RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You'll hear this at our football matches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: You'll hear this at our football matches!

Friggin Hilarious!!! Didn't this start during our 98 WC campaign? It was then I recall hearing it, and the masses that surrounded me in the bleachers were not firing an imaginary gun, some were beating an imaginary drum.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (3/16/2007) Friggin Hilarious!!! Didn't this start during our 98 WC campaign? It was then I recall hearing it, and the masses that surrounded me in the bleachers were not firing an imaginary gun, some were beating an imaginary drum.
      Lazie it did start during WC qualifying campaign and I remember distinctly watching univision and seeing two fingers in the air firing "BOOM" before kick off of every home match. - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Well if thats the case I owe you and Forfar an apology. I recall one game when Shinehead focked up the anthem and a bredda from Spanish Town, my friends and I always called him Blacka, just started belting the anthem with his hand over the left side of his chest. Of course all of us followed suit. When it came to the chorus, he sang JAMAICA .. BOOM (knocking that imaginary drum). I guess some waggonist misunderstood the reason for the sound.

... ahhh Jamaicans!
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Mosiah (3/16/2007)I thought it came from some tv clip that had some cannons exploding at that point. I don't have a problem with it, mainly because they are the only words I know of the anthem!
          A what? I had never heard that one before but it is as good an explanation asany. - T.K.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
          X