Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyYout we have fi teach them how to play

on cricket pitch. LOL

You need one center mid right in the middle of the pitch. Someone who can take down his ball good. Someone who can make a good pass especially to the wingers and stop the opposing team from dribbling. Instead of passing it around use up the wing and the ball over the top more especially like how we have speedy forwards.

Antigua show us how to do it. Most of their players were either breaking up wing attacks and playing the ball over the top or running down the wing. Tell me when you saw an attack through the middle for them, and if we beat them in the middle they simple grab onto shirts.

We went with the wrong idea to play free flowing ball and never recovered. The good thing is we will not play on another pitch like this for now.
    Last edited by Assasin; June 13, 2012, 02:24 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    on cricket pitch. LOL

You need one center mid right in the middle of the pitch. Someone who can take down his ball good. Someone who can make a good pass especially to the wingers and stop the opposing team from dribbling. Instead of passing it around use up the wing and the ball over the top more especially like how we have speedy forwards.

Antigua show us how to do it. Most of their players were either breaking up wing attacks and playing the ball over the top or running down the wing. Tell me when you saw an attack through the middle for them, and if we beat them in the middle they simple grab onto shirts.

We went with the wrong idea to play free flowing ball and never recovered. The good thing is we will not play on another pitch like this for now.
    ...bad grounds?
    Unfortunate, as it takes away from time spent 'seeing the field', but you just have to watch the ball...always...onto your foot. So the talk about not being able to play...if technical ability (what we call *'control') is excellent, as it should be for national players, then there should be little problems 'playing'.

*Control - means just that "control"...i.e. getting the ball to 'walk and talk' as the player wishes. ...certainly not the one dimensional 'stopping of the ball' as 'control' meant in my long past youthful days...although being able to have the ball do same is a part of 'control'.

Brings a wry suh-mile crosses mi face as I remember my coaches screaming 'control' --- pass!

...dem dere bredda dem neva kno dat passing was a part of controlling di ball! Wi grow hup tinking dat being hable fi stop di ball dead was great kontrol...an den kicking hit weh (losing same was jus ha-bout immaterial)...wassa iffen wi drap 2 bruk pan 1 suh-mady or 2 before ball goon tuh hell.
    Last edited by Karl; June 13, 2012, 03:18 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl good ball control alone can't help you. You notice how many balls were passed to the chest of the midfield by the Antigans and they simple spread them to the wings. Ball play differnt in different condition.

if the field wet, you keep it moving and facking will get rid of opponent. If the ground bad it make dribbling and close passing uncertain and controlling the ball going to be harder because of unexpected bounces. If you want to play the ball fastly put it on the better part of the field and the only good place on this field was wide.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Karl good ball control alone can't help you.
        Good ball control - individual player - alone can never help you on any surface.

You notice how many balls were passed to the chest of the midfield by the Antigans and they simple spread them to the wings. Ball play differnt in different condition.
        Care not one fig what our opponents do....save how our REGGAE BOYZ solve the problems presented.

if the field wet, you keep it moving and facking will get rid of opponent. If the ground bad it make dribbling and close passing uncertain and controlling the ball going to be harder because of unexpected bounces. If you want to play the ball fastly put it on the better part of the field and the only good place on this field was wide.
        Matters not the condition(s) our REGGAE BOYZ should/must do what must be done to benefit TEAM.

Awareness of 'conditions' determine how any player performs. ...and the TEAM AWARENESS determine how TEAM performs.

Conditions bumpy watch ball onto foot! You may have to play more direct to limit number of passes (opportunity of losing ball) but your control must still be excellent. That is, passes accurate and 'most telling'/using best options; proper kicking technique..always; and as in every match 'using head' to best advantage.

No excuses! ...both TEAMs - our REGGAE BOYZ and the opponents - play on the same surface!
        Last edited by Karl; June 13, 2012, 04:30 PM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sass stop chat ......Jamaica didnt play on the pitch by itself and a good 1st touch doesnt go away even on a bad pitch.

Your excuses are odious ,it isnt funny anymore,closer to ridiculous.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Right!!

Comment

Excuse for what? A right there me learn fi play ball with cricket pitch right inna the middle bright and shiny. Cricket pitch hard and you get a ugly bounce on it that may throw off your timing.

What excuse. Mi leave unnu fi that. Mi nah worry we deh a head of the pack. You nuh see highly rate USA a tied with lowly Guatmala, what a thing?

Anytime you draw you on the road you fi fire the coach?

Comment

Weak,yuh really comparing guatemala to antigua ....aaah sah..so our failure to control a ball in the midfield was down to a cricket pitch ,and inability to pass in the final 3rd was down to a cricket pitch...but antigua excelled because they knew how to control on a cricket pitch.

kiss teeth.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Excuse for what? A right there me learn fi play ball with cricket pitch right inna the middle bright and shiny. Cricket pitch hard and you get a ugly bounce on it that may throw off your timing.

What excuse. Mi leave unnu fi that. Mi nah worry we deh a head of the pack. You nuh see highly rate USA a tied with lowly Guatmala, what a thing?

Anytime you draw you on the road you fi fire the coach?

Comment

Working...
                  X