin Bryan.
    The group will leave the island this morning at 9:20 and will return on Friday.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: Davis to suit up for Boyz against Swiss

<DIV>Let me be the first to say that I have no faith in the side chosen by Bora. Everyone is afraid to say anything because, well, there is only one "much-travelled coach who has taken 5 countries to the World Cup". </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Fabian Davis is not having a bad season for Tivoli and he still has a great kick. He is our own Beckham. Good to see age is not a big factor for Bora. I still don't believe Fowly Stewart of Harbour View can keep up with the pace of the game. If he struggles in the NPL then what about international matches against World Cup teams like Switzerland? </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Apparently, a few of the new call-ups did not impress and Bora just went back for the Lunar Cup team with a few new names. sigh</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I don't really care much about the final score in the Swiss game. I want the team to play much better than they did in the Lunar Cup. If I see that improvement, then Bora is doing his job. Of course, they still better try to win!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah et al, duh mi a beg youh, STOP SPREADING THIS MYTH THAT BORA HAS TAKEN 5 COUNTIRES TO THE WORLD CUP.

Bora has been head coach at 5 World Cups, but HE HAS NOT QUALIFIED ANY COUNTRY FOR THE WORLD CUP. We have an untried and inexperienced coach when it comes to the hustle and bustle of World Cup Qualification. When given the luxury of time and $$$ to prepare for a tournament, e.g., World Cup of Gold Cup, Bora can do the job. But a WCQ-skilled coach can prepare a team in two days, or four training sessions. Jamaica has paid $1M for a reputation and a skill set which is NOT what we need. We should hire Bora AFTER we have qualified for the WC, not before.

Check Bora's record of how many teams he had during WCQ games.

Comment

<DIV>Just quoting our media, Dweet!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Anyway, I appreciate your courage for calling the man untried and unproven. Our media won't dare because none wants to risk looking like a fool if he qualifies us for 2010.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo, could you list a few players locally that you think deserve a look.

Thanks.

Comment

<DIV>Just one name comes to mind right now and that is Tivoli's left-back, Iggy. What him name again? Oh, Chris Jackson, I believe.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I thought that Newton Sterling should have been called but he just left the other day for the USLeague.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I guess your real question is, if not Donald Stewart, who? Unfortunately, I don't know too many names unless they play for Harbour View, but I believe better exists in the league.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

DweetSweet (3/20/2007)Bora has been head coach at 5 World Cups, but HE HAS NOT QUALIFIED ANY COUNTRY FOR THE WORLD CUP.
              Hear dis one now. And when mi tell unnuh fi shut unnuh trap and watch di ride unnuh get vex. Engage yuh brain before yuh put mouth in there.

Comment

i logged on to ask u about the team... and saw u had already answered my question...

Let me be the first to say that I have no faith in the side chosen by Bora.

i think bora is on a search for some hidden gems... after he concludes his search, we cant say he didnt do due diligence... he has certainly casted a wide net... even in areas others fear to go fishing...

hope for the best for the team... i am developing faith in bora...

'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                X