50 million pound inna di JOHN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Not say Carol is not a decent player but overpriced? YES.
    That's not the player's fault. KD put him under way too much pressure out of the gate by caving in to Newcastle's price tag. Carroll still has lots of time to prove himself and only time will tell if he was good business or not. I suspect that under Rodgers, Carroll will do better than under KD.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Young had a bad/poor game! I expected much better from him.

he was poor in both games. He should be benched for the 3rd game.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

that is why I say overpriced. Not that he is not good, my point is that Liverpool paid too much for him. There is only so much money to go around.

Hopefully he will perform under Rodgers.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          that is why I say overpriced. Not that he is not good, my point is that Liverpool paid too much for him. There is only so much money to go around.

Hopefully he will perform under Rodgers.
          He will perform. What people don't realise is that Carroll is an attacking and defensive asset. He is a big deal on defensive set pieces as he was for England v. Sweden and for Liverpool several times this past season. Unfortunately, most peeps evaluated him only on his goal scoring, not his entire game. I give RH credit for seeing his value. It will be interesting to see what RH does with the line up now that Rooney is back in the frame.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

yeah he good on defensive set pieces. I see him scoring a ten goal a season. Roy said he is going to drop Ashley Young wider and he said Rooney can drop back like how the big Swede played yesterday so he may still go for Caroll and Welback, as seen with West Brom and Fulham he likes somewhat of a moving game.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Young needs to be dropped and the team doesn't need Rooney. I would also start Jermaine Defoe over Danny Welbeck.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                Young needs to be dropped and the team doesn't need Rooney. I would also start Jermaine Defoe over Danny Welbeck.
                What would you have as the starting line up against Ukraine?

Comment

The team against Ukraine should be:-

Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, A.Cole, Walcott, Gerrard, Parker, Chamberlain, Rooney, Welbeck.

Comment

any team excluding those 3.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                      any team excluding those 3.
                      Which 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        The team against Ukraine should be:-

Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, A.Cole, Walcott, Gerrard, Parker, Chamberlain, Rooney, Welbeck.
                        Dropping Carroll would be a mistake. My line up would be:

--------Hart
                        Johnson------Terry---Lescott------Cole
                        Walcott------Gerrard---Parker-----O/C
                        -----------------Carroll
                        ----------------------Rooney

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                          Dropping Carroll would be a mistake. My line up would be:

--------Hart
                          Johnson------Terry---Lescott------Cole
                          Walcott------Gerrard---Parker-----O/C
                          -----------------Carroll
                          ----------------------Rooney
                          Once Rooney is available it was always gonna be Welbeck who is gonna partner him upfront thats only natural because they play together for Man U and have a good understanding. I would play Welbeck over Caroll everytime because of his movement and his ability on the ball and he is a better finisher in my opinion.

Comment

Walcott a worry for Hodgson as England winger leaves training with hamstring problem

By Sportsmail Reporter
                            PUBLISHED:17:33, 17 June 2012 | UPDATED:19:01, 17 June 2012
                            England winger Theo Walcott is a doubt for Tuesday's Euro 2012 clash with Ukraine after he pulled out of training following a tightness in his hamstring.
                            Manager Roy Hodgson confirmed the news on Sunday afternoon and while it is not thought the damage is too serious, it may mean Walcott is not available to face the co-hosts.
                            'Unfortunately he had a slight setback in training,' Hodgson told BBC Radio Five Live.

Concern: Theo Walcott was forced to leave training due to a hamstring problem

'He felt the hamstring that kept him out for so long at the end of the season and which we were slightly concerned about when he came to us,' added Hodgson.

'We have been lucky nothing has occurred with that but in a little training session today we had to take the precaution of taking him from the field because he felt some tightness there.

'Whether he is a real contender for a starting position will depend upon what the medical people can tell me and how much guarantee they can give me that if I do start him he won't be leaving the field after five minutes, forcing us to have 13 men rather than the 14 I would rather count on.'
                            Walcott missed two Arsenal games after injuring his hamstring against Chelsea, returning as a second-half substitute during the final day encounter with West Brom.

Hodgson would want to have Walcott available to face Ukraine after an outstanding contribution to Friday's win over Sweden, when he came off the bench to score his first goal in almost four years, then set up Danny Welbeck for the winner.

Take that: Walcott was on target for England in their win over Sweden

Meanwhile, Hodgson has confirmed Wayne Rooney, who returns from his two-match ban and is set to be partnered by Manchester United team-mate Danny Welbeck against Ukraine, is under consideration to be the new England vice-captain.
                            'We haven't designated one yet but he is very much a candidate,' said Hodgson.
                            'Quite frankly, with him not being available we haven't really felt the necessity before now to decide on that.
                            'But we are very much considering him for that position, yes.'
                            The England coach also lavished praise on full-back Ashley Cole, who will break the record held jointly by Peter Shilton and David Beckham when he makes his 21st tournament appearance at the Donbass Arena.

Responsibility: Wayne Rooney is set to be named England's vice captain

'He misses very few games, either for his national team or club team, and always plays to a very high level,' said Hodgson.
                            'It is great to hear that he has this record to beat when he plays against the Ukraine. I am delighted for him.
                            'It would be wrong to take him for granted. We are very much aware of his qualities and how much we need him down that left side.
                            'Because he is a quiet man, maybe for a lot of people he does slip under the radar.
                            'I know he is most comfortable when he lets his football do the talking.'

More...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/eur...#ixzz1y4yEken9

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                              Once Rooney is available it was always gonna be Welbeck who is gonna partner him upfront thats only natural because they play together for Man U and have a good understanding. I would play Welbeck over Caroll everytime because of his movement and his ability on the ball and he is a better finisher in my opinion.
                              My position is that defensive shape is the problem. Welbeck is useless defensively and Rooney and Carroll are potent enough especially with the other attacking players in the frame. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                                My position is that defensive shape is the problem. Welbeck is useless defensively and Rooney and Carroll are potent enough especially with the other attacking players in the frame. We'll see.
                                There is no way i am gonna pick my striker because of his defensive strength, you have to pick him for his ability to play as a striker and anything else is a bonus. Paul did you know that both goals England conceded to Sweden was Caroll's fault? He gave away the free kick for the first goal and then lost Melberg on the second goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X