Again I ask ... what of Scott Parker? During the EPL season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again I ask ... what of Scott Parker? During the EPL season

the same question was asked and people responded how effective he was. During the Euros people talk as if he was doing a good job in midfield. Well ... I've never rated Scott Parker. He cannot pass, he cannot shoot ... 5hiiitttt he cannot tackle. All he is good at is diving in front of a shot. Maybe he needs to be a goalkeeper.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

That is a fair assessment, even though he is a warrior and gives his all he is not up to international standard and is inclusion highlights the lack of good English central midfield players.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
      That is a fair assessment, even though he is a warrior and gives his all he is not up to international standard and is inclusion highlights the lack of good English central midfield players.
      . yet England had the luxury of leaving Carrick behind? Comical. England lack good central mids .... but Carrick has proven that even though underrated ... he is better than most.

Good fi me, at least him rest up fi the new season.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

a dat me a seh too....glad seh England out early. The Empire players can go get some rest and vacation with their families. They have a bigger team to go play for.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          . yet England had the luxury of leaving Carrick behind? Comical. England lack good central mids .... but Carrick has proven that even though underrated ... he is better than most.

Good fi me, at least him rest up fi the new season.
          Yep you right, there is a little bit of politics involved with Carricks exclusion, Capello peed him off so much that he told the FA that he is fed up of being a bit part player.

Comment

.....I mean an Empire side of Wellbeck, Rooney, Young , Carrick, Ferdinand and even Cleverley would have seen them progress much further in the competition.....just saying.....
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yep you right, there is a little bit of politics involved with Carricks exclusion, Capello peed him off so much that he told the FA that he is fed up of being a bit part player.

... but Carrick is right. Other than Gerrard and LAmpard ... NO OTHER ENGLISH mid should be called ahead of Carrick. Unless Scholes say "Call Me".

Carrick has won the EPL and UCL and he wasn't a bit part player ... he vital to the team winning. How Gareth Barry, Scott PArker ... fornication ... Henderson of Liverpool a get call ahead a Carrick?

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                .....I mean an Empire side of Wellbeck, Rooney, Young , Carrick, Ferdinand and even Cleverley would have seen them progress much further in the competition.....just saying.....
                .. yuh wanna get Paul Marin upset bredren?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  ... but Carrick is right. Other than Gerrard and LAmpard ... NO OTHER ENGLISH mid should be called ahead of Carrick. Unless Scholes say "Call Me".

Carrick has won the EPL and UCL and he wasn't a bit part player ... he vital to the team winning. How Gareth Barry, Scott PArker ... fornication ... Henderson of Liverpool a get call ahead a Carrick?
                  A little insight below, I think Carrick feels as if he haven't been appreciated by England managers:-

Eyebrows were raised when Roy Hodgson left Carrick out of his squad for Euro 2012 but the former West Brom manager told reporters that the 30-year-old had no interest in being included on the standby list.HODGSON CONFIRMS SQUAD

The new England manager has revealed his 23-man contingent for Euro 2012

Hodgson hinted that he had preferred to select Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Scott Parker and as such could not promise Carrick a prominent role.

"I wouldn't dream of putting Michael on a standby list after he has made it clear in the past he doesn't want to be involved like that," Hodgson told reporters.

"I'd have to be convinced he was better than the four I've selected and that he'd be happy to come out of retirement."

Carrick has won only 22 England caps despite having made his debut for the national team as a 20-year-old while at West Ham in 2001.

He was included in the England squad that travelled to South Africa for the 2010 World Cup but did not play a single minute of football during the tournament, and has only had 15 starts in 11 years as an international.

"Michael will help in an extreme case," added managing director of Club England Adrian Bevington.

Comment

....a lie me a tell????

Comment

A little insight below, I think Carrick feels as if he haven't been appreciated by England managers:-

Eyebrows were raised when Roy Hodgson left Carrick out of his squad for Euro 2012 but the former West Brom manager told reporters that the 30-year-old had no interest in being included on the standby list.HODGSON CONFIRMS SQUAD

The new England manager has revealed his 23-man contingent for Euro 2012

Hodgson hinted that he had preferred to select Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Scott Parker and as such could not promise Carrick a prominent role.

"I wouldn't dream of putting Michael on a standby list after he has made it clear in the past he doesn't want to be involved like that," Hodgson told reporters.

"I'd have to be convinced he was better than the four I've selected and that he'd be happy to come out of retirement."

Carrick has won only 22 England caps despite having made his debut for the national team as a 20-year-old while at West Ham in 2001.

He was included in the England squad that travelled to South Africa for the 2010 World Cup but did not play a single minute of football during the tournament, and has only had 15 starts in 11 years as an international.

"Michael will help in an extreme case," added managing director of Club England Adrian Bevington.
                      Yes, I'm aware of matter. What is there about Scott Parker that makes anyone think his name should be in the same list as Carrick? Xavi the best in that role has spoken highly of Carrick. Who the fornication is Parker and Barry?

Yes Barry won the EPL title ... but it was Toure and Silva that ran that midfield.

I heard one commentator during the Belgian friendly knocking Carrick ... Carrick need fi ask how many medals the rest have?

Comment

England lucky Barry wasn't there. Even Pirlo can run leff him.

Comment

Working...
                        X