Lowe hits hatrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowe hits hatrick

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Lowe hits hat-trick to pilot Portmore</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>PAUL A REID, Observer Writer
    Thursday, March 15, 2007
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>MONTEGO BAY, St James - Former national player Onandi Lowe scored a hat-trick yesterday, including a stunning first-half free-kick to send Portmore into the semi-finals of the Red Stripe Champions Cup KO after spanking listless Wadadah 4-0 in their quarter-final return-leg game at Catherine Hall Complex.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Portmore won the tie 5-1 on aggregate after the Montego Bay team scored late in the first-leg played at Ferdie Neita Park last week to earn a 1-1 tie.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Lowe scored for Portmore in the 27th minute to take the lead and never let up, running rings around the home side.
    Lowe added goals in the 45th and 76th minutes as Mario Swaby got the other in the 49th.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Christopher Bender, a member of the Portmore coaching staff, said the difference between yesterday's game and the first leg was simply a matter of converting chances.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We started well, got the early goal and that set the tempo for the rest of the game. The difference between today's game land the first leg was that we converted our chances. We created a lot of chances last week, but did not convert, so it was simply a matter of increasing conversion rate and took care of the business," Bender said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>While they did not expect the game to be so easy, Bender told the Observer they came prepared for anything that Wadadah had to throw at them.<P class=StoryText align=justify>It was an almost one-sided affair as Wadadah barely bothered Portmore's goalkeeper Shawn Sawyers throughout the game.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Portmore got off to a fast start and kept Wadadah pinned in their own area for long periods and the first goal was only a matter of time.

The alert Lowe picked off an errant pass from a Wadadah defender and beat goalkeeper Gavine Barrett to his left to give Portmore the lead.<P class=StoryText align=justify>His curling left-footed free-kick just on the stroke of half-time, just cleared the Wadadah wall and curled away from Barrett into the far left corner of the goal.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Swaby converted from close range four minutes into the second half after a good build-up down the right-hand side caught Wadadah flatfooted.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Ten minutes after hitting the post with a one-time half-volley shot, Lowe popped up in the right place in the 76th minute to head home into an almost empty goal to complete the scoring.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

RE: Lowe hits hatrick

Time for a recall to the national program?:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: :hehe:
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Lowe is a big man.

The 2007 Lowe:

Is he still a very strong man?

Does he have the same or improved 'touch'?

Does he still have the same 2004 quickness - reaction time &amp; pace across ground?

Does he have his '2004 Uruguay thinking cap' - (In my mind his best TEAM playing/thinking game that I have seen.) - on for every game? ...or, has he even improved on how he uses 'brain'?

If he has all of the above he should be a write in for our present squad!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<DIV>(Heavy Sigh)</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Here we go again.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Triple HEAVY Sigh. (Add a big GROOOOAN too).

Karl sometimes make me wonder...

Onandi is finshed. Take that back.

Onandi Lowe DONE!! (Juss like Tappa).

Comment

<DIV>Romario scored a hattrick the other day too. I'm sure Dunga has already called him up for the next friendly.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>sigh</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (3/15/2007)<DIV>Romario scored a hattrick the other day too. I'm sure Dunga has already called him up for the next friendly.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>sigh</DIV>
              So you are saying Romario plays as well as he did in 1994?

All I can say not from what I have seen.

Now Lowe, I have not seen. Maybe you could think that 'might' be whyI am asking of/about him? ...or, is that what is so hard it is causing you to sigh?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X