Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kangaroo court nah ramp

Rio Ferdinand charged by FA for 'choc ice' tweet

Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association in relation to comments posted on Twitter.
    Ferdinand denied he was being racist after responding to a tweet describing Chelsea's Ashley Cole as a "choc ice".
    The term used relates to the black and white nature of the confectionery, and can imply someone is being black on the outside and white on the inside.
    Rio Ferdinand factfile

Born: 8 November 1978, Peckham.
    Clubs: West Ham, Bournemouth (loan), Leeds, Manchester United.
    Man Utd appearances: 398
    England caps: 81

Ferdinand, 33, has until 16:00 BST on 2 August to respond to the charge.
    A statement on the FA website read: "The allegation is that the player acted in a way which was improper and/or bought the game into disrepute by making comments which included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race."
    Chelsea and England left-back Cole appeared in court as a defence witness for team-mate John Terry, who was cleared of racially abusing Ferdinand's younger brother, Anton, in a game on 23 October last year.
    Terry has since been charged with improper conduct by the FA for the alleged comments he made to Anton Ferdinand, a charge he has vowed to contest.
    Terry, 31, is alleged to have used "abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour" in the 23 October match.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Rio Ferdinand charged by FA for 'choc ice' tweet

Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association in relation to comments posted on Twitter.
    Ferdinand denied he was being racist after responding to a tweet describing Chelsea's Ashley Cole as a "choc ice".
    The term used relates to the black and white nature of the confectionery, and can imply someone is being black on the outside and white on the inside.
    Rio Ferdinand factfile

Born: 8 November 1978, Peckham.
    Clubs: West Ham, Bournemouth (loan), Leeds, Manchester United.
    Man Utd appearances: 398
    England caps: 81

Ferdinand, 33, has until 16:00 BST on 2 August to respond to the charge.
    A statement on the FA website read: "The allegation is that the player acted in a way which was improper and/or bought the game into disrepute by making comments which included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race."
    Chelsea and England left-back Cole appeared in court as a defence witness for team-mate John Terry, who was cleared of racially abusing Ferdinand's younger brother, Anton, in a game on 23 October last year.
    Terry has since been charged with improper conduct by the FA for the alleged comments he made to Anton Ferdinand, a charge he has vowed to contest.
    Terry, 31, is alleged to have used "abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour" in the 23 October match.
    At least they are consistent. Ah wanda if this gwine cause Slurgie him job?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Well nuh after all the cussing you give them? Maybe sombody finally serious about removing racism from football. Gwaan FA.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Well nuh after all the cussing you give them? Maybe sombody finally serious about removing racism from football. Gwaan FA.
        Cussing? Dem lucky dem neva buck me up face-to-face by Halfway Tree clock!!! Me oodan cus dem like dem name tief!!!
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
        X