No announcement yet.

50 million pound inna di JOHN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am with you on that. Roy picked Carol to deal with the swedes as they had a problem defending crosses and set pieces. I don't see him against the Germans or any of the top team execpt maybe Spain as they are not necessarily the talest team on the pitch and airball might be in England's favor when playing them.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
      There is no way i am gonna pick my striker because of his defensive strength, you have to pick him for his ability to play as a striker and anything else is a bonus. Paul did you know that both goals England conceded to Sweden was Caroll's fault? He gave away the free kick for the first goal and then lost Melberg on the second goal.
      I agree you don't pick a striker for their defensive abilities but having a striker who can play box to box is an asset depending on your tactics. As for the Sweden game, you also seem to forget that the man scored; regardless, I don't blame Carroll for either goal. Yes, he gave away the free kick on the first one; by that logic, then the second goal was Milner's fault as he gave away that free kick. On the first goal, the wall did its job, but the defenders gave the Swedish players in the box way too much space afterwards - you can't blame that on Carroll. As for the second goal, you really can't blame Carroll either as Mellberg's run was brilliant - no one but Superman could have stopped him. Carroll would have had to wipe out half the team to get to Mellberg once the big Swede got to the other side of the wall (difficult to explain, but you might remember Mellberg started on the left side of the wall and made a semicircular run from one side of the wall to the other). Anyway, all I'm saying is that picking Carroll over Wellbeck is not a bad move. They have different qualities and are both useful depending on the manager's tactics. I submit that Carroll will be more useful against Ukraine than Wellbeck.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
      X