It boils down to 'Degree of Difficulty'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It boils down to 'Degree of Difficulty'

"a rating which reflects the difficulty of the manoeuvre or action an athlete is attempting to perform in sports such as gymnastics and diving, [and which is factored into the final score]"

So to answer the Balotelli v. Ibrahimovic goal--which was better?. It boils down to degree of difficulty.

Balotelli gets a 9.5 (out of 10)
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

That is why I would say a tie because in terms of elegance or beauty Ibhra's looked better.It took great skill (technique under pressure) for Balo's goal. Ibhra's goal was a well executed technique. On the level of skill alone definitely it's Balo's goal but incorporating elegance, Ibra's jumps beside that of Balo's.

Comment

......and Ibra a 10
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        That is why I would say a tie because in terms of elegance or beauty Ibhra's looked better.It took great skill (technique under pressure) for Balo's goal. Ibhra's goal was a well executed technique. On the level of skill alone definitely it's Balo's goal but incorporating elegance, Ibra's jumps beside that of Balo's.
        Elegance? This is football not synchronized swimming!! Wrong forum. I totally agree - Ballotelli's was far more difficult and required a greater degree of skill.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

a greater degree of skill and EXECUTION ... it becomes that much harder to do with someone riding your back like a market bus saturday "before day a mawnin'"!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            ......and Ibra a 10
            I think you meant "......and Ibra a 10/1.5" Unu a gwan like Ibra goal is any big ting. Me cyan believe it to rahtid. Okay - here' s a question - which was TECHNICALLY better, Ibra's goal or Zidane's goal in UCL finals 2002?
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              a greater degree of skill and EXECUTION ... it becomes that much harder to do with someone riding your back like a market bus saturday "before day a mawnin'"!
              Agreed. But stop. You are beginning to get me worried whenever you agree wid me. Haffi go docta now mek sure I have not entered a new dimension.

Comment

yuh think YOU worried? mi inna CRISIS!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That's a reasonable assessment King Jawge.

The only reason why I am giving Balotelli the slight edge: is that Balotelli had his back to the goal and had John Francis O'Shea all over him like a bloody wet-blanket.

Ibhra's goal on the other hand...though extremely difficult to execute--I have seen it before.

It's (kinda) like Wayne Rooney's goal against Man City. I have seen it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rEJNDno0cbU

Ballotelli?...not really. It's One of a kind.
                  Last edited by HL; June 20, 2012, 03:29 PM.

HL

Comment

You guys have to thank me

Lata, got to run.

Comment

Thank you King Jawge.

Run skillfully...

HL

Comment

remind me which BPL team yuh support again..

Comment

Yuh need tuh check out what is causing you to be on the wrong side of this topic...

I suspect it is some esoteric thing like 'Black Man Time' or some such..

The Analysts have already spoken...

Comment

...diffa-rant tapik,......................... but I think you mean EPL team.

Class is class. Rooney's goal against MY EPL team Man City was excellent.

HL

Comment

Suh wha bout Wellbeck goal. Half Piroet with use of inner foot to direct ball outta goal keeper reach inna net back!! Dat deh goal nuh difficult fi execute?

Comment

Working...
                              X