Am I the lone voice of reason here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the lone voice of reason here?

I had to start a new thread because there are a lot of reasonable points being thrown around in the other thread a Needing a Creative Midfielder, and I didn't want to get lost in it.

Now you all see what I am saying about Tappa and his weaknesses. At this stage of the game, they are talking about needing a creative midfielder. This shows a lack of idea and direction. He has been in charge for 2 years now and he is blaming our poor performances on the lack of a creative midfielder. So far, only two players have emerged as likely candidates to fill the role, Daley and Hue. He looked at them and is not satisfied, so what's next? A good coach works with the players that he has at his disposal. You devise a strategy and build your team around the best players of the lot. I said it before that a creative midfielder that sits back and sprays passes all over the field is not an absolute necessity in today's football. Sass, this is specifically for you.

One of the glaring weakness that I see with the team, which is an extension of the coach ,Tappa, is that we do not attack as a unit. In our last game, he talked about using the wings to attack because the middle of the field was poor. However, many of our plays were broken down because when the ball went to our wingers, they did not have an outlet for the ball. I don't see us putting in crosses into the 18 yards for our forwards to attack. What was our game plan? This problem doesn't just apply to our last game, but it's a constant one. Are our game PlanS to get the ball into the 18 yard box before we shoot? If that does not work, do we change it to crossing into the box? Our forwards play in leagues where they earn their bread from crosses into the box. This is just one of the main weakness that has not been addressed since Tappa's tenure. Free kicks and set play is another one.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

well 1 outta 2 is a start .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That is because you are talking to yourself and not listening. Let me ask you if we attacked as a unit in the Gold Cup. Did we or did we not.

You don't have to have a creative midfield and just like how Manu despite winning so many games this year looked static and no fluent attack. Just remember that.

The first misconcept of football is pretty ball and possession win, no it is scoring goals. If Shelton did score the one that hit the post even though it looked ugly it would be a win right? and six points. Yes I have seen many beautiful games and players and love it but it goes deeper than that.

Ok look you see why Mattocks was bought by Vancouver. They had many strikers but none that could run throught the channel and cause disarrray in the defense, not only for him to score but to open up the games for others. The only forward we have who can do that somewhat is Omar Cummings. Shelton have speed but in between defense. That kind of player also created more space for midfielders and other forwards to operate in. Yet you a the first one saying him to stay where he is.

The fact is we have 4 points and it is not time to panic. Get a few practise game for the team and let them gel a little more and we will be fine.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

WTF dat haffi duh wid Tappa.. yuh really tink yuh is di owner of some secret knowledge dat somehow escape man who playing (not just watching) international ball an all guh World Cup?

All di man haffi duh is log on tuh di site.. worst case..

lol !

Wheh yuh seh.. him can play it but him cyaan coach it..

How yuh want him to address it... put on him boots ?

lol ! woiee !

Comment

lol
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Goals come as a result of the build up play. If Shelton did score the goal; if Richards did score the goal; if, if if. That's just the end result which is another topic - goal scoring. I gave Shelton his props for the Guatemala game didn't I? I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong, and I sincerely hope that I will be wrong regarding Tappa and his ability to take us to the WC, but right now, I don't see that happening. But archive this post because I know we will all lose our heads when Jamaica wins a few matches leading up to the Hex and forget the essence of what i am saying right now.

Comment

"Goals come as a result of the build up play"

Not always and even so it doesn't have to be by creative play either. You will games by losing and practising as a unit and knowing each other and working for others, using your strenght and limiting your weaknesses. You not going to lose your weakness a short time but you can build on your stenght as a team.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                I had to start a new thread because there are a lot of reasonable points being thrown around in the other thread a Needing a Creative Midfielder, and I didn't want to get lost in it.

Now you all see what I am saying about Tappa and his weaknesses. At this stage of the game, they are talking about needing a creative midfielder. This shows a lack of idea and direction. He has been in charge for 2 years now and he is blaming our poor performances on the lack of a creative midfielder. So far, only two players have emerged as likely candidates to fill the role, Daley and Hue. He looked at them and is not satisfied, so what's next? A good coach works with the players that he has at his disposal. You devise a strategy and build your team around the best players of the lot. I said it before that a creative midfielder that sits back and sprays passes all over the field is not an absolute necessity in today's football. Sass, this is specifically for you.

One of the glaring weakness that I see with the team, which is an extension of the coach ,Tappa, is that we do not attack as a unit. In our last game, he talked about using the wings to attack because the middle of the field was poor. However, many of our plays were broken down because when the ball went to our wingers, they did not have an outlet for the ball. I don't see us putting in crosses into the 18 yards for our forwards to attack. What was our game plan? This problem doesn't just apply to our last game, but it's a constant one. Are our game PlanS to get the ball into the 18 yard box before we shoot? If that does not work, do we change it to crossing into the box? Our forwards play in leagues where they earn their bread from crosses into the box. This is just one of the main weakness that has not been addressed since Tappa's tenure. Free kicks and set play is another one.
                Bingo, Jangle you hit the nail on the head. In modern football you've got to have fullbacks that are mobile who get up and down. Jamaica's problem is when the ball is played out wide our fullbacks rarely overlap to give the wingers support so there is hardly any passing option for them and that is one of the main reason why we are not creating problems from wide. We know Demar Phillips can do it but we definately need a right back and if i was Tappa i would be on the phone trying to get Danny Simpson. They keep harping on about creative midfielder when we should just be concentrating on improving our strengths.

Comment

Everybody want a "creative midfield". You can find only a few team have one.

Comment

I think Tappa and his crew need to define exactly what they mean by "creative" midfielder. If we are to take the words meaning in the Jamaican vocabulary, then, it would be defined as being a dribbler or a brucky-boo. Probably he should specify to mean a "thinker" who plays the midfield position. I remember during the run-up to the '98 WCQ, Simoes had someone whose job was to record the number of completed passes each players made. All of this statistics thing was very new to most of us fans, but as we became more educated about the game at the highest level, we saw the importance of statistics in football. What is the passing percentage of each player on the team? This information is vital to highlight player's weaknesses. Case in point, Rudolph Austin's percentage which was absolutely poor.

Check out the two passes for Ronaldo's goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27J80cAN25c

Comment

As you talk of percentage. How many has Portugal complete? They have been very wasteful in this tournament so to pick ou their two goals and not their overall stats, how fair is that?

Comment

Don't try to twist it. If were even 50% more accurate in our passes I would be happier. Anyway, the video is just to highlight 2 things:

1. the pass from a "thinker"
                        2. the quality of the pass from a winger or from a wing play.

Comment

That is rather unfair comparison. You are using your stats and then you don't want to talk about that of Portugal.

Yes we need to be more accurate but so do Portugal.

Comment

You need to read and understand. Where do you see me comparing Jamaica to Portugal?

Comment

you are showing two good passes from them but what you are not showing the amount of bad passes Portugal made in the final third and the misses which I happen to see on TV.

How fair are you when you only pick the two perfect passes and expect that of our player while you talking about stats and don't bring their stats into play either.

I could find a good two passes the Jamaican team made at sometime too.

Comment

Working...
                              X