For those who truly love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The players looked slower too.

All footwear were leather --not the state of the art materials and constructions of today.

Todays players are way fitter. lots more pros for the modern player and game.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Bang on, HL!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Thank you Mass Karl.

Some of these forumites too hard-ears.

HL

Comment

I thought the balls back then were heavier and of leather... with a rubber inflatable bladder inside... at least the ones we used to play with... heaven help you if it rained!

and how do you measure "fitter"? just asking... they still played 90 minutes didn't they?
          Peter R

Comment

Well 'fitter' could be seen as subjective. But considering nutrition, sports science and improved training techniques ... individual fitness has improved.

The 100 meters is run in less time than in the <<<70's, 80's etc.

HL

Comment

I know you are looking at the film and judging from the flight of the ball that it's very light. All I can say is that those balls are collectible. If you know of any on sale please let me know. PR already stole my thunder, hence I won't say more.

Comment

PR you re correct. You took away my thunder because I had HL in a stew. As I earlier stated the only thing these modern days player have is fitness (due to all kinds of enhancements). They still cannot measure up to the technical ability of the likes of Pele.

Here is my proof; at 50 years of age the king came out and played (scored too) wish I had the full game. look at the touch (one of a grand master)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kQbCx_aiec4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoY-N...eature=related

They can all talk but those who really know what's up holds the truth.

Comment

Working...
                X