Cristiano Ronaldo: World’s Best Player? You’re Having A Laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cristiano Ronaldo: World’s Best Player? You’re Having A Laugh

<DIV class=cite>Posted on Wednesday, March 14th, 2007</DIV><DIV class=cite>Filed under: Extra Time, Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Middlesbrough, Arsenal, Premiership, CaughtOffside Opinion, Watford, Andy Gray, General Football and Soccer, Champions League, Ryan</DIV>

Ryan isn’t convinced the Premiership’s most creepily well-groomed player is worthy of the hype (yet).

Saturday’s replay-salvaging penalty against Middlesboro saw the much-vaunted Portuguese winger score his 17th goal in all competitions in this his annus mirabilis. He’s having the season of his young career, and the propaganda machine at the self-styled ‘Theatre of Dreams’ has been wheeled out to laud him as “the best player in the World” relentlessly over the last few weeks.

A cynic might suggest that they’re trying to trump up his market valuation should the indecisive winger opt to ‘do one’ over the summer. A United fan on the other hand would only be too willing to remind us all that there’s another 10-15 games left in the season for them, which could lead to his already-impressive stats finishing up as glorified cricket scores.

That’s the problem with him, and United specifically; contrived nonsense interchanges with actual fact so often it’s hard to make out the wood for the trees. Here’s what we definitely know about him…

• 174 games for Manchester United, 43 goals. Approximately 1 goal every 4 games.
    • 27 European Games, not one goal. In 4 years of Champions League football, he’s yet to score. Roy Keane had 14 for United.
    • 26 League games this season, 16 g
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Cristiano Ronaldo: World’s Best Player? You’re Having A Laugh

This Liverpool fan somehow forgot who was instrumental in Manu's win at Anfield. The boy is playing as a winger, therefore, is he expected to score in every game?

Oh .. as for him not delivering in the Champions League. As I mentioned before the boy is a winger. When MAnu went to Benfica, who was it that created the chance for Saha to score? Wait ... who took over and created a simpe chance for Larrson against Lille? Then against its a Livafool fan aka hayta!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yup I think this was written with

obejectivity at the forefront. pay attention to this statement: The facts exemplify a staggering lack of impact on the biggest stage. Against solid, top drawer outfits and defences. He had a good season but greatest player no. he is above average that's all. I wonder what they would say about Robinho, immortal? Ronaldo came to the WC with big tummy and bagged more goals than Christian (thank God for penalties).

Comment

Jawge (3/14/2007)Yup I think this was written with

obejectivity at the forefront. pay attention to this statement: The facts exemplify a staggering lack of impact on the biggest stage. Against solid, top drawer outfits and defences. He had a good season but greatest player no. he is above average that's all. I wonder what they would say about Robinho, immortal? Ronaldo came to the WC with big tummy and bagged more goals than Christian (thank God for penalties).
        First thing, I'm not indicating that he is the best, however, he is surely making a name for himself. Don't get it wrong Jawge, ROBINHO NUH GOOD LIKE RONALDO.

Aren't penalties apart of the game? Goalkeepers today are much more capable today of saving penalties. Mi ask yuh something, how many goals did Robinho score at the world cup?

Comment

Working...
        X