No announcement yet.

Sugar lands to be developed as sporting facilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suh which land innah Jamaica outside a Kingston nuh zoned agricultural ?????

lol !

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      In this desperate state we in, you want to use up proven agro land?

How can you even begin to justify this?

We have no hope...
      How much of the "proven agro lands" do we have that is not being used at maximum usage rate?

What fraction of "proven agro lands" is the PM suggesting to be used for 'playfields'/mini stadia?

What the public and private sector need to do is attack our problems on all fronts and that includes public sector involvement such as building 'playing fields/stadia' and other public recreation areas.

Certainly the PM is not suggesting a reduction or withdrawal from maximizing on agricultural output. As fact, the PM has proposed and has programs in place to do quite the contrary.

There are programs in place to increase production! PERIOD!

This attack on the PM is nonsense! It falls in the category of some of the inane attacks on Obama being made by the Republicans.

I make no apologies in saying the attacks on the PM is damn fool set of braying. Mindless braying by persons who should know better.

Cho man, do better dan dat!
      Last edited by Karl; June 19, 2012, 10:15 AM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We cannot afford for this PNP Govt to succeed...

Comment

AS Don1 stated. The rationale is not smart. Building sporting facilities is wise but to link the need to re purpose prime agri land into sports fields needs a bit of thought. I dont really know where or what sabina park was before it became that. Dont think it is important now. This is what I know: You need population beside these complexes. So taking some remote plains in St. Elizabeth and building a soccer field and netball court dont make sense. Not say they are doing that just looking at common sense approach. I know hampden Estate in trelawny may have lots of land but i would not build a complex in hampden as the population to use it is not there.

Comment

karl you are making it harder than it is. Grow another export crop on the cane lands tax that and use it to build infrastructure. It easy... Dont do the opposite though as you will have nothing to export.....

Comment

Hey OJ how yuh a gwaan like seh yuh waan come run the country so. Dem people de no business bout town planning and development. By the time election come back around Portia can seh she build 7 new sporting facilities fe the yutes dem inna small communities.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I can only hope the sugar lands don't go like Grays Inn. Sad state of affairs. 30 years later and most of the land going to waste or have Squatters on it. Still very fertile land.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

unnun calm down nuh.. yuh nuh hear di Chiney reach.. mek dem worry about all dem tings fi wi..

Mek wi duh what we do bess... is who unnuh tink build Panama Sky-Line ?

Dem juss give di Jews dem 1000 acre a land and seh run wid it..

Life simple yuh nuh.. wi juss mek it hard...

Key is tuh unnastaun yuhself and avoid di Quixotic...

Last edited by Muadib; June 19, 2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

lol
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                      We cannot afford for this PNP Govt to succeed...

Have to admit you have a right to call me out on my damn fool statement! ...once again, mea culpa!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yuh mean "mea comrade"

dat is all the explanation required...

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                          karl you are making it harder than it is. Grow another export crop on the cane lands tax that and use it to build infrastructure. It easy... Dont do the opposite though as you will have nothing to export.....
                          I can see your thinking...but consider this: Can both - building out agriculture production and building 'playfields' - be attacked at the same time?

I am thinking it is not just a matter of one first and the other second...(please include all the many other necessary matters than our country needs done 'like yesterday'...yes, sir! ...include them all!)...but doing all necessary work on all fronts! We have the underutilised assets/capital...capacity...brain power...etc., etc!!!!!!

Comment

lol
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                            X