Sportsmax, JFF ink deal for home games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsmax, JFF ink deal for home games

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Sportsmax, JFF ink deal for home games</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>DANIA BOGLE, Observer staff reporter
    Friday, March 16, 2007
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=350 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>JFF president Crenston Boxhill (centre) signs on the dotted line of a reported six-figure deal with Sportsmax as CVM Group President &amp; CEO David McBean (left) and Sportsmax president Oliver McIntosh look on. (Photo: Lionel Rookwood)</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>THE Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) and SportsMax yesterday inked a multimillion dollar four-year deal which will give the latter exclusive local and international broadcast rights for all Reggae Boyz international matches beginning with the friendly against Panama at the National Stadium on March 26.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The signing by JFF president Crenston Boxhill, SportsMax and local television station CVM-TV took place at the JFF's headquarters in New Kingston.<P class=StoryText align=justify>International Media Content (IMC) Ltd, the parent company of SportsMax - the Caribbean's only 24-hour sports cable channel - also entered into an agreement with CVM-TV for shared broadcast of Jamaica's matches through 2010.
    The deal will include approximately 24 matches over a four-year period, with an option for the World Cup Qualifiers for the 2010 FIFA World Cup played in Jamaica.<P class=StoryText align=justify>It means all television rights related to the broadcast of Reggae Boyz international friendly home matches, including live, delayed and repeat television broadcast, internet broadband or videotaped coverage, film or any other audivisual transmission has been secured by IMC.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Television coverage of matches will be shown locally on CVM-TV and Fox Soccer Channel regionally in 19 Caribbean countries on SportsMax, as well as in the USA and Canada.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The parties, however, opted not to disclose the sum involved.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We'd rather not comment on the amount, but... it's more than has been spent on Reggae Boyz football," said SportsMax president Oliver McIntosh.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Observer sources indicate that the deal is worth approximately $US 1million. The first match to be broadcast as part of the deal - the international friendly between Jamaica and Panama in 10 days, will be broadcast live in the United States but delayed on both SportsMax and CVM.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Boxhill said matches to be broadcast locally, live or delayed, will be assessed on a match-by-match basis and would likely depend on ticket sales.<P class=StoryText align=justify>SportsMax recently signed a deal with the JFF for coverage of the Red Stripe Champions Cup in the Caribbean and North America, as well as a deal with JD International, to be host broadcasters in the Caribbean for FIFA World Cup Properties through 2014, including the 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cups.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

RE: Sportsmax, JFF ink deal for home games

This current administration does not enjoy the confidence of the key stakeholders in Jamaican football. Bringing about the necessary changes will require the participation of all Jamaicans. This can only be secured in an atmosphere of trust. The low level of public trust invested in the present administration makes it ill equipped to fulfill this mandate...

...What is different is that our administration will bring about the necessary levels of accountability and transparency to prevent potential benefactors from referring derisively to the JFF as “The Black Hole of New Kingston.”

Investment is a function of confidence currently in short supply at the JFF. No one is accusing the current administration of any wrongdoing. Yet in the absence of transparency people are likely to reach strange conclusions. Trust, once lost is hardly ever recovered. It is futile putting new wine into old wineskin. We need a fresh start.

- "The New Game Plan"

Boxhill's manifesto, 2003
    ---

Why the secret deals? ...building confidence?

Elsewhere in the Boxhill manifestoreference is made to:

...our philosophy of being transparent...
    ...instep with our efforts to introduce greater levels of transparency to the operations of the JFF.
    mmmmm?????? <P class=MsoNormal>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The first match to be broadcast as part of the deal - the international friendly between Jamaica and Panama in 10 days, will be broadcast live in the United States but delayed on both SportsMax and CVM.
      Where?

Comment

<DIV>Really now, Karl, how much do they pay you?!?

Both parties agreed not to disclose the amount. There could be a million goodreasons why they did that. Try and come up with just one!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I hope your vigilance does not wane when your employer regains office.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I would guess the match would be on FSC.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Mosiah (3/16/2007)<DIV>Really now, Karl, how much do they pay you?!?

