Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Mattocks

Magic Mattocks

It was January 2010 when University of Akron head coach Caleb Porter found himself in the bleachers at a soccer game in a dangerous part of Kingston, Jamaica.

He'd heard about a speedy local striker who could replace the MLS SuperDraft-bound Teal Bunbury. Soon after the game began, Darren Mattocks, a star forward for the U-21s of local professional club Waterhouse FC and one of the highest-scoring youth players in the Caribbean, received the ball in the middle of the field and peeled off a 50-yard run that, while not resulting in a goal, told Porter all he needed to know.

"It took me about five minutes to realize he was special," recalled Porter. "He was electric, ran like a deer and when he got on the ball he was very technical as well. I knew he would take off."

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Hmmm wonder if mattocks is being ear marked or fast tracked for ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I hope some European club come calling by the end of the season. The attention he is getting in the MLS right now is a lot. The media is all over him, developing cultlike fans and player watching for him. A defender foul him twice within 2 minutes to be sent off this weekend.

Only hope he can take it in strides.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

taking it in one stride is sufficient
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

So Mattocks is Jamaica's first Generation Adidas player.

Comment

canadian citizen? not yet?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X