See how it easy to fool the populace.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See how it easy to fool the populace.

German TV chiefs complain to Uefa over faked Euro 2012 clip of crying fan. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...efa-crying-fan

Angry German television chiefs have complained to Uefa after it was discovered that coverage of the European Championship semi-final between Germany and Italy was manipulated to show a German woman in tears when her team was two goals down when in fact she had been moved by the national anthem.

When the fan alerted the German press to the faked footage, after she received texts and facebook messages from bemused friends, it was discovered that Uefa, European football's governing body which controlled the broadcast, had strategically inserted the images following a goal when they had actually been filmed much earlier.

The footage aired just after Italy had scored their second goal showed slow-motion images of a woman, identified as Andrea from Düsseldorf, wiping copious tears from her cheek. But the scene had been filmed 40 minutes earlier during the singing of the national anthem, which the woman said had moved her to tears.

Bosses at ARD and ZDF, Germany's state channels which broadcast the match, have called on Uefa to explain the doctored footage, saying that it risked damaging their reputation with German viewers.

"This incident is in no way acceptable," said Dieter Gruschwitz, the ZDF head of sport, in a letter to Uefa. "Because here it was suggested to the viewer that a scene – the woman with tears – was a direct result of the situation that had just happened, namely the Italians' goal." He added: "This is without a doubt a manipulation".

The TV networks had lodged a complaint with Uefa via their joint sporting rights agency, SportA, he said, calling on the governing body to resist similar "interventions" in future.

Uefa has admitted playing with the footage but said it had done so only in an attempt to transmit the full emotional impact of the game on fans, to show "the human story of the game" and "to translate the emotion and tension of German fans".

In a previous incident Germany's manager, Joachim Löw, was shown teasing a ballboy during the first half of his team's match against Holland, which struck German fans as bizarre, particularly during a tense encounter. In fact the incident had happened before kick-off.

Uefa said it had not intended to mislead the audience and had deliberately used replay wipes before and after the clip, which clearly showed the event was not live.

Some German commentators said it was ironic that the scene of the crying woman had been taken out of context so that it was no longer clear she had been crying out of a sense of national pride. The football pitch is one of the few places it is considered acceptable by many Germans to express patriotism and if only for that reason the image, had it been used live, would have been both moving and fitting.

"We are incredulous and annoyed," said Jörg Schönenborn of ARD. "This discussion is not yet over."

Following the revelations, footage of the European championships was being raked over by fans and television researchers in search of any other contrivances
    Last edited by Karl; July 6, 2012, 12:21 PM.

I was fooled but I do remember thinking she seemed pretty calm... never thought they would do that in a live broadcast... stupid me.
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      I was fooled but I do remember thinking she seemed pretty calm... never thought they would do that in a live broadcast... stupid me.
      Me too; never consider that broadcasters would go to such lengths for just a football match. Who was it that said the camera never lie?
      Still, just goes to show we living in the age of deceit.
      Its a football match today; but tomorrow its something else even more important.

Comment

Exactly...I saw it and was thinking that cameraman is good to zoom in on the woman....ah well..

Comment

Originally posted by GazX View Post
          Me too; never consider that broadcasters would go to such lengths for just a football match. Who was it that said the camera never lie?
          Still, just goes to show we living in the age of deceit.
          Its a football match today; but tomorrow its something else even more important.
          Have you lost your marbles? What is more important than football?
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Tommorow?
            ...OK! You did go on to say
            show we living in the age of deceit.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

some say the whole appollo launchings were made for TV movies ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

...oh...so the apollo launchings were NOT made for TV movies!!??
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Heard the same about the moon landings... btw who took the picture of Neil Armstrong as he is about to step on the moon? hmmm
                  Peter R

Comment

really now? It's not that the crying never took place, it was only redirected.

Yeah, one cannot split the atom (how can you split what you cannot see). The advances that are being made is just too startling for some. Bear in mind that the Greeks knew of the power of an atom.

The Chinese are planning lunar landings also. I guess it will be true then.

Comment

Lol. Jawge...redirected?
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                      X