Both parties agreed not to disclose the amount. There could be a million goodreasons why they did that. Try and come up with just one!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I hope your vigilance does not wane when your employer regains office.</DIV>
            Mosiah: I do not go as the wind blows? Have you thought that your current anti-Burrell stance notwithstanding your

Both parties agreed not to disclose the amount

would also apply to what went on during the Burrell years? ...and, we would not have that would we?

Is not that type of behaviour that which led you to then and leads you to now scream of
            "Burrell a tief"
            ?

Well?

I think it was during Burrell's administration -

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/views.as...all&amp;id=136

I am consistent...right?

Massa right does not 'jump around' to suit who you like! ...certainly not for me. If it was wrong during Burrell's regime, it is wrong during Boxhill's regime! Now you on the other hand...move as the wind blows you???

"...how much do they pay you?" !? Indeed?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<DIV>The difference Karl is, in the Burrell years almost everything was secret. That cannot be said about the current administration. Even you can see that.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But again, answer this, can you see why it might make sense for them not to disclose the amount? Try and answer this one question for me, please, before you carry on with your exhaustive and tiresome posts.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (3/16/2007)<DIV>The difference Karl is, in the Burrell years almost everything was secret. That cannot be said about the current administration. Even you can see that.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>
                </DIV>

When it involves money and you make comparisons with Burrell's administration the similarityis uncanny.

Where the 'money issue' is concerned you are a joker!

Burrell - No accounting of deals on matches.

Gate receipts did not tally with public 'view' numbers in the stands?

Pronouncements on losses at the gates!

Expenditures - No breakdown on those.

Nothing we could get our teeth in...made sense to us!

Boxhill -No accounting of deals on matches.

Gate receipts did not tally with public 'view' numbers in the stands?

Pronouncements on losses at the gates!

Expenditures - No breakdown on those.

Nothing we could get our teeth in...made sense to us!

Conclusion: Seems similar to me!

You see, Burrell "a tief" - Boxhill "white as snow"!

Comment

Karl &amp; Mosiah. You guys fit into the perfect pattern adapted by the JFF and the Jamaican political parties.

Election is near.Effect work plans now and the populace willensure victory.

Comment

Nice to see Boxhill sign a deal to even better to see 2 very good friends of mine doing it with them. Both Oliver and David have done extremly well in their careers as media heads, both are very bright men.

Very proud of them.

btw David is a Cornwall man but I dont hold that against him.

Comment

Jamaica2099 (3/16/2007)Karl &amp; Mosiah. You guys fit into the perfect pattern adapted by the JFF and the Jamaican political parties.

Firstly: I agree with you about thetopic mirroring a political discussion...but, I do not follow the JLP/PNP apologists line.

Secondly: I look at the facts on both sides and call a spade a spade. In my outlook a spade does not become a diamond if I am looking at 'my candidate'.Cannot say the same for Mosiah.

...and, as it relates to 'PNP/JLP politics' Lazie and BenJ are Mosiah (as he is on Burrell/Boxhill)clones.

Comment

My apologies.I should have been more detail. I agree with what you are saying. I'm saying the JFF is copycating the JLP and PNP in fulfilling their agenda when election time approaches e.g. road repairs, schools suddenly receiving money etc. Bora will be the excuse why things are suddenly coming together and if Boxhill loses it will be because of Captain Burrell.

Comment

<DIV>Just as long as you realise that the Captain did the same thing. Why do you think the ground-breaking for the academy, complete with FIFA president, was so hurriedly arranged?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>The sad fact is, too many people seeking to remain in office often do just that - they find a hundred things to do just before the election while the rest of their tenure is relatively bare.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jamaica2099 (3/16/2007)Karl &amp; Mosiah. You guys fit into the perfect pattern adapted by the JFF and the Jamaican political parties.

Explain your nonsense. How do I fit into anything? Do you see me breaking ground for an academy? Are RBSC elections due?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jamaica2099 (3/16/2007)My apologies.I should have been more detail. I agree with what you are saying. I'm saying the JFF is copycating the JLP and PNP in fulfilling their agenda when election time approaches e.g. road repairs, schools suddenly receiving money etc. Bora will be the excuse why things are suddenly coming together and if Boxhill loses it will be because of Captain Burrell.
                              tenk yuh, sah!

Comment

Working...
                              